ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

paying thousands for cheap made **** should be chastised but people feel the need to stand out or be cool so thats why the market is where it is
I don't get this though.. I'm going to start this by saying I like the shoe, and I tried to cop and struck out but I want the shoe cause I like them.  What's so cool about paying $1000 for a $350 shoe?  Im bummed and salty at how the release went, but people need to chill on this resell ish.  Im getting tired of saying it, but paying resell will only continue to make this shoe game worst.

Its not about what another man spends on shoes, I cant care less about someone else's pockets, but its about what that man paying resell is doing to the game for all of us.  SMH

here i read this article in the newspaper today, this will be the sneaker game in a year

http://nypost.com/2015/02/22/how-the-beanie-baby-craze-was-concocted-then-crashed/

Nah...you cant do anything but stare at beanie babies. Shoes can b worn. The market is already oversaturated and Nikes pockets aint hurting a bit and adidas is startin to see some of that sweet USA green with yeezy. Shoes arent goin anywhere..the true collectors were here before the spike and will be here when the dust clears.

Nah...you cant do anything but stare at beanie babies. Shoes can b worn. The market is already oversaturated and Nikes pockets aint hurting a bit and adidas is startin to see some of that sweet USA green with yeezy. Shoes arent goin anywhere..the true collectors were here before the spike and will be here when the dust clears.
This. Limited clothing/accessories/footwear will always have a resell market. Been that way since.. pretty much forever. 

Had a sz 13 in my cart from the start but was unable to check out.  
mean.gif

here i read this article in the newspaper today, this will be the sneaker game in a year

http://nypost.com/2015/02/22/how-the-beanie-baby-craze-was-concocted-then-crashed/
I understand how this can relate to sneaker culture, but sneakers are actually useful. People have always worn articles of clothing for exclusivity/nobility, crowns, fabrics, metals, and leathers. Sneakers and designer clothing are a modern day extension off of the whole culture. Beanie babies were a fad of stuffed animals, when the shoe game is an actual culture that's been around as long as any of us have lived. sure there might be a bubble sometime soon for some wider release parts (Jordan Brand Retros) but designer collabs, special editions, and promos will always be there.

We All Will Cash Out one Day from our Collections... that's just the Nature of Collecting man!

You only can Take ONE PAIR OF KICKS to the GRAVE with you.. The rest don't matter!

This. Limited clothing/accessories/footwear will always have a resell market. Been that way since.. pretty much forever. 

I have welcomed the influx of consumers because otherwise we wouldnt have gotten some of the retros ive enjoyed due to the market not being there. Things are fine to me to right now. Plenty of good stuff out there for everyone. Enjoy it and stop focusing on the money made/can be made.

You can't compare shoes to beanie babies or baseball cards, shoes can actually serve a purpose unlike something cute you give to your daughter. Resell may come down some day but its not gonna flop out and you're gonna be able to find Yeezys at a flea market for under retail by people desperate to get rid of them especially in this day and age of needing to impress people you've never met on the internet with shoes that cost as much as a car payment for retail and a down payment at resell... we definitely have more than a year to see any kind of change. People have been paying +1000 for Nikes for over a decade now, shoe companies are just getting more of it up front now and can you blame them?

Last edited:
I believe hype will die down. One day, people will realize that paying $220-250 for sneakers are ridiculous. I'm not talking about all the "high end" **** out here. I'm talking about shoes that are meant for athletic purposes. I'm just reaching that point, and I don't really **** with them anymore. I'm not paying $200+ for Jordans anymore. It's just not worth it.

I've been buying Jordans for like 3 years now maybe, and it's crazy how they went from $160 to some models being $220 so fast.
mean.gif

Last edited:
We All Will Cash Out one Day from our Collections... that's just the Nature of Collecting man!

You only can Take ONE PAIR OF KICKS to the GRAVE with you.. The rest don't matter!

Nah son. No coffin for me. Toss me in the hole with my kicks. :D

But these are "Limited" FOH, got a mascot plus adidas giving out pairs at the combine. These will be restocked over the year in descent numbers.

I sure hope so, maybe Adidas will be like, we will have plenty of op to build hype with limited Yeezy releases in the future, for now, lets eat with these 350 jump offs

But these are "Limited" FOH, got a mascot plus adidas giving out pairs at the combine. These will be restocked over the year in descent numbers.

I sure hope so, maybe Adidas will be like, we will have plenty of op to build hype with limited Yeezy releases in the future, for now, lets eat with these 350 jump offs

If everybody eats on this release Adidas can basically write off any future Yeezy releases doin this kind of work at that pricetag. The shoe is all hype and resell dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:
that beanie babe thing is nothing similar to shoes.

Part of shoes is the stunting feeling and making you feel like a god when you got them on.

you dont get that from collecting trains or beanie babes. Hence why that market fell off, it helped the weirdos think they have a nice collection, but it had no emotional value what shoes can do.

Lets be fair, if anyones ever worn yeezys that feeling of putting them on and rolling through the mall theres nothing better. Not even buying them just to stunt feel its just that damnnnn FRESH feeling. OR them new retro j's that haven't released . so baso for me when the aqua 8s next come out. and after i copped these boosts. 

The shoe feeling >>

The Concords in 2011 started the hype on shoes !
(Again)

And the Nike air Mags 2015 will finish it All!

Mark my word-

Last edited:
The Concords in 2011 started the hype on shoes !
(Again)

And the Nike air Mags 2015 will finish it All!

Mark my word-
concords in 2011? not sure if srs. 

But the Nike Air Mag will cause some havocs. But I don't think it'll end it all, Jordans have a better chance because the consensus is that families likes and wants Jordans more than Air Mags

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom