ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between is wishful thinking and the reality. and the reality is, kanye the first non-athlete that is getting their own models for shoes. Its a brand new territory that sportswear brands such as Nike and Adidas are treading very carefully. These guys don't perform 3-5 times a week on international and national TV like athletes do to showcase the shoes they make for them. So making them highly coveted and hard to get adds to the brand. It sucks but it is what it is. Until the rapper designed shoe becomes a proven cash cow, I think this is how it will be for Kanye or any non athlete who wants Adidas or Nike to back and produce their designs. 
What are you talking about? Michael Jackson had his own shoe with LA Gear, before all this "sneaker" b.s.. He was the first to have one with NIKE.

bruh, please dont be a prisoner of the moment.  adidas has NOTHING, i mean NOTHING to compete with Roshe Runs, Nike Free, Mercurials, Huaraches, Air Max 1s, Air Max 90s...list goes on.

i'm not sure why you guys are making this a nike vs adidas thing tho.  its okay to like both

he said "appealing"

i tried on a pair of boost the other day.  they are super comfy, just ugly af
No, he specifically wrote the word "compete'. And the Pure Boost IS a direct competitor to the Roshe Run (and completely obliterates it, but that's a different point of contention all together).

bruh, please dont be a prisoner of the moment.  adidas has NOTHING, i mean NOTHING to compete with Roshe Runs, Nike Free, Mercurials, Huaraches, Air Max 1s, Air Max 90s...list goes on.

i'm not sure why you guys are making this a nike vs adidas thing tho.  its okay to like both
No it's called getting the "bang for your buck" thing. Nikes been trash to their "retro" runners lately. Air max plus was poor quality, let's not talk about the shape and quality of AM 1's. Branch out bro, only success was the recent retro of the Huarache's. You pay for more less with Adidas with WAY better materials. Shoes that actually last and feel good.

No, he specifically wrote the word "compete'. And the Pure Boost IS a direct competitor to the Roshe Run (and completely obliterates it, but that's a different point of contention all together).
you quoted my two statements, not the quote of the guy i was responding to.

the guy i was responding to said this...

"Going forward I find Adidas catalog more appealing than nikes. That's strictly from a "something other than a basketball shoe" level right now"

he said that he finds adidas cat more appealing. so i was speaking from a visual aspect, boost aren't as appealing as roshe's, even if more comfortable

you quoted my two statements, not the quote of the guy i was responding to.

the guy i was responding to said this...

"Going forward I find Adidas catalog more appealing than nikes. That's strictly from a "something other than a basketball shoe" level right now"

he said that he finds adidas cat more appealing. so i was speaking from a visual aspect, boost aren't as appealing as roshe's, even if more comfortable
Oh crap!!! You're absolutely right; my apologies for the misunderstanding brother!

I don't think people would give Adidas any chance to expand on things to wear. Most just want the Kanye stuff and then bounce. If they were to give them a chance, it would of been done a while ago and not have kanye direct people to Adidas as if it was a brand not many heard of.

Yall can sleep on adidas, they have been dropping good stuff.

Discussing sneakers on a sneaker forum.. Who would have thunk it.
I hear you.... 
mean.gif

Going forward I find Adidas catalog more appealing than nikes. That's strictly from a "something other than a basketball shoe" level right now. I know I'm in the minority but I actually like what Adidas is doing with there other lines.. I mean...

View media item 1418860

biggest clown/troll statement in a few pages.

adidas retros >>> nike's trash they try to pass of as shoes. plus the new silhouettes that adi has been introducing... nike has nothing to compare.

Adidas and Kanye switched it up entirely and are making the appeal for higher-end, adult-oriented clothing and shoes. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not into Aunt Pearl KDs and Mirror Foambz or any of that stuff anymore. I've basically only been buying flyknits for the past three years. People are growing up, this is a good look for adidas

Adidas and Kanye switched it up entirely and are making the appeal for higher-end, adult-oriented clothing and shoes. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not into Aunt Pearl KDs and Mirror Foambz or any of that stuff anymore. I've basically only been buying flyknits for the past three years. People are growing up, this is a good look for adidas
I must admit I do appreciate the direction Kanye is going in. I agree.

This argument is silly, although it'll never end. At the end of the day, you're in an adidas thread, so they must be doing something right. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom