ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
the more i think about this, the more i can see adidas having egg on their face for giving as much creative control to kanye as they supposedly are.

nike might come out of this looking like heroes by putting out 2 HIGHLY successful models with him while curbing his input.

we are talking about kanye here. with all this FASHION week and FASHION show hoopla we may get a very strange and possibly ugly looking shoe that normal sneakerheads wont like or appreciate, especially if hes putting it on a runway...

Just think y-3 with a mix of margiela and that's what the yeezi will look like it.

Last edited:

the more i think about this, the more i can see adidas having egg on their face for giving as much creative control to kanye as they supposedly are.

nike might come out of this looking like heroes by putting out 2 HIGHLY successful models with him while curbing his input.

we are talking about kanye here. with all this FASHION week and FASHION show hoopla we may get a very strange and possibly ugly looking shoe that normal sneakerheads wont like or appreciate, especially if hes putting it on a runway...
at least half of the success of the first 2 yeezy's were on hype alone. I've heard and met from a lot of sneakerheads who thinks both yeezy look straight trash, but if they can pick it up for retail, they would. 

indifferent.gif
... care to enlighten us then?
It was him standing infront of yeezy with a low top sneaker in one hand, ROs in another and yeezy bout to sign the low tops, def wasn't a nike shoe

found a spot selling early pair reservations for $100... hint: Bill Bellamy

Did dude ever elaborate and explain the meaning behind this bull in the Yeezy II thread? Swear I searched Bill's whole IMBD that day looking for a crumb of a hint.

there is truth behind the reference, just like any given reference...

many NT'ers were def able to get a pair... nobody got played

at least half of the success of the first 2 yeezy's were on hype alone. I've heard and met from a lot of sneakerheads who thinks both yeezy look straight trash, but if they can pick it up for retail, they would. 
Duh :tongue:

Last edited:
my point is that I don't think Adidas will come out with an egg on their face if the shoe looks horrible, because Nike pretty much did the same thing. I can see Adidas catching heat if :
  • the app doesn't work properly with reservation, actual release, and purchasing.
  • Adidas produced in limited numbers
  • Adidas charging a hefty retail (which already seems like it)

Last edited:

my point is that I don't think Adidas will come out with an egg on their face if the shoe looks horrible, because Nike pretty much did the same thing. I can see Adidas catching heat if :
  • the app doesn't work properly with reservation, actual release, and purchasing.
i love the fact that these are soo hidden and so hard that it takes an app to get hype yet no one has seen them..

If they're produced in significant numbers they will go on sale. People want what they can't have so to speak...Difficulty in obtaining will serve Adidas well.

Last edited:

The crash will happen it's not avoidable really with the app

I mean the mail list sign up crashed today lol

Price was expected the Y3 line has that higher price tag so not shocked but although the tag is high the packaging is normally top notch as well for those who love them some nice boxes lol

The limited numbers is the catch here

Even if these are mass produced they are bottlenecking the release flow so the hype will last for a while

Which is technically bad but good marketing because each state with a "your in the zone" update will be blog worthy etc...

At this point I'm assuming it will be state to state drops

Followed by a regular online drop afterwards at a point

I don't care about #s just give me something that is aesthetically pleasing to my eyes and I will cop no matter if its on sale for $50 or $500.

If they're produced in significant numbers they will go on sale. People want what they can't have so to speak...Difficulty in obtaining will serve Adidas well.
but every adidas that I can remember, always go on sale somewhere. But with the way Yeezy 1 & 2 did, even with significant production numbers, these will not "sit" on shelves long enough to go on sale.

and I agree with @vampire xtc  

Last edited:
If they only sell them in major cities i can see them selling out.

It's when they ship to rural towns where people dgaf about kanye things go on sale or to outlets

La
Ny
Chi
Toronto
Paris
London
Berlin
Japan
Hk
Etc

Last edited:
Well if these look as good as yeezy2's.. and they make them general.. ia ctually wouldnt mind getting them.. because you know damn well im not paying 4k for any nike's..lol

Thats a cool *** motto

Because you dont need to pay 4k for some Nikes

but every adidas that I can remember, always go on sale somewhere. But with the way Yeezy 1 & 2 did, even with significant production numbers, these will not "sit" on shelves long enough to go on sale.

and I agree with @vampire xtc

Meh, we shall see. No Yeezy has ever released in significant numbers so that's a moot point to use them as a barometer. I don't have a horse in the race since I don't know what it looks like and that's the only thing that will let me know if Im interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom