ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your paint is chipping? Where? My PB's paint has yet to "chip." I've worn my TD's with sole protectors, and no paint chipping has occurred whatsoever.. Are the MR's just notorious with chipping? Haven't seen any 350 chip like the MR's have. I still haven't unds'd my MR's.

I've seen more comments about TDs chipping than anything...I think that is because most people have yet to break their MRs out and really wear them. The PBs seem to be less likely to chip going by the comments I've read. I've worn my 750s multiple times and they are fine....the midsoles don't seem to be painted so I guess that is why.

I've seen more comments about TDs chipping than anything...I think that is because most people have yet to break their MRs out and really wear them. The PBs seem to be less likely to chip going by the comments I've read. I've worn my 750s multiple times and they are fine....the midsoles don't seem to be painted so I guess that is why.
You're 100% right.. I don't understand why they wouldn't make the 350's rubber the color they wanted the sole to be.. Not only does it make the shoe value go up, but it's just overall better quality when they take the time to do that.. I saw a post somewhere with a guy posting his MR chipping and his paint was literally cracking from walking.. I don't understand why regular walking would cause this.

overweight can cause additional stress on the soles.

My TD's actually aren't chipped tho and I've worn them at least 30+ times already. 

My TD's actually aren't chipped tho and I've worn them at least 30+ times already. 

Unless you are morbidly obese, weight shouldn't be an excuse why a $200 shoe should start chipping from casual wear, I've spoke to multiple people about their TDs and you are the 2nd person I've seen who says they gave had no issues with their midsole. I find that troubling.

Unless you are morbidly obese, weight shouldn't be an excuse why a $200 shoe should start chipping from casual wear, I've spoke to multiple people about their TDs and you are the 2nd person I've seen who says they gave had no issues with their midsole. I find that troubling.
troubling that it's inconsistent or troubling that my pair might be fake?

troubling that it's inconsistent or troubling that my pair might be fake?

I'm not accusing you of having fake Yeezys if that is your question. I never thought, or even considered that. The fact such a praised shoe has such a major flaw is troubling.

you right......i notice a nice population of obese folks on nt that no matter what sneaker they wear they look like they aint gonna make it.

I'm not accusing you of having fake Yeezys if that is your question. I never thought, or even considered that. The fact such a praised shoe has such a major flaw is troubling.
I'll tell you what tho, the complaints has been inconsistent. My TD's didn't have any paint chips, just regular dirt scuffs from me rubbing on stuff (i.e. stairs and whatnot). My 750's also didn't have any problems with the soles nor the infamous broken zipper problem. I have yet to wear my MR's tho. 

Your paint is chipping? Where? My PB's paint has yet to "chip." I've worn my TD's with sole protectors, and no paint chipping has occurred whatsoever.. Are the MR's just notorious with chipping? Haven't seen any 350 chip like the MR's have. I still haven't unds'd my MR's.
I wanna say the MR's are more notorious for chipping. Mine were semi-chipped on the bottom of the sole when I received them DS.

it is sad that they developed the boost tech which had to take time to craft. because the sneakers are very comfy. but to just say **** the bottoms is corny.

I'll tell you what tho, the complaints has been inconsistent. My TD's didn't have any paint chips, just regular dirt scuffs from me rubbing on stuff (i.e. stairs and whatnot). My 750's also didn't have any problems with the soles nor the infamous broken zipper problem. I have yet to wear my MR's tho. 

I've yet to have problems with my zipper either. I haven't worn my MRs either and I'm not sure I want to keep them. I would think a shoe considered the "shoe of 2015" could get away with such a large defect.

its probably considered shoe of the year because of the hype and demographic that covets them so much...the hipster....i know i might be wrong but ive only seen the hipsters with them....have yet to see a regular person rock them

Last edited:
its probably considered shoe of the year because of the hype and demographic that covets them so much...the hipster....i know i might be wrong but ive only seen the hipsters with them....have yet to see a regular person rock them

I'm sure the hype plays a major part.

I'd like to consider myself pretty "regular". Haha. But yes definitely the HYPE made it the shoe of the year. I mean isn't that what makes a shoe, the shoe of the year? All hype. Either way, i'm for it. Haha.

I'm a regular person and I wear them.

i think theres a big misconception around chipping and cracking.

this is normal wear on my TD's SOLES ... 

note, i did scrub the heel plate to test jason markk... but you get the idea .. i can take pix in better lighting tonight when I get home 

Last edited:

i think theres a big misconception around chipping and cracking.

this is normal wear on my TD's SOLES ... 

note, i did scrub the heel plate to test jason markk... but you get the idea .. i can take pix in better lighting tonight when I get home 
Oh yeah , my MR soles are at the very beginning stages of that, they're not chipping then. There is a plus side to the MR's they kinda look like the paint underneath so it's kind of hard to tell IMO. The TD's it's glaringly obvious.

if that pic in your avy is yours then you sir are not a "regular" person....lol...j/k...i mean, to cop them pairs on top of yeezys is damn near impossible for the average joe.
Oh yeah I'm definitely in to kicks (those in the avy are mine) but I'm far from a hipster lol. Of course all of us who are into sneakers are not "normal" per se , but a lot of us are the opposite of hipsters. 

I definitely see what you mean though, I don't think any normal person who buys one pair of shoes a year and beats and repeats is into Yeezy's but I guess that's a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom