Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Lol, that’s a direct hand to hand sale? If you sell through StockX or Goat, what kinda profits are we really talking about?

A mass produced shoe where the steam on the hype train is dying, let’s be practical. In volume, if you hold and sell these for a loss or even retail after fees then that’s just a delayed L.

FEDC249C-A1A5-46B0-AC35-9349E8AF0DE4.jpeg

For All You Self Proclaimed Brokerage Experts...

If You Sell A Pair Of These For $260+ In The Next Year, It’d Be Considered An Average Investment. Anything More Than That Is Winning. :pimp:

Now Imagine Doing That In Volume...

By Some Of Ya’lls Measure Most Every Investor In The World Is “Nuts” :lol:

240 delivered

8% seller's fee (that's $20.80) on most apps (if you're fairly high volume)

Assuming that was cash, you lost 80 cents, not including inflation.

Waiting isn't a problem for me. Waiting on these particular shoes are b/c I honestly don't see em going over $320 in a year. I knew la2chi's would go up, I knew roty's would go up, fog 1's, clot 13's, etc. I knew they would go up. I just don't think that these shoes right here are worth it.

I brought the Clot 13's by accident and have been sitting on them since (creeping on a year now). That was worth the wait. Potentially spending thousands of dollar for a $200 profit A YEAR LATER is indeed "Nuts" to me.

Spending less than $1500 for a minimum $200 profit is pretty good actually if you understand investing. But again a couple thousand to you may be a lot but to me its peanuts. You have to look at it if its your own retail store, there is some risk involved but even worst case if i a break even at least i tried.

Also, these are Yeezys which will most likely always stay relevant, wtf is a clot 13 lol.

Lol, that’s a direct hand to hand sale? If you sell through StockX or Goat, what kinda profits are we really talking about?

A mass produced shoe where the steam on the hype train is dying, let’s be practical. In volume, if you hold and sell these for a loss or even retail after fees then that’s just a delayed L.
Who Said Anything About StockX Or Goat Tho? :lol:

I’m Pretty Certain This Shoe Will Sell For More Than $260 In The Next Year If Not Sooner Than That... I’d Be Willing To Put Money On That :nerd:

me reading y'all bring numbers in the equation:
giphy.gif

I'm good w/ words & history dawg. Math puts my adhd in full swing :lol:.

Who Said Anything About StockX Or Goat Tho? :lol:

I’m Pretty Certain This Shoe Will Sell For More Than $260 In The Next Year If Not Sooner Than That... I’d Be Willing To Put Money On That :nerd:

Depends on where you live wrt local markets, of course. Most of this city wouldn't know a YZY if it came up and kicked em in the head. No middleman can be good, but can be very bad.

Me? I live in NOLA. No way am I doing local sales. Hell, 3 folks were shot (1 killed) at an intersection I drove by just a half hour prior tonight. No way am I taking that chance. And eBay? Hell, I've taken videos of packing up the shoes, putting em in the box, and labeling them, and still gotten screwed on the bay's return policy.

For me, it's SX/GOAT or friends at this point (and I'm not gonna charge friends extra)...

Depends on where you live wrt local markets, of course. Most of this city wouldn't know a YZY if it came up and kicked em in the head. No middleman can be good, but can be very bad.

Me? I live in NOLA. No way am I doing local sales. Hell, 3 folks were shot (1 killed) at an intersection I drove by just a half hour prior tonight. No way am I taking that chance. And eBay? Hell, I've taken videos of packing up the shoes, putting em in the box, and labeling them, and still gotten screwed on the bay's return policy.

For me, it's SX/GOAT or friends at this point...

You Gotta Stop Viewing This From Your Little Fishbowl Lens Only Buddy...

Lots Of People Out Here That Don’t Face Those Same Hurdles As You, OR Choose To Overcome Them :wink:

Listen -- if folks are using cash, or $200 profits for 13-1400 investment after a year isn't holding you back, nothing at all wrong with it. I just feel like sometimes the opportunity cost of keeping thousands of dollars on the shelf loses more than it gains, given the returns and the land of credit these days. I'll admit -- I can afford it. It's not a big deal to me. Bigger issue is going through all the rigamarole on re-selling for negligible returns. I'm just a doctor who likes sneakers and kinda enjoys selling them sometimes. But I just want folks to not fall in holes that are difficult to get out of.

I think it’s more about the shoe he’s trying to invest in. You’re better off buying 4-5 pairs of something more limited/hyped at re-sale and sitting on them for a year vs buying 10-15 pairs of a GR shoe that’s gonna take forever to go up in price.

EU under US Retail. Always nice.
Good start to Yeezy weekend cause YS & ADC queue sucks. Happy Hunting to all.

tumblr_pb7b21bkLO1wzvt9qo1_500.gif

Listen -- if folks are using cash, or $200 profits for 13-1400 investment after a year isn't holding you back, nothing at all wrong with it. I just feel like sometimes the opportunity cost of keeping thousands of dollars on the shelf loses more than it gains, given the returns and the land of credit these days. I'll admit -- I can afford it. It's not a big deal to me. Bigger issue is going through all the rigamarole on re-selling for negligible returns. I'm just a doctor who likes sneakers and kinda enjoys selling them sometimes. But I just want folks to not fall in holes that are difficult to get out of.
You’re Missing The Point....

A So Called “Negligible” Investment That Returns At Bare Minimum 10% Over A Year Is Considered An “Average” Play In Today’s Market.

If You Seriously Don’t Believe These Will Be Worth $23.60 More In The Next Year, I’d Certainly Be Glad To Take You Up On That Bet...

In The End, What Is A Good Investment For Someone, Could Be Crippling For Another.

It Is What It Is

You’re Missing The Point....

A So Called “Negligible” Investment That Returns At Bare Minimum 10% Over A Year Is Considered An “Average” Play In Today’s Market.

If You Seriously Don’t Believe These Will Be Worth $23.60 More In The Next Year, I’d Certainly Be Glad To Take You Up On That Bet...

In The End, What Is A Good Investment For Someone, Could Be Crippling For Another.

It Is What It Is

Fair enough. I wasn't planning on this conversation lol. Love talking snkrs with folks. I just worry that there are some here who spend a lot and don't have the means to do so safely. I don't suspect you're one, as you've always given the impression you have a good customer base.

My summary comment will always be the same -- DON'T DO **** ON CREDIT.

Butters were selling for $350 on release day in bad sizes. I lost money on retail pairs five months later. People were buying up OG Zebras for 1k, swearing they’d rise above 2k. They went down. A reseller is entirely at the mercy of the sneaker companies. Adidas can re-release shoes tomorrow and all of your “investments” will plummet in value. There is risk to everything, otherwise everyone would be buying up pairs to hold.

We were talking about buying for retail btw. If you believe it will drop below retail then thats your opinion. Im good with 5+ pairs though ill take my chances.

Back
Top Bottom