Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
It's pretty clear to see what's going on.

What landed Adidas on top of Nike a few years ago was everything they are doing now. Smaller drops and quick sell outs. At that time, it worked. It was all new and fresh, the models, the colorways, etc etc. But they got away from that and started to go for those record setting profits. So they lost a lot of ppl's attention for a couple years during the long stretch of earth tone 350s/700s and now they are attempting to bring those ppl back in with new models and colorways. But I'm just over it all. I don't enjoy jumping through hoops for shoes.

Myself and Grizz were two of the only ppl majorly geeked for the qntm's on here wayyyyyyyyyyy before they released. And the second they dropped and were impossible to get, I was over em'. It's true tho, Adidas can't win for losing. Ppl complain when stuff is limited and when its not.

So they just need to pick a lane and stay in it. Stop flip flopping.

I come in peace, but this notion that adidas was ever “on top” of Nike just simply isn’t true. This has been debunked over and over again. I’m a fan of both brands and have no dog in that race, but numbers don’t lie. Adidas definitely closed the gap, but they never overtook the Swoosh in terms of numbers.

nah Adidas be just waiting for TS to get pissed with Nike and to jump ship.
I hope that never happens. Not the biggest TS fan(even though Ive seen him live twice haha), but I love the colab with Nike/Jordan.

I come in peace, but this notion that adidas was ever “on top” of Nike just simply isn’t true. This has been debunked over and over again. I’m a fan of both brands and have no dog in that race, but numbers don’t lie. Adidas definitely closed the gap, but they never overtook the Swoosh in terms of numbers.

Right, sheer numbers I'm sure Nike still holds the ball. But hype and influence were through the roof for adidas in 2016-2018. I specifically remember cats denouncing Nike at that time. The Boost babies were the WORST. lol

Fun Fact : Boost Babies still exist. They're just all Jordan 1 heads now.

Right, sheer numbers I'm sure Nike still holds the ball. But hype and influence were through the roof for adidas in 2016-2018. I specifically remember cats denouncing Nike at that time. The Boost babies were the WORST. lol

Fun Fact : Boost Babies still exist. They're just all Jordan 1 heads now.

Doesn't help that Adidas hasn't produced any other good sneaker with Boost in awhile. They had something great with the UB 1.0 but they moved on from that way too soon and kept doing other iterations of them too quickly.

I think that's Adidas issue, 80% of their sneakers they push for sales seem to be boost related. Boost is dope, but it's not the end all be all. With companies like Nike, you constantly see them pushing new technology and new ideas to the forefront. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. But you gotta respect them for changing the game as much as they can, when they can.

Adidas just seems like they're unsure of what to do next if isn't boost related.

That will never happen, he belongs with nike lol

yes..Old but let's just say nothing is to be held in permanence, especially in times like this. :wink:
travis-scott-adidas-yeezy-boost-750.jpg

I still remember the Ye show in NYC when they launched the OG 750s. The hype at that time was crazy. Adidas had the whole industry in their palms.

I think that's Adidas issue, 80% of their sneakers they push for sales seem to be boost related. Boost is dope, but it's not the end all be all. With companies like Nike, you constantly see them pushing new technology and new ideas to the forefront. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. But you gotta respect them for changing the game as much as they can, when they can.

Adidas just seems like they're unsure of what to do next if isn't boost related.

That's pretty much what I was trying to get at. They have access to this awesome Boost tech, but they don't put out enough good looking sneakers with them. You talk about Nike tech as if Adidas doesn't also have their own line of tech - 4D being one of the more recent ones. Problem is they can't seem to design sneakers that people seem to like or they can't market it well enough.

And regarding Boost, I'm just speaking for myself, it is by far the most comfortable cushion technology I've put on my feet.

That's pretty much what I was trying to get at. They have access to this awesome Boost tech, but they don't put out enough good looking sneakers with them. You talk about Nike tech as if Adidas doesn't also have their own line of tech - 4D being one of the more recent ones. Problem is they can't seem to design sneakers that people seem to like or they can't market it well enough.

And regarding Boost, I'm just speaking for myself, it is by far the most comfortable cushion technology I've put on my feet.

4D tech is something the whole industry is using, so to me, it doesn't feel like an Adidas only thing. I think most companies are shying away from using it because it's costly, and production time is a lot longer. Add to that, it's not beneficial to athletes or anyone for that matter. It's purely cosmetic. Nike often pushes not only the cosmetic envelope, but also the science and engineering envelope.

It's hard to market a $400 runner that isn't really good for running. lol

Nike innovates but are having a hard time making something that can completely push boost out of the way in terms of comfort. They also spend a lot pushing their boost alternatives only to end up abandoning them in a year. React is cool but limited compared to boost. Nike stays more relevant with collabs. Other than that retros and name recognition is getting it done

While adidas is great they just suck at design. They can churn out something dope but have to sell tons to feel like they are making headway. Boost is comfortable and can be put in almost anything if it’s tooled right. At this point Ye is keeping their hype alive. My thing is If both brands are winning from having great shoes over the years(Nike more than adidas) but is both had just 1 designer on Tinkers level this debate could be awesome.

Last edited:
4D tech is something the whole industry is using, so to me, it doesn't feel like an Adidas only thing. I think most companies are shying away from using it because it's costly, and production time is a lot longer. Add to that, it's not beneficial to athletes or anyone for that matter. It's purely cosmetic. Nike often pushes not only the cosmetic envelope, but also the science and engineering envelope.

It's hard to market a $400 runner that isn't really good for running. lol

Which other company is using 4D in their sneakers? I thought Adidas obtained the exclusive rights.
And what's Nike's latest tech that pushes the "cosmetic envelope" and "science and engineering envelope"? The only two "new" Nike tech I can think off the top of my head are Joyride and React - and Joyride has already been done before.

Nike innovates but are having a hard time making something that can completely push boost out of the way in terms of comfort. They also spend a lot pushing their boost alternatives only to end up abandoning them in a year. React is cool but limited compared to boost. Nike stays more relevant with collabs.

While adidas is great they just suck at design. They can churn out something dope but have to sell tons to feel like they are making headway. Boost is comfortable and can be put in almost anything if it’s tooled right. At this point Ye is keeping their hype alive. My thing is If both brands are winning from having great shoes over the years(Nike more than adidas) but is both had just 1 designer on Tinkers level this debate could be awesome.

I agree with your point about adidas' designs. For whatever reason they just can't seem to design something that looks great - but maybe that's because I'm viewing it from a "hypebeast" sneakerhead perspective.

Need to remember to post up my thoughts on this adc and Nike debate when I’m not on mobile. In the meantime, got my adc shipping notification earlier this morning. Should be here in a week apparently

Both YS and ADC shipped. ADC at 9:43am and YS at 1:50pm est. Happy Easter to those guys...

Which other company is using 4D in their sneakers? I thought Adidas obtained the exclusive rights.
And what's Nike's latest tech that pushes the "cosmetic envelope" and "science and engineering envelope"? The only two "new" Nike tech I can think off the top of my head are Joyride and React - and Joyride has already been done before.

but when Nike makes a premium running shoe they make something with purpose (ex. Vapor Next%) adidas had a game changer with 4D but they fumbled its release, badly.

but when Nike makes a premium running shoe they make something with purpose (ex. Vapor Next%) adidas had a game changer with 4D but they fumbled its release, badly.

Yep, they really messed up with 4D. At the time 4D was coming around for them they had both the Ultraboost/Yeezy hype going for em...

I'm not sure what happened but I wanna say there was legal issues between Adidas and the company that produced the technology for them at the time?

Obviously it worked out because they've come out with stuff but the late-roll out/pricing of the product just made it hard for Adidas to market it to the general public.

EDIT: They also goof'd up on the whole "SPEEDFACTORY" thing

I agree with your point about adidas' designs. For whatever reason they just can't seem to design something that looks great - but maybe that's because I'm viewing it from a "hypebeast" sneakerhead perspective.
It's not even so much a hypebeast viewpoint.

Like thinking back over all the shoes Adidas has released there aren't many I would consider....classics.

It's not even so much a hypebeast viewpoint.

Like thinking back over all the shoes Adidas has released there aren't many I would consider....classics.

Never had great designers. If you subtract 1 designer from Nike imagine who would have won. I would say if u subtract boost related/era shoes from adidas, Reebok would have more classics over adidas

Never had great designers. If you subtract 1 designer from Nike imagine who would have won. I would say if u subtract boost related/era shoes from adidas, Reebok would have more classics over adidas
Yeah that sounds fair regarding Reebok having more classics.

I mean before Boost. Adidas had....Superstars, Stan Smiths, and the bad Kobe shoes.

Back
Top Bottom