Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
the inikis make sense for him because they are generally liked and won't dilute his brand. i think he is batsh*t nuts but he's important culturally and has repeatedly reinvented things (like the 500 vs triple s or other ugly dad shoes) or invented things so you kind of have to give it to him.

I wonder if at this point Adidas would like it more if Kanye wore random Adidas rather than his own sneakers. Because right now the hype and interest seems to be only centered around his own product.

They would probably prefer he wear a Prophere, Kamanda or Deerupt. Because no matter how much they've tried to hype them up there's no real interest.

Hype isn’t what Adidas is shooting for in those models. It’s sales/ pushing large volume of units.The average price of a men’s shoe in the US is roughly $70 (and outward from there, both higher and lower price points). Adi wants to increase share at that target since the volumes there is what drives profit. Kanye’s shoes aren’t commercial enough, meaning they don’t impact the P&L significantly as do other models.

What companies do is say if you want those top models (Yeezy, ultraboost, NMD) you have to also carry/sell the enough of the other range of products. They’re going after shelf space, and stuffing that channel with products. I’ve been surprised at how much adidas has expanded shelf space in basically every retailer such as Footlocker, Finishline, Dicks, etc. just a few years ago, Adidas had such a small display of models.

Taking that into account, you’d be surprised how many people walk into a store and just buy at a price point, or what’s on the shelf. They have no interest in spending $150, $180: +$200 on a pair. They look then buy the sneaker four rows away at $79.99.

The people on these boards you, me, others are really in the minority. We don’t make up enough of the target buyers Adidas is going after.

that's a fair point and it's true, FL has probably more than doubled adidas shelf space in the span of 2 years - the 34th street flagship has an adidas room as big as the nike one now. but waking through nyc every day i still only see yeezys, nmds or ultraboost. i would venture the average person who might buy at famous footwear will go for nike due to more ubiquity

Wear what you like

Attachments

• 6D6AA11F-DA25-4CC8-BBEA-9ED94E4147B9.jpeg
    6D6AA11F-DA25-4CC8-BBEA-9ED94E4147B9.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 60
the inikis make sense for him because they are generally liked and won't dilute his brand. i think he is batsh*t nuts but he's important culturally and has repeatedly reinvented things (like the 500 vs triple s or other ugly dad shoes) or invented things so you kind of have to give it to him.

Yeah, definitely. And something that gets lost I think is the fact that as he gets older,, obviously he ain't wildin like he used to and that's evident in his personal style. And yet, kids and adults still mimic dude's style (sometimes unknowlingly). Socks tucked in,, dad shoes on dad shoes on dad shoes,, the list goes on..

As much as I crap on some of his recent fits,,, he ain't going back to 2011-2013 MBDTF WTT Cruel Summer Ye. So I gotta appreciate his more cozy fits.

Personally like Inikis

I don’t like Kayne’s recent music but he used that as the starting point. I remember he drew out an organization maybe named afte his mother? He’s basically an entrepreneur expanding out and he needs infrastructure to do so. Plenty of people who are thought to be crazy are geniuses...and some are well just crazy.

I’ve posted this before, but I think he’s pulling off building long running brand around himself and his family. Similar to Jordan and an elite athlete. He’s an elite musical talent leveraging social media....curious where all this goes 5, 10 years from now.

Last edited:
there's no selling point to them. not comfort or design. hype helps but people won't buy crap unless its at least interesting or comfortable crap. there's nothing good to be said about the prophere or deerupt

It doesn't have to be

Kanye created hype for Hyperfuse Air Max. Hyperfuse Nike's have always been looked down upon int he sneaker community, just like plus models and flyknit creations in the sneaker world.

How much are Hyperfuse Air Max red and blue going for now?

If Kanye wore them I guarantee you suddenly people would like the Prophere and Deerupt.

Hype isn’t what Adidas is shooting for in those models. It’s sales/ pushing large volume of units.The average price of a men’s shoe in the US is roughly $70 (and outward from there, both higher and lower price points). Adi wants to increase share at that target since the volumes there is what drives profit. Kanye’s shoes aren’t commercial enough, meaning they don’t impact the P&L significantly as do other models.

What companies do is say if you want those top models (Yeezy, ultraboost, NMD) you have to also carry/sell the enough of the other range of products. They’re going after shelf space, and stuffing that channel with products. I’ve been surprised at how much adidas has expanded shelf space in basically every retailer such as Footlocker, Finishline, Dicks, etc. just a few years ago, Adidas had such a small display of models.

Taking that into account, you’d be surprised how many people walk into a store and just buy at a price point, or what’s on the shelf. They have no interest in spending $150, $180: +$200 on a pair. They look then buy the sneaker four rows away at $79.99.

The people on these boards you, me, others are really in the minority. We don’t make up enough of the target buyers Adidas is going after.

Hype from the sneaker community trickles down

Look at the all the non sneaker people who started buying NMD's and Ultraboost

Social media has changed things.

Spot on.

Some people think low resell on Yeezys means they’re “dead” but Adidas goal isn’t to just be cool to resellers and hypebeasts.

There is a plan for YEEZY STORES and stores need to be able to sell products 24/7.

I bought and tried them on/wore them. I wouldn’t rate the comfort above a V2 or ultraboost. They’re not an uncomfortable shoe by any stretch. I have 700s coming in and can compare those after wearing that model.

The pic above showing the side is one of the better images I’ve seen. Theses just aren’t for me. Glad that resale is low and everyone that wants them can buy them at a reasonable price.

I’ve Got All The Models Mentioned And Just In Trying These On I Can Say 500 > ......

The 9.5 I Received First From ADC Is Slightly Too Small So Still Waiting On My TTS 10 To Show Up Today To Confirm My Opinion. :wink:

Everyone’s Foot And Tastes Are Different Tho

Spot on.

Some people think low resell on Yeezys means they’re “dead” but Adidas goal isn’t to just be cool to resellers and hypebeasts.

There is a plan for YEEZY STORES and stores need to be able to sell products 24/7.
great points. it's funny jay z has a ton of money and i am sure he is perfectly happy but wonder how he feels that he has neither the products nor relevance of ye. kanye is letterman, jay is leno.

People are convincing themselves these are cool and if you don’t like them then you have a limited view of fashion. The shoes are universally ugly and everyone knows it. No need to force yourself to like something because its made by Kanye. Every brand makes something that you typically don’t find attractive and you pass on it, a new yeezy comes out and its “Well these are growing on me.” Really? That mindset is weak.

People are convincing themselves these are cool and if you don’t like them then you have a limited view of fashion. The shoes are universally ugly and everyone knows it. No need to force yourself to like something because its made by Kanye. Every brand makes something that you typically don’t find attractive and you pass on it, a new yeezy comes out and its “Well these are growing on me.” Really? That mindset is weak.
I agree with you that "these are growing on me" is a weak mindset

Either you like something or don't. If something grows on you it's likely because of the influence of other people

When I said people had a limited view on fashion I specifically meant in regards to how they could be worn. Someone I believe was saying how these could only work with sweats. I believe these could work with slim jeans, sweats, shorts, baggy jeans, etc. it al depends on how you can pull them off as an individual

As far as the shoes being universally ugly. I disagree. They're pretty damn beautiful especially on feet.

Lmao, people can’t like things? People can’t have different taste?

If the shoes didn’t sell out AND people weren’t wearing them, then maybe YOUR opinion might have some value. Trying to force the idea that they’re ugly is no different than your premise of people forcing themselves to like them.

Lmao, people can’t like things? People can’t have different taste?

If the shoes didn’t sell out AND people weren’t wearing them, then maybe YOUR opinion might have some value. Trying to force the idea that they’re ugly is no different than your premise of people forcing themselves to like them.

God has blessed NT with his words of wisdom. Literally

Reactions: God
Back
Top Bottom