Votes: 268 21.4%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
tried to check out...got a ghost charge on my CC and then hit with the "items had to be removed from your bag"
Not trying any more don't need 8 ghost charges on my card

I can cart no problem but it wont let me checkout. Anyone in the same boat?

I tried with paypal and credit card and gave up, because I didn't want to get a bunch of charges and banned. I have all of those anyway. I was just thinking about going a whole size up.

It's different

In the early Jordan's weren't even thought of with prestige like that. They were another sneaker. Nobody knew how to react to them. There were other sneakers that cost more than Jordan's. For example Adidas Forum's cost $100.

Exclusivity today is buying sneakers that everyone else has, but other people want. If you go to a sneaker con now you are seeing a bunch of Yeezy's and Off White.

Exclusivity in the past was buying anything you wanted that you liked. If you had a sneaker con ten years ago you would have seen sneakers 10-20 years old. Hardly anyone would have the same sneaker. That's what made you a sneaker head

Now you can buy your way in to being a sneaker head. Just buy some Yeezy's, Travis Scott and Off White and you're a sneakerhead. You don't have to know any history. You don't have to have anything older than two years. You just have to have "heat".
Your referring to like the first year Jordans came out. My first recollection of Jordans was when a neighborhood dude had on Jordan 2s and I was in awe (1987). My second is my godmother buying me Fire red 3s -1988- when they came out in the 3rd grade, and all my classmates going crazy because i had JORDANS.

When you say Exclusivity is buying shoes that everyone else has, but others want and that Sneakercons are full of people with the same sneakers. You have to remember that Sneakercons is a place where sneakerheads/hypebeasts/resellers congregate so thats normal for them to have similar shoes.

10-15yrs ago you would see the same thing you see now. I attended Dunk exchanges and similar events in the early 2000s and SBs were king. 20yrs ago you would see more diversity yes, because the internet didnt factor in as much and Jordans would be the most popular shoes. All we had in the 90s was Eastbay and word of mouth.

You mentioned Sneakerheads and Absolutely we buy what we like ultimately. And as with any other collection based hobby rare/limited items are coveted. But not everyone on this board or at a sneakercon is a sneakerhead. And back in the day if you liked having "fresh" kicks it didnt mean you were a "sneakerhead".

I keep getting this... I just gave up after a few tries. Waste of 30 min. L for my Monday.

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 6.45.24 AM.png

The internet ruined a lot TBH lol. For example, I remember when you would have to pay extra for a pair of Jordans to get them early or after they sold out... cost for a 125 dollar pair? 175 ...now its rent money :lol:

Your referring to like the first year Jordans came out. My first recollection of Jordans was when a neighborhood dude had on Jordan 2s and I was in awe (1987). My second is my godmother buying me Fire red 3s -1988- when they came out in the 3rd grade, and all my classmates going crazy because i had JORDANS.

When you say Exclusivity is buying shoes that everyone else has, but others want and that Sneakercons are full of people with the same sneakers. You have to remember that Sneakercons is a place where sneakerheads/hypebeasts/resellers congregate so thats normal for them to have similar shoes.

10-15yrs ago you would see the same thing you see now. I attended Dunk exchanges and similar events in the early 2000s and SBs were king. 20yrs ago you would see more diversity yes, because the internet didnt factor in as much and Jordans would be the most popular shoes. All we had in the 90s was Eastbay and word of mouth.

You mentioned Sneakerheads and Absolutely we buy what we like ultimately. And as with any other collection based hobby rare/limited items are coveted. But not everyone on this board or at a sneakercon is a sneakerhead. And back in the day if you liked having "fresh" kicks it didnt mean you were a "sneakerhead".

Jordan's were just another sneaker, and you could have turned heads with anything new. Jordan's didn't have prestige that they have now back then in the early days. Jordan didn't have a legacy, he wasn't even a champ until the VI. People had the same reaction of Bo Jackson's. I had people asking me about Lotto's and British Knight's. I was one of if not the first person in my school with British Knights. It was a totally different era, especially in New York. That's why when they retroed the Jordan I and 3 they weren't received well.

And a Dunk exchange is for Dunks. And SB's were a niche crowd and was built on hype. That wasn't the norm.

An actual Sneakercon would have been totally different. It would have been what was rare and old. Just like on this Forum the retro thread has gone through phases. Now it's just the Air Max forum, because Nike added hype to Air Max's with Air Max Day.

So no, today wasn't comparable to yesterday.

Because today people don't mind being one of 50 people wearing Yebras at a sneakercon.

You guys think those "successful" orders will actually go through? That would be crazy if they did.

Hey can anyone help with two sizing questions? Do the yeezy season 6 500 boots run tts? And also do grey powerphases run tts? Thanks in advance brothers

I got charges for the hu's but im sure they will cancel for $125 lol I got like 8 charges for the yeezy's which more than likely will never work.

Info banned? I got a bunch of pending ghost charges, is it going to hurt me for future releases?

it could possibly. Because they're all ghost charges and you spamming Submit Payment, and eventually adidas payment system is gonna flag your account and your info for the "spam" and ban any future orders with that info. You won't be able to order anything from adidas for a while, not shoes, not clothes, not socks, not toilet paper. I'm speaking from experience and experiences many people in here had.

it could possibly. Because they're all ghost charges and you spamming Submit Payment, and eventually adidas payment system is gonna flag your account and your info for the "spam" and ban any future orders with that info. You won't be able to order anything from adidas for a while, not shoes, not clothes, not socks, not toilet paper. I'm speaking from experience and experiences many people in here had.
Are you still not able to order anything from Adidas?

Back
Top Bottom