Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
So, don't pay resell but buy foot fungus? I don't follow. Rather go the other way around.
yeah the problem Is that you are just perpetuating the reseller hype cycle - have fun ever trying to beat a bot on future drops. Until the community stand up collectively against resellers and bots nothing will change. It starts with us. And this isn't a science fiction movie - a used shoe is not going to hurt you fam

yeah the problem Is that you are just perpetuating the reseller hype cycle - have fun ever trying to beat a bot on future drops. Until the community stand up collectively against resellers and bots nothing will change. It starts with us. And this isn't a science fiction movie - a used shoe is not going to hurt you fam

I'm not saying it'll hurt you. I agree that we have to stop the reseller/hype thing but I don't think it's going anywhere. I think you'd be better off buying your shoe new through resell versus buying your shoe used through resell. Resell is resell.

I wholeheartedly disagree brosef. But we're just tossing around opinions... so it's not a big deal.

I simply have no interest in having a collection of consolation prizes because I'm supposed to be taking a stand against reselling. Reselling is an organic evolution of anything that has value in society. Biden changing the taxes law might help... but not me waiting around to buy stuff I don't really want because I'm supposedly taking a stand.

2-3 pairs that I don't really want add up to the pair I super want. It's the same money imho - the end result is just greater appreciation for what I've purchased.

Good luck to those with a protest mindset, though. And nalls, I don't care or believe they were only "worn twice" or however that goes... they are used.

Lastly, bots are beaten every release. There are both increasingly more consumers looking to buy each drop as well as bots, there is no way for us to know the difference or the ratio. It's just easier for us to assume that's the case. With the number/frequency of drops we get these days, there are just not enough pairs being produced to meet demand.

Cheers.

I wholeheartedly disagree brosef. But we're just tossing around opinions... so it's not a big deal.

I simply have no interest in having a collection of consolation prizes because I'm supposed to be taking a stand against reselling. Reselling is an organic evolution of anything that has value in society. Biden changing the taxes law might help... but not me waiting around to buy stuff I don't really want because I'm supposedly taking a stand.

2-3 pairs that I don't really want add up to the pair I super want. It's the same money imho - the end result is just greater appreciation for what I've purchased.

Good luck to those with a protest mindset, though. And nalls, I don't care or believe they were only "worn twice" or however that goes... they are used.

Lastly, bots are beaten every release. There are both increasingly more consumers looking to buy each drop as well as bots, there is no way for us to know the difference or the ratio. It's just easier for us to assume that's the case. With the number/frequency of drops we get these days, there are just not enough pairs being produced to meet demand.

Cheers.

The problem with what you’re saying is that the market for bots exists because not enough pairs are produced AND many online retailers aren’t doing enough to stop them from carting over manual users. It’s a multiple issue problem and adds up to the perfect storm of manual users by far being less advantaged compared to users who use bots. This is nothing new, obviously, but it’s more pronounced nowadays since the online sneaker resell market has exploded with the pandemic keeping people at home, etc.

Not paying above retail for a used pair of popular shoes I need to clean and sanitize. That market is not for me....
I agree with you for the most part. I can't get into wearing other people's shoes since you never know what the heck they stepped in or how much they sweat into it. I've only bought two pairs of used shoes in my life and both were from friends. One was a pair of undefeated kobes for pretty much near retail and 9/10 condition and the other was red stripe yeezys worn once for 550.

Don't get me wrong though, people can save a ton of money by going the used route instead of brand new. And from a logical standpoint, the person buying would be wearing them anyway so it's just slightly broken in and possibly saved a couple hundred bucks.

The problem with what you’re saying is that the market for bots exists because not enough pairs are produced AND many online retailers aren’t doing enough to stop them from carting over manual users. It’s a multiple issue problem and adds up to the perfect storm of manual users by far being less advantaged compared to users who use bots. This is nothing new, obviously, but it’s more pronounced nowadays since the online sneaker resell market has exploded with the pandemic keeping people at home, etc.

Agreed. I am probably most disgusted with foot stores. I appreciate some of the anti-bot we have seen in the last year, though... like the Union 4 drop and others that have at least added the question before carting.

I agree with you for the most part. I can't get into wearing other people's shoes since you never know what the heck they stepped in or how much they sweat into it. I've only bought two pairs of used shoes in my life and both were from friends. One was a pair of undefeated kobes for pretty much near retail and 9/10 condition and the other was red stripe yeezys worn once for 550.

Don't get me wrong though, people can save a ton of money by going the used route instead of brand new. And from a logical standpoint, the person buying would be wearing them anyway so it's just slightly broken in and possibly saved a couple hundred bucks.

Agreed. There is a spectrum for everything.

Resell is resell but if you can save a couple hundred, why not. Cleaning/sanitizing is easy!

Not paying above retail for a used pair of popular shoes I need to clean and sanitize. That market is not for me....

You guys might not care about this but, given how bad climate change is rn, buying used clothing/shoes also really helps the environment.

Buying used ain’t that bad if you get a shoe you can put in the washing machine. I run my used shoes through two washes and change the insole with a hefelux. Jordan 3s with boost :emoji_grin:

Buying used ain’t that bad if you get a shoe you can put in the washing machine. I run my used shoes through two washes and change the insole with a hefelux. Jordan 3s with boost :emoji_grin:
The shoes I buy aren't really ideal in the wash though. Would imagine J's in the wash aren't a very good idea with the leather.

Kyanite from sns came.
268A2E68-4F60-4824-9B6F-4AC0A4E362F1.jpeg

I mean back when I was in my teens I would buy gently used shoes to save money. But I'm grown now. Haven't bought a used pair in years.

Retail or bust. If I miss on to the next.
I used to think that but when u fkkin with yeezy nowadays it’s hard to pass. I just bought my first 700 v2 cream. V3 kyanite both resell and I’m glad I did before prices just jumped. Cause the joints crazy on feet I’m a new fan of 700 . Now I gotta find me a 500 super moon and salt

Sns raffle pair delivered. I don’t care how they look as I plan to use them around the house or for pre and post basketball due to the perceived comfort. With that said, I put them on to confirm sizing and I think they actually look better on feet than expected 😂

Attachments

• 417A4C65-FCDD-4D17-80BA-40A60913474D.jpeg
    417A4C65-FCDD-4D17-80BA-40A60913474D.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom