Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
I don’t think it’s just new tech though, Nike/JB have been resting on their laurels because of what you pointed out-people want to buy retro product (not just Js-Air Max, Dunks, etc. etc.), so they pump it out by the truckload, in terms of annual releases.

In fact, even when they have innovated, i.e. with Adapt, etc. they half-a** it and throw in the towel before actually putting out groundbreaking designs because they can print money with selling more retro product. The same thing happened with React, which is better tech than Boost, in some ways. Ironically, Adidas (not including Yeezy) has the opposite problem where they latch onto popular new ideas for too long and drive them into the ground (I.e. NMD R1s, UBs, etc.). Yeezy seems to strike a good balance, in that way.
Nike and JB release a ton of kicks beside retroes. You just don't care.

When they released React or ZoomX, how many people rushed to go buy it? Are you going to go buy the Lebron 19 to feel what it feels like on foot or would you rather have a 35 year old tech on your foot?

Same thing with New Balance, are people rushing to buy Kawhi's or New Balance 550's?

Are people buying Ultraboost 2021's or Stan Smith's and Yeezy 350's.

I mean Nike is definitely trying, I just don’t think they’ve been having any success, hence people not caring and not buying.
The only reason Adidas is having success, is because they can throw Kanye's name on anything no matter how ugly it looks and a segment of the population will be impressed by it and convince themselves that **** smells like roses.

Nike and JB release a ton of kicks beside retroes. You just don't care.

When they released React or ZoomX, how many people rushed to go buy it? Are you going to go buy the Lebron 19 to feel what it feels like on foot or would you rather have a 35 year old tech on your foot?

Same thing with New Balance, are people rushing to buy Kawhi's or New Balance 550's?

Are people buying Ultraboost 2021's or Stan Smith's and Yeezy 350's.
The only reason Adidas is having success, is because they can throw Kanye's name on anything no matter how ugly it looks and a segment of the population will be impressed by it and convince themselves that **** smells like roses.
Ironically, you’ve just proved my point-Yeezy is able to move new models and keep people interested in them meanwhile, Nike/JB and even Adidas are simply not able to do so. I can’t think of a single new Nike/JB or non-Yeezy Adidas model that was released after the 350 V2s that carry anywhere near the same attention that the 350 V2s have. Hell, I’d say the same thing about 700s and even Foamrunners as well. Nike/JB and Adidas are basically dinosaur brands in that way, Yeezy actually pushes boundaries in terms of design and taking risks (and not all of these risks pay off either but the ones that do seem to resonate deeply).

Ironically, you’ve just proved my point-Yeezy is able to move new models and keep people interested in them meanwhile, Nike/JB and even Adidas are simply not able to do so. I can’t think of a single new Nike/JB or non-Yeezy Adidas model that was released after the 350 V2s that carry anywhere near the same attention that the 350 V2s have. Hell, I’d say the same thing about 700s and even Foamrunners as well. Nike/JB and Adidas are basically dinosaur brands in that way, Yeezy actually pushes boundaries in terms of design and taking risks (and not all of these risks pay off either but the ones that do seem to resonate deeply).
They aren't dinosaur brands, because they still release new product. It's not their fault you and others don't value it. They have to produce a balance and cater to what is in demand and sells. If McDonald's notices Big Mac's sell more than Filet O Fish are they going to keep producing them in the same quantities?

Is Nike released those ugly *** homer simpson or caveman boots who would want them? They'll be treated just like Nike's ISPA series that people don't pay attention too. You look at Nike Offline's as something different or do you not care? You going to buy it because it's different? Do you give Nike credit for that or do you not care, and keep talking about 30 year old models?

B6301E4D-13BC-4C37-AE58-20A24AC63A93.jpeg

same fit different kicks

in line for a rapid test…

It's not their fault you and others don't value it.
Well their job is to design, market, and sell shoes. If consumers don't value what they create, it kind of is their fault somewhere along the way.

Of course Yeezy's name carries a lot of weight, but why is that? Drake is arguably a bigger star, why can't Nike make Nocta into Yeezy? IMO it's because Kanye and his Yeezy team are currently playing the design, market, and sell game better than any other brand right now.

Well their job is to design, market, and sell shoes. If consumers don't value what they create, it kind of is their fault somewhere along the way.

Of course Yeezy's name carries a lot of weight, but why is that? Drake is arguably a bigger star, why can't Nike make Nocta into Yeezy? IMO it's because Kanye and his Yeezy team are currently playing the design, market, and sell game better than any other brand right now.

What marketing does Yeezy do? Occasionally wear his own product or give it to his ex to show on IG?

Does fnl & jd only send ea if you have shopped over a certain ammount @ stores that get these types of releases?

They aren't dinosaur brands, because they still release new product. It's not their fault you and others don't value it. They have to produce a balance and cater to what is in demand and sells. If McDonald's notices Big Mac's sell more than Filet O Fish are they going to keep producing them in the same quantities?

Is Nike released those ugly *** homer simpson or caveman boots who would want them? They'll be treated just like Nike's ISPA series that people don't pay attention too. You look at Nike Offline's as something different or do you not care? You going to buy it because it's different? Do you give Nike credit for that or do you not care, and keep talking about 30 year old models?
Lol dude you and I are saying the same thing, this isn’t even an argument I am making. Retro product is selling, which is why I’m saying that they are resting on their laurels instead of taking risks and investing in designing new products that people are actually interested in. They are putting sales over innovation, which makes sense from a business perspective but not from a customer perspective for ppl who want new models (that push boundaries and design), as you mentioned. Look no further than the Air Max line as a prime example of that. Yeezy is doing this presently but Nike/JB and Adidas, to a lesser extent, are not.

Lol dude you and I are saying the same thing, this isn’t even an argument I am making. Retro product is selling, which is why I’m saying that they are resting in their laurels instead of taking risks and investing in designing new products that people are actually interested in. They are putting sales over innovation, which makes sense from a business perspective but not from a customer perspective for ppl who want new models (that push boundaries and design), as you mentioned. Look no further than the Air Max line as a prime example of that. Yeezy is doing this presently but Nike/JB and Adidas, to a lesser extent, are not.

We aren't saying the same thing, because they are still innovating. YOU just don't care about it.

I do, I buy new tech. I buy the newest basketball sneaker.

Yeezy isn't doing anything different. They make minor changes to the 350, slap different colorways on a 700 and introduce a new product once or twice a year. How is that any different than Nike? They removed a damn back tab or add some 3M. A slide is something innovative?

We aren't saying the same thing, because they are still innovating. YOU just don't care about it.

I do, I buy new tech. I buy the newest basketball sneaker.

Yeezy isn't doing anything different. They make minor changes to the 350, slap different colorways on a 700 and introduce a new product once or twice a year. How is that any different than Nike? They removed a damn back tab or add some 3M. A slide is something innovative?

You really going to say Foamrunners made out of algae aren’t innovative?

Also, nothing Nike has done aside from Adapt has been innovative. Their performance basketball line has been struggling in sales for years and they still rely on Zoom cushioning from the 90s. Not giving Adidas a pass on this either since they’ve flooded the market with Boost model after Boost model and driven popular silhouettes like NMD R1 and UBs into the ground. Even as innovative as 4D was, they essentially did the same thing there.

To your issue with my opinion, I simply ask you this-what was the last model that Nike and especially JB released that still resonates with people today? What about Adidas? Newer Yeezys like Foamrunners and even 700 V3s seem to really resonate with people on a cultural level, in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom