Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
I wonder if Germans thought this way with the swastika back when hitler started his reign of terror. I'm not saying its the same as still rocking yeezys. I'm just wondering if they were confused whether it was still ok to wear even tho there was negative connotation behind it LMAO. I guess its kinda like how there's Americans that still rock the confederate flag. Again don't flame me saying it's not the same I know that the swastika and confederate flag have a much darker history.

Some people have morals, respect and don't wear or support things if it goes against their beliefs or if they're offended by things done by or to them.

No matter how much they like the product or goods.

But then there's others that don't care and will make excuses to themselves so that they can still use or partake in whatever product or goods that they like.

Doesn't make them right or wrong, it makes them human.

1666994467712.gif

1666994505847.png

1666994565146.jpeg

1666994807445.jpeg
These are good examples of separating art from the artist.

I wonder if Germans thought this way with the swastika back when hitler started his reign of terror. I'm not saying its the same as still rocking yeezys. I'm just wondering if they were confused whether it was still ok to wear even tho there was negative connotation behind it LMAO. I guess its kinda like how there's Americans that still rock the confederate flag. Again don't flame me saying it's not the same I know that the swastika and confederate flag have a much darker history.

Not in the same

1666995521442.jpeg

Harvey yes, NFL no.
Why? NFL teams blacklisting a quarterback that at the time was better than half of the current QBs in the league because he stood up (or rather knelt down) for systematic black oppression not enough to make the NFL look bad? Again not talking about the severity of it (which you clearly didn't get in my other post) but it's about liking something even tho there's clouded morals looming over it.

Kind of weird. The day after Kanye got dropped by everybody, I did notice on my campus that I didn't see many Yeezys on students feet that day (and A LOT of them wear Yeezys regularly). But I don't think it was as some show of solidarity against Kanye. I think because it's a college campus, they was afraid of getting rolled up on by some organization, and lectured for "wearing a symbol of hate"

The next day it was back to usual, once they felt comfortable being outside wearing their 350s and slides, and all other models. This is black kids, asian kids, white kids.

They young, but it's basically understood that wearing your Yeezys that you worked for a month at walmart to afford, or that your parents got you as a birthday gift does not constitute standing with Kanye. It means you not throwing away a $300 shoe

Why? NFL teams blacklisting a quarterback that at the time was better than half of the current QBs in the league because he stood up (or rather knelt down) for systematic black oppression not enough to make the NFL look bad? Again not talking about the severity of it (which you clearly didn't get in my other post) but it's about liking something even tho there's clouded morals looming over it.

You clearly didn't get separating the art portion of my post because the NFL was a very bad example and not a good one.

As you stated it was a good example.

The NFL as an entire entity showed how they felt about Black people and Black peoples issues.

Continuing to watch and support the NFL during and after that isn't separating the art. It's turning the other cheek and ignoring how the NFL feels and the statement that they made so that one can continue enjoying watching football.

And your post about German's wearing hitler's logo was too foolish of a comparison for anyone with blood running through the brain to take seriously.

No offense.

Some people have morals, respect and don't wear or support things if it goes against their beliefs or if they're offended by things done by or to them.

No matter how much they like the product or goods.

But then there's others that don't care and will make excuses to themselves so that they can still use or partake in whatever product or goods that they like.

Doesn't make them right or wrong, it makes them human.

1666994467712.gif

1666994505847.png

1666994565146.jpeg

1666994807445.jpeg
Comparing Kanye West to Harvey Weinstein is outlandish. Harvey Weinstein is an absolute monster who was a predator. Kanye said some things that are hurtful and ignorant, and his mental health isn't doing him any favors, words definitely matter, especially with his platform, but Kanye didn't kill anyone or rape anyone. They aren't Cosby 350s or HarveyRnnrs.

Do you think Kanye is an evil person? I think the guy is ignorant, foolish, says racist tropes, is stupid sometimes, and has serious mental illness. I don't think he is evil. I don't think his intentions are in line with the KKK, though the way people are acting you'd think he said something about the purity of the Aryan Brotherhood and how Jews should be cleansed from the earth. KKK types are piggybacking on to this controversy which is not good, and is again from Kanye's ignorance, foolishness, and mental issues, but not from some evil intention to recruit an army of racists.

So I don't even feel a need to separate the art from the artist because wearing Yeezys was not as much a statement about Kanye as it was a love for design and comfort. It's not like wearing a MAGA hat and letting people know you're pro trump. It's not like wearing a Kanye 2024 T-shirt. And also, like I said before, I don't think Kanye is an evil person who believes in ethnic cleansing and the Aryan Brotherhood. It's also as much about Adidas and a whole team of collaborators who worked on making the shoes. Except for the slides, Adidas owns all the patents. Are you going to be against wearing Adidas 350s when they scrub Yeezy from everything?

I hope Kanye gets humbled, gets professional help and grows as a person. I don't take joy in seeing someone's life crumble and I don't think he's irredeemable.

Last edited:
You clearly didn't get separating the art portion of my post because the NFL was a very bad example and not a good one.

As you stated it was a good example.

The NFL as an entire entity showed how they felt about Black people and Black peoples issues.

Continuing to watch and support the NFL during and after that isn't separating the art. It's turning the other cheek and ignoring how the NFL feels and the statement that they made so that one can continue enjoying watching football.

And your post about German's wearing hitler's logo was too foolish of a comparison for anyone with blood running through the brain to take seriously.

No offense.
Read my post again. It wasn't a comparison. It was a question of if people had this type of conundrum with wearing certain things with bad connotation, although much darker history behind it. I acknowledge that it's not the same... And how is turning the cheek to watch football any different from turning the cheek to watch a mirimax movie with severity behind the actions put aside??

If you spent luxury money on Yeezys I don’t blame you for still wearing them, I’m not sure what I’ll do with mine long term but that’s a personal decision

If you’re wearing them as an antisemetic act you’ll probably also say/do something to reinforce your antisemitism so I’m not trippin on the shoes alone

Just to add some levity back to this thread, them Kanye GAP hoodies look terrible look terrible on people, or at least how people who don't know their size but posting fit pics

55t5c90qskw91.jpg

Also the word is the most popular Gap Perfect hoodies was the Black colorway, so Gap sold the majority of their return stock of unpopular colors after the WLM controversy as re-dyed Black hoodies, 2 days before they ended the partnership. That's why they were 50% off

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 8.29.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 8.21.41 PM.png

Then they sent all the rest to China to avoid American scrutiny . Not a dime lost :rofl:

Just to add some levity back to this thread, them Kanye GAP hoodies look terrible look terrible on people, or at least how people who don't know their size but posting fit pics

55t5c90qskw91.jpg

Also the word is the most popular Gap Perfect hoodies was the Black colorway, so Gap sold the majority of their return stock of unpopular colors after the WLM controversy as re-dyed Black hoodies, 2 days before they ended the partnership. That's why they were 50% off

Then they sent all the rest to China to avoid American scrutiny . Not a dime lost :rofl:
8286F0A6-9DD9-430C-AAE4-61EEF259DC1A.jpeg

Lmao now I have to check the label on mine

Edit: we good
73E75E3E-E267-4AF9-B30C-63FCA74FB82D.jpeg

55t5c90qskw91.jpg

Don't spread misinformation, the very first release of yeezy gap hoodies over a year ago every single black hoodie was a redye.

Back
Top Bottom