ADOS

Bruh definitely has fake deep vibes. The whole setup of that video and his little speech was corny. Not only does he not get it but the added music in the background was wack. All this shows me is what history has shown. Well off to do black folks will never be able to properly lead because they are far removed from the struggle and feelings of the people. Gonna take change at the grass roots level for there to be serious change.

gotta pull up from the bottom for the whole to rise

At this point we have to create our own. Take what we want and deal with what comes from that. We cannot ask a system for equality , when the very system itself is built, based and strives off of inequality. We have to do something drastic as a whole. We have to let go of what we believe should be given to us and we have to do as they did to us. We have to take it.

A New Bill Would Calculate Potential Costs of Reparations — and by Yahoo Finance Estimates, These Could Reach as High as $17.1 Trillion.
a2cb9d10-9905-11e9-b73a-47c1551b6caa

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/40-acres-and-a-mule-reparations-in-2019-190018747.html

The bill’s focus was not to pass reparations, but to research the impact slavery had on black Americans and develop proposals for redress.

The subject of reparations has remained a political hot potato, with presidential candidates Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Beto O’Rourke and Julian Castro supporting some form of reparations. But while the Democratic-controlled House is willing to hear the bill, it seems likely that a bill on reparations will die in the Senate where Republicans have a majority. When asked about the hearing, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said he opposed the measure, given that “not one of us currently living are responsible” for slavery.

McConnell continued, adding: "We've tried to deal with our original sin of slavery by fighting a civil war, by passing landmark civil rights legislation. We elected an African-American president.”

“Payments are not the focus of H.R. 40,” the congresswoman said. “Knowledge is the focus of H.R. 40.”

“The Majority Leader may want to deny this bill a hearing, but he cannot deny the horror and the denial of freedom that human bondage represents,” she said. “The Majority Leader can't deny the free labor that slavery brought; he can't deny the people who died in transit; and he can't deny that this is the 400th anniversary of the beginning of the slave trade.”

“In particular, the legacy of colonial history, enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism and racial inequality in the United States remains a serious challenge, as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent,” the report states.

“Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching. Impunity for State violence has resulted in the current human rights crisis and must be addressed as a matter of urgency.”

H.R. 40 co-sponsor Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) says that reparations aren’t about “playing victim” or “race baiting”.

“If the best policies are informed by data, the data supports the fact that black Americans continue to be in the bottom of every outcome when it comes to health, education, and economics,” Pressley said in a statement to Yahoo Finance. “So much work remains to be done in order for us to bend the arc of justice to ensure the full freedom for black Americans.”

Here is the thing though, ADOS splits up black america.

Like I am a black immigrant from the Caribbean. I volunteer to help black folk, I donate to charities that help black people, I try to go out my way to support black business, hell I even support reparation for specifically African American families, I legit love being part of black america. But to many in ADOS, since my enslaved my ancestors were dropped off in a different part of the Americas, I am an outsider, and the carnage the United States helped inflicted on my ancestors and my birth country means nothing.

Now let us say Trump gets another 4 years and starts ****ing with naturalized citizens and green card holders. A ton of black folk like me will be hurt but some people in ADOS seemingly doesn't think that is a issue worth pushing back against because immigration is not an issue the want to waste energy on. Black folk are getting hurt, just not the right ones for us to care.

You don't see how this movement can become alienating within black america?
:nerd: interesting

In the sentencing phase of the Amber Guyger trial , to help show that Guyger isn’t the vile racist she has proven herself to be, the defense put up two Black character witnesses for Guyger: A Kenyan immigrant cop named Kathy Odhiambo
EF51xK0XkAU0aX6.jpg

In the sentencing phase of the Amber Guyger trial , to help show that Guyger isn’t the vile racist she has proven herself to be, the defense put up two Black character witnesses for Guyger: A Kenyan immigrant cop named Kathy Odhiambo
EF51xK0XkAU0aX6.jpg

Sooooo...

You're gonna associate Black immigrants to anti-Black cultures to denounce leniency towards the cop who killed a Black immigrant?

Sooooo...

You're gonna associate Black immigrants to anti-Black cultures to denounce leniency towards the cop who killed a Black immigrant?

"You're gonna associate Black African immigrants to anti-Black cultures to denounce leniency towards the cop who killed a Black Caribbean immigrant?"

=

FIFU

History and culture matter.

We are not the same just because our skin looks alike.

"We are exactly the same."

Word?

Youre not being honest Fam.

Facts do not support your POV.

I experience the same disadvantages as you do because I bubble in black/African-American on any document that asks race. The "who's more black" game isn't the game you want to play. But its the game they want you to play. Wake up chief.

I experience the same disadvantages as you do because I bubble in black/African-American on any document that asks race. The "who's more black" game isn't the game you want to play. But its the game they want you to play. Wake up chief.

=

Strawman logical fallacy.

Youre not responding to the comment I made.

Youre responsing to the comment you wish I made.

Substituting a person's actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument. Person 2 restates person 1's claim (in a distorted way). Person 2 attacks the distorted version of the claim.

Last edited:
=

Strawman logical fallacy.

Youre not responding to the comment I made.

Youre responsing to the comment you wish I made.

Substituting a person's actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument. Person 2 restates person 1's claim (in a distorted way). Person 2 attacks the distorted version of the claim.

Semantics won't save you from the truth.

Sooooo...

We are not the same people mentally....and that's been the basis of ADOS.
There are people who share the same skin color who intentionally help uphold white supremacy for protection and benefits over others, yes I would def consider Officer Kathy Odhiambo one of those people.
I mean what did you think this 41 page thread was about???
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom