Adrian Peterson MRI results are in - has tear in his knee

Listening to the Vikings press conference right now, good news is that it is not "severe".....but he is expected to miss this Sunday and they arenot sure how much longer after that yet.

So much for Dickerson's records
ohwell.gif

Vikings offense now though is gonna look nice w/o AP in that lineup

they jinxed him...all the espn analyst kept talkin about how great he was...Marcellus Wiley even try to say he was the greatest running back ever
smh.gif
i hope myman AD gets back soon..

Sucks to hear/see about AD... and regarding the Vikings' O, Taylor ran 1200 last year behind that o-line. They'll be alright... hopefully he won'tbe out too long. Get well AD. <- and that coming from an SD fan. Dude is just scary with the rock.

Marcellus Wiley even try to say he was the greatest running back ever

When I saw him say this I just died laughin.

AD is good as *#*%, but lets slow down just a bit.

I hope he gets back to normal soon.

low hits have taken more NFL players out then any other hit or tackle yet the league is up in arms about a damn horse collar tackle that has injured @ 4people.
grin.gif

thats a shame, hope hes back asap

off topic but shouldn't durability be considered when we're talkin about the best back in the game?

^ u didnt hear Wiley say that on sportscenter about a week ago on the bud light cold hard facts segment?? when i heard it i was
roll.gif
smh.gif
and thats comin froma big fan of AD

That's a shame. What I don't want to hear is how this was a foregone conclusion because of Peterson's running style. That hit would have knockedany man out and it seems as though he was somewhat lucky in that it didnt do more damage.

allen, yes tho no fault of his own, but given his history news of Peterson being injured shouldnot be shocking.

yeah thats why everyone needed chill with that talk and see if he could get through at least 1 full season

i wish him a speedy recovery...dude is a monster, but a lot of people definitely got way ahead of themselves by declaring him better than LT, stuff likethat.
eyes.gif
. the ESPN Hype Machine can be scary. 2 years down the road if hestays healthy, he can potentially make a real name for himself of course.

But now that he's gone, who's gonna win OROY? Would it be Marshawn? Bowe?

I hate to say this because AD is truly a great running back but as a guy who comes from the Big 12 you just knew something like this was going to happen.

Peterson out at least one game with torn knee ligament

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) - Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will miss Sunday's game against Oakland with a torn ligament in his right knee, coach Brad Childress said Monday.

Childress said Peterson tore his lateral collateral ligament in the Vikings' 34-0 loss to Green Bay. Peterson will not require surgery, Childress said.

"The good news is that the knee is otherwise stable and the injury is isolated to that ligament," Childress said. "I'm told that's a good healing ligament."

Childress said this is not a season-ending injury, but he did not talk about when Peterson might be back.

Back
Top Bottom