Advice on Crumbling Soles

I recently came across the opportunity to cop my grails, The Urban Jungle Nike Air Raids from 92'. I purchased them, but I'm extremely cautious about wearing them since they're almost 30 years old, and the sole is crumbling a bit. I would love to see if I could rock them once, but I don't want them to crack anymore then they have, and I can't sole swap since the retro Air Raids differ in their sole. Any advice on how I might be able to stop the crumbling, or if there is someone who is capable of restoring these? Thanks in adavance.
IMG_4563.jpg
IMG_4564.jpg

Unfortunately, there's not really a way to stop or fix crumbling midsoles to the point of wearability again.

I think your only real option is to midsole swap with a retro pair of the 2014 Peace Raids. I wasn't aware there was a difference in retro vs OG midsoles.

I second the above comment, once theyve got to that point there is little to nothing that can be done since theyve completely dry rotted. For older shoes the materials MUST be conditioned way prior to this point to prevent such thing.

I think your only real option is to midsole swap with a retro pair of the 2014 Peace Raids. I wasn't aware there was a difference in retro vs OG midsoles.
I think 2014 Retro was Air RAID w/ the graphic of Peace RAID OG that was actually released as Air RAID 2. So, the soles are not the same. And I don’t think RAID 2 was ever retroed other than those ParaNormans that weren’t released to the general public if my memory serves correct.

Back
Top Bottom