Advice on Lebron VII's

Hey, im 6'5 200lb pf/c and im looking to pick up a new pair for the season. i thought that i was going to go with the hyperizes but after reading othersites and here on niketalk, ive become skeptic of them. I have the tendency to roll my ankle and have done so multiple times in the past. i rolled my anklelast season in the hyperdunk. So my main concerns are with my ankles in the hyperize. But i have looked at reviews of the Lebron VII and im starting to leantowards them. What do you think NT? Any advice?

the little pieces that serve as the eyelets at the top of the shoe dont allow you to get that lockdown feeling around the ankle. With that said though, theseshoes feel very stable at the base and there is one eyelet at the very top of the shoe i didnt use, so that may help get a more secure fit. even though theshoes didnt get extremely tight like i normally wear them, i still had no movement in the shoe and noticed that the back allows for a nice amount offlexibility.

the impact protection on the lebron 7 will be second to none. with the additional air in the air max bag, its a little softer than the traditional air maxunits. the shoe transitions extremely well from heel to toe. i tried on the white/black colorway and didnt love them, but when i tried on the navy/white todayi took my time to lace them up and walk around a little and got a much better impression from them.

btw, im not sure how you managed to sprain your ankle in the hyperdunk. those things locked down my ankle so hard that i could barely run in them. just as istarted getting used to it, they bottomed out.

These ride high off the ground and you better lace the ankle really tight or you would sprain your ankle easily

The Brons are heavy but since your a big man it shouldnt really matter, but I wouldnt go with them. I got the zoom flight clubs and theyve been really good

^^^the zoom flight clubs feel like !!$!. theres no cushioning at all under the front of the foot.

Originally Posted by alsasam

The Brons are heavy but since your a big man it shouldnt really matter, but I wouldnt go with them. I got the zoom flight clubs and theyve been really good
heavy?.... have you tried them on??...... and 200lbs 6'5" isnt really big either. No offense to the OP.

^^truth. i didnt find them heavy at all, and 200 pounds at 6'5 is pretty skinny.

I honestly think for your height and weight you'd be better off going with a guard like shoe like the Kobe IV's for example. Zoom air would probably bea better choice for a person of your weight, but the Air Max 360 bag in the LBVII's does have great impact protection..

I am 6'1, 205 lbs. and have balled in the VII's before...I like the shoes and they're lightweight for a max air shoe...but I still prefer the theprevious Lebrons because of the zoom...just tie up your shoes to the top eyelet as mentioned and you should be good...

It all depends on how much impact protection you need and whether or not you need alot of responsiveness or not. Personally i rather have impact protectionover responsiveness since i put some much stress on my shoes. Im 6'4 205 myself but i put out alot of force on the ground (squat reps of 295lbs X 12, 315 X12, 335 X 12... lunges 3 X 12 with 65lb dumbells....etc) when i play since i like to stay in the air, play hard D, and hit the boards.

I like the Kobes for the lightness how the lebrons differen in weight is it a large gap I like the lebrons more for style wise

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I honestly think for your height and weight you'd be better off going with a guard like shoe like the Kobe IV's for example. Zoom air would probably be a better choice for a person of your weight, but the Air Max 360 bag in the LBVII's does have great impact protection..

I am 6'1, 205 lbs. and have balled in the VII's before...I like the shoes and they're lightweight for a max air shoe...but I still prefer the the previous Lebrons because of the zoom...just tie up your shoes to the top eyelet as mentioned and you should be good...
People keep saying tie the lebrons tight using all the lace holes but thats exactly the problem it doesn't fit well. there is heel slipage andif you roll your ankle easily then you should skip the lebrons and use a shoe thats lower to the ground like the BB3 or KOBE IV or V or the JORDAN 16.5

I'm 6'0, 210lbs and I've tried on the Lebron VIIs (haven't played in them, yet, as my pairs are in the mail). They feel no different than yourtraditional Max air based shoes. In fact, if you've had your share of battle in max air based shoes, you know their benefits. Sure, you are higher offthe ground but max air based shoes usually have a super stable base in the outsoles and really beefy heel counters so you're pretty well protected. Ithink a few people have mentioned fit may be an issue but keep in mind you always have the option of wearing ankle braces so that reduces the likelihood ofspraining your ankles somewhat. Other than that, I think it's really a personal preference type of thing. If you're still in doubt, I'd say trythe Zoom Soldier 3's. They should be pretty cheap, have zoom air, and I love the ankle protection (which I think is a notch above the ZK4's). Still,I really like how the white/navy-gold-red Lebron VIIs look and feel, which is why my pairs are on their way

Back
Top Bottom