African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

the story of America invading Grenada because of their links with Cuba during the Cold War is wild as hell. I spent a couped days in Grenada back in 2015 and this one old dude explained the whole situation to me so vividly one night, I never forgot it.

It's definitely fresh in folks mind down there.

The Small Axe mini-series is a good look into what much of the diaspora faced in England during the wind rush era. Some of my elders who were there for that time shared some of their experiences with me and it lines up with much of what they. The series seems very authentic. Normally, they try to white wash much of these films, but this has been good.

Amazon product ASIN B08J4J96W1

Fellas, a very special guest (me) was on this podcast about discussing depressing and mental health and how it connects to the black dating scene. Check it out

Very interesting conversation.

Went through extreme depression but just got too busy to focus on it rather than take meds.

Had a close friend and relative on anti depressants.
My relative ended up hallucinating for a while due to seratonin overload. Had other health complications and eventually had to stop taking them.

My friend warned me that you have to take them long term and they literally reset your whole mood and attitude. Sex drive goes away.
Never really heard any positives accept being being "easier to move in from things".
Feels like a complicated pharmaceutical way to numb yourself to things that typical are stressors

Very interesting conversation.

Went through extreme depression but just got too busy to focus on it rather than take meds.

Had a close friend and relative on anti depressants.
My relative ended up hallucinating for a while due to seratonin overload. Had other health complications and eventually had to stop taking them.

My friend warned me that you have to take them long term and they literally reset your whole mood and attitude. Sex drive goes away.
Never really heard any positives accept being being "easier to move in from things".
Feels like a complicated pharmaceutical way to numb yourself to things that typical are stressors

My situations I went through a depression twice in my life in 2007 and 2016 for a couple months each, and in both cases I was on anti-depressants for about 3-4 months and I was perfectly fine afterwards. Medications are tricky, but you have to have a smart trustworthy doctor (both of mine were black)

Props layziegunts layziegunts

I could never put myself out there like you just did. Salute man.

I could relate to a lot of what you said. Mainly meeting my family at a later age for the exact same reason as you. It messed me up as a kid but you got me wondering if im still dealing with that now subconciously 🤔

Props layziegunts layziegunts

I could never put myself out there like you just did. Salute man.

I could relate to a lot of what you said. Mainly meeting my family at a later age for the exact same reason as you. It messed me up as a kid but you got me wondering if im still dealing with that now subconciously 🤔

I mean im a 35 yo man, talking about sensitive topics are important, white people go to therapy all the damn time, but black people we suppose to be hush hush? nah bro

Interesting, she sounds southern and West Indian at the same time. That's dope.
Much of the Gullah people are descendants of West Africans who were enslaved and were brought over to the Caribbean and then some of them were eventually brought to SC or their children were brought there. Hence why they sound like a bit of everywhere from the Caribbean. when she said bakra, I chuckled.

Back
Top Bottom