After 2 seasons, where does chris johnson rank in your all time list?

NO, he has had one of the best 2-year stretches in NFL history. If he dies today, he would NOT be considered and all-time great. You have to see the difference here man. Don't be so quick to put yourself in line for a few, "I told you so's."

I guess we forgot about TD, Jamaal Anderson, Holmes, hell even Larry Johnson had a good 2 year stretch. Same with Faulk.

People fade or don't live up to all the expectations. Faulk had a better career than all of them but the 2 year stretch he had on the Rams was crazy as well. He only kept it up for a few years. He has a long way to go still in my mind.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Boy stop...

....On another note, all time great lists in Football aren't as deep as they are in Hoops, so a few more great seasons and then this discussion will have merit

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I guess we forgot about TD, Jamaal Anderson, Holmes, hell even Larry Johnson had a good 2 year stretch. Same with Faulk.

People fade or don't live up to all the expectations. Faulk had a better career than all of them but the 2 year stretch he had on the Rams was crazy as well. He only kept it up for a few years. He has a long way to go still in my mind.
Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Boy stop...

This is the dumbest post ive seen on NT in a long time.

Chris Johnson had 2 pretty good years...... thats it.  Theres a LONG list of other RBs who have had 2 pretty good years.

smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wow are you dudes serious? CJ isnt already an all time great? 
indifferent.gif

1500 rushing yards as a rookie and 2000 rushing yards + 500 receiving in his 2nd nfl season.. No big play wide receivers either year also.. Granted Tenn has a very good Oline but he's still the focus of the that offense and sees 8 in the box the majority of every game.. 

His explosion is 2nd to NOBODY.. I honestly think he has a shot at beating usain bolt in the 40.. 

CJ would obliterate his competition in any era.. you cant say that about all the all-time greats.. 

And anyone wanna give any names of players you think were better instead of all the faces?.. 
grin.gif

I'd compare CJ to Marshall Faulk.. But CJ is nastier, thats saying a lot.. 

Originally Posted by thetruth03

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

1500 rushing yards as a rookie and 2000 rushing yards + 500 receiving in his 2nd nfl season.. No big play wide receivers either year also.. Granted Tenn has a very good Oline but he's still the focus of the that offense and sees 8 in the box the majority of every game.. 

His explosion is 2nd to NOBODY.. I honestly think he has a shot at beating usain bolt in the 40.. 

CJ would obliterate his competition in any era.. you cant say that about all the all-time greats.. 

And anyone wanna give any names of players you think were better instead of all the faces?.. 
grin.gif

Soooo you just not gone stop huh?

Chris Johnson has had 2 INCREDIBLE years...he's on the PATH to become an all-time great, but to say he is right now...is a total stretch. Let's take a look at a whole body of work when a career is done, rather than picking out 2 seasons.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

grin.gif

WOW.

Stunning.

Prisoner of the moment.

I see what you're saying Truth, I just think you are phrasing it wrong.

Like, I don't REALLY think you believe he has had a better/greater career than Emmit, Barry, etc. A career is what makes you an all time great player.

I think you mean he is an all time great TALENT. I.e what he can do w/ the ball in his hands, regardless of the career #'s/production. Just his talents.

Ok, so where does he rank if he blows his knee out tomorrow? 

LT was doin huge numbers for 5 years and wasn't making any all time lists yet. 

Let Chris put a few more seasons in and then he'll get the recognition he'll deserve. 

yo hes nasty but this two yr stretch he jsut had isnt even better than the 2 yr stretch Larry Johnson had with the Chiefs.

He's not touchin my all time list.

He had an all time great season yes. but I cant co-sign all time great.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by dreClark

He doesn't.
Co-sign.

Dude isnt even Top 50 of all-time.

Top 50?  I really honestly dont even see how he cracks the top 150.  Maybe not even top 200.  This thread is one of the stupidest things I have read in a while.

if he breaks 2000 this year then I'll start talkin. No player has done it twice in their career.

So Larry Johnson is a legend now?

[table][tr][td]2006[/td][td]Kansas City Chiefs[/td][td]16[/td][td]416[/td][td]26.0[/td][td]1,789[/td][td]4.3[/td][td]111.8[/td][td]17[/td][td]47[/td][td]91[/td][td]21.9[/td][td]10[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]Kansas City Chiefs[/td][td]16[/td][td]336[/td][td]21.0[/td][td]1,750[/td][td]5.2[/td][td]109.4[/td][td]20[/td][td]49T[/td][td]97[/td][td]28.9[/td][td]15[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

grin.gif

He's not touching Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, LaDainian Tomlinson, Eric Dickerson, etc... the list goes on.
This is like if I proclaimed Aaron Rodgers a legendary quarterback right now.

If CJ is still putting up nice numbers in six years, then we can talk. But a lot can happen between now and 2016... just look at Larry Johnson 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yo hes nasty but this two yr stretch he jsut had isnt even better than the 2 yr stretch Larry Johnson had with the Chiefs.

He's not touchin my all time list.

He had an all time great season yes. but I cant co-sign all time great.
I agree with this guy. Give it a few more years and lets have this conversation.

Back
Top Bottom