After 4 months or so, I still feel salty over Elton Brand leaving.

9hn9j8.jpg

x27wd3.jpg

1zdtdv4.jpg

2z6fq5t.jpg

If EB had stayed a clipper, there is no doubt in my mind that the Clippers would be in playoff contention. EB, Kaman, Gordon, BD, and Thornton would have been
pimp.gif
. And didn't EB say he couldn't wait to play with Thornton?Honestly i think the supporting cast in LA is much better than the cast in Philly. And isn't it possible that the clippers could still have gotten Cambyconsidering he was given away for nothing? Not to mention the fact that they were able to absorb the contract of Zach Randolph? I am still very disappointed inEB leaving Clipper management, coaching staff, and fans out to dry. I am still
mad.gif
mad.gif

The reason the Clippers were able to get Camby for basically nothing was because they had the cap room due to Brand leaving in the first place.

I still think Brand looks weird in a sixers uni...

At any rate, I honestly thought the guy would come back to the Clips. I remember SKA sharing the same viewpoint I had, saying that the Baron signing was aserious step in the right direction, and Brand should have been holding out just a bit longer to see what other moves LA could have made. Even though theydidnt make any moves after the Baron signing, I still think that EB should have come back.

I dont know what the situation was in its entirety, but from what I can see, it was an unexpected leave for EB.

its was a no brainer for him East >>>>>>> West in terms of teams reaching the playoffs and having the chance...

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

what's to be salty about?

boseph is putting up better numbers than brand right now.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would take Boseph over Brand though.

Even if he did stay, I doubt the Clippers would be much better. Baron doesn't even like his own coach calling plays for him. That team is just bad.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Elton Brand

Philadelphia 76ers

Position: F

Height: 6-9 Weight: 254

College: Duke

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09 Statistics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]17.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]10.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.457[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.737[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]35.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Zach Randolph

Los Angeles Clippers

Position: C-F

Height: 6-9 Weight: 260

College: Michigan State

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09 Statistics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]20.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]11.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.436[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.800[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.308[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]35.0[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The reason the Clippers were able to get Camby for basically nothing was because they had the cap room due to Brand leaving in the first place.

just think of it this way

aside from one fluke season, the man has never been on a winning team despite putting up 20/10 in his career.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Elton Brand

Philadelphia 76ers

Position: F

Height: 6-9 Weight: 254

College: Duke

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09 Statistics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]17.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]10.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.457[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.737[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]35.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Zach Randolph

Los Angeles Clippers

Position: C-F

Height: 6-9 Weight: 260

College: Michigan State

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09 Statistics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]20.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]11.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.436[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.800[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.308[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]35.0[/td] [/tr][/table]

pimp.gif

Sam Cassell is the only reason the Clippers won 50 that season. Elton Brand would've been just another .500 season for the Clips.

Originally Posted by Johndaeyun

Maybe they could have traded Thomas and Mobley?

no, that wouldnt have made sense at all for the Nuggets. The only reason they made that trade is so they didnt have to pay luxury tax THIS year. Theyweren't trading him to clear cap space for 2010. I dont think it is really fair to compare stats for Brand and Randolph at this point, i mean thats whatRandolph does, dude puts up stats but has a terrible basketball IQ and plays terrible D.

Back
Top Bottom