Ages 20-26: Would you rather be single or in a relationship?

I'm 24 I was in a relationship from 18 till about a month ago. I learned a good amount of what I want and don't want in a girl. Right now I'm enjoying the single life. Right now my focus is on grad school and working out since I gained weight being with my ex and I realized how sloppy I look. Now if a good girl comes along and she understands what direction I'm headed in and is ok with not needing attention all the time then I'd think about getting with her but for now I'm good with dating and going out.

Single and smashing/dating randoms. Just don't commit to one relationship. Imagine all the things you will miss out on because your significant other WON'T allow you to.

you: But it's my best friend's bachelor party.
her: No strippers are disgusting

you: But the Detroit Lions are in the playoffs, Can't I watch them instead of going to your mother's house for dinner?
her: So sports is more important than me?

I can go on and on... Do yourself a favor OP... enjoy LIFE!

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

I'm 23 and I've never had a girlfriend. I think it would be nice.

#ForeverAlone
I'll be 23 in June and in the same boat.. Like someone said though, it all depends on the female... But for now, finance$ > anything else.

As a single 26 y/o sometimes I do want a female by my side,but i'm NOT going out of my way to look for one.EDIT:
laugh.gif
I didn't really answer the question. For me RIGHT NOW i'd rather be single.

" I think relationships are messy and people’s feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We’re young, we live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world; might as well have fun while we can and, save the serious stuff for later."
-Summer Fin (500) Days of Summer

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm 24, rapidly advancing in my career, no kids or real responsibility and I'm on the fence. Every time I think I'm ready to settle down a bit and find a woman to be with, I go out and see another one that I like and the cycle starts all over again. I think I'm definitely leaning more towards calming down and getting into a relationship sooner than later but I'm certainly not going to rush it. When the "right one" (whatever that means) comes along, hopefully I'm ready and don't blow it. Until then, I'm going to enjoy this life I live.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

" I think relationships are messy and people’s feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We’re young, we live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world; might as well have fun while we can and, save the serious stuff for later."
-Summer Fin (500) Days of Summer

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Quoted for optimum inportance.

single
smokin.gif

I'm 20 and I feel I'm too young to be in a committed relationship right now
Plus I dont need the added stress, school is enough for me.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by theDEEK

20-25 is when I'd rather be single, but late twenties is when I plan to start taking relationships seriously once I'm established and all.
Good question, and this. 

I was single until I was 23. I'm 28 now. I wasn't thinking about a relationship at that time. My girl came into my life out of the blue. We became friends and things evolved from there. We're still together and I know she will be my wife in the near future.

Enjoy the single life fellas, but one day you will want something stable and comforting. And it's up to you if want to stick with dealing with commitment. Being in a relationship has its bad moments, but if you and your S/O can continue to communicate and stick together through the storms, then the relationship can last.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Relationship.

I've never had stress, didn't have to try to make her happy or vica versa, no fights and I can come and go as I please. I hear these same arguments but maybe it's just 'your' girl. Not every girl is like that. If you find the right one during the years, regardless, keep her.

How old are you 
25, and I am in a relationship. It is really hard but the good out weighs the bad. Basically, there will always be girls that you can hook up with but at some point you gotta chill because if not you will always be chasing tail.

this is the age where you go to the buffet line and try different foods...

once you find out what food you really like, you leave the buffet and find a restaurant that serves that food to the max..

same w/ the breezys.

you try out different cultures, races, and ideologies...

once you find what fits you the most...

you focus on finding that type of woman.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I'm 22. I'd like to find my soul-mate now, so I can marry her at 35+ years of age.

there isn't a chick alive whom'll wait that long for you to make a commitment (simply being in a relationship isn't commitment). They don't want to be 35+ just starting to have kids either. 
You're probably not going to take my word on that but w/e. NTers with their whimsical fantasies. 

I don't know, when I was in a relationship I wanted out, when I'm single, I want a relationship...

been with my girl since 19.... now I got the urge to be single. I'm 23 now. I feel like I never gave my self the opportunity to enjoy myself fully. and its not the same as going and having fun with your male friends as it is to have fun with your girl

Relationship.

I've never had stress, didn't have to try to make her happy or vica versa, no fights and I can come and go as I please. I hear these same arguments but maybe it's just 'your' girl. Not every girl is like that. If you find the right one during the years, regardless, keep her.
This.. and what SneakerHeathen said is also truth

Relationship.

/thread

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I'm 22. I'd like to find my soul-mate now, so I can marry her at 35+ years of age.

there isn't a chick alive whom'll wait that long for you to make a commitment (simply being in a relationship isn't commitment). They don't want to be 35+ just starting to have kids either. 
You're probably not going to take my word on that but w/e. NTers with their whimsical fantasies. 
Then that chick isn't on the same page as me and I will keep it moving. 
I want to be financially stable and be able to take care of myself first, before taking care of another life-form.

I'm not tryna worry about movin' in wit' a girl, and splitting the bills, rent or mortgage with someone.

Once I am more than financially stable and mature enough, then that is when we can get married and have children.

hard to stay single..but fight the good fight and stay single..youll acquire more currency, your star will trend upwards..and therefore..acquire more attachment free relations

Back
Top Bottom