Air Chapuka retro.

Wel.... sort of.

Some OGs:

View media item 2101436View media item 2101437View media item 2101438View media item 2101439
And this is what Nike comes up with:

View media item 2101440View media item 2101441View media item 2101443View media item 2101444
Uppers have changed completely, in both shape and materials. They didn't even bother to recreate the midsole, just use the ones from the 2016 Spiridon retros.
Not that I was looking out for these but it's just typical how they f*** up another shoe.

eh. non earth tone colors would have been better.

theres a lot more alpha project runners they coulda retroed before these.

dont even know why they retroed these.

I don't get how they can call this the same name or even act like it's a retro of the original.

If anything, it's inspired by the Chapuka but a completely different shoe altogether.

I wonder if the fit is similar to the Zoom Talaria? - nevertheless, I like this redesign as a summer lifestyle option (e.g., Mayfly Woven)

I wonder if the fit is similar to the Zoom Talaria? - nevertheless, I like this redesign as a summer lifestyle option (e.g., Mayfly Woven)
Thought the exact same thing since my Trainer Escape, one of my all time favorite summer shoes (and happens to be an another Alpha Project one) has been beat up. But..., would never consider dropping $220 on em and wouldn't probably bite even if 50% off tho.

The fact that Nike actually calls them Chalapuka might be a clue that they aren't meant as an exact copy of the Chapukas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom