air force 1s is it underated

i got a question is af1s are underated or falling off cuz i have alots of af1s and nobody never gets them let me know what yall think

Welp i guess it kind of depends on what kind of "sneakerhead" you are. Honestly though, AF1s could never "fall off." Sorry if every kid at the mall isn't wearin' em bruh!

I'd say that right now is the best time to be a fan of the shoe since so many people have put their collections for sale it's easy to find what were once really expensive pairs going for low prices. You're not going to get a bunch of kids at the mall turning their heads when you walk by, but if that's what you're looking for you already knew that. If you really like AF1s you can find old pairs and all new pairs without doing much legwork.

How could a classic fall off?  

The answer is that they can't.  They're just not the "it" shoe model right now.  Give it time and they will be again.  That's just how this sneaker thing works.  

Definitely underrated. Year-to-year it's a timeless design that can continue to expand.

How could a classic fall off?

The answer is that they can't. They're just not the "it" shoe model right now.  Give it time and they will be again.  That's just how this sneaker thing works.  

This.

AF1s are a "true" classic. Just like Adidas Superstars they will constantly be on the shelf and always be on peoples feet.

Sure... I dont see them as much as I did in 01-03 but I still see about 10 people a day wearing them.

They are the shoe that got me into sneakers. I will always love them to death but I haven't bought a pair in years. Just not my style anymore

Hype-wise? yes. But if you're all about hype then you should be asking yourself if you are into sneakers for the right reasons. To me they are and will always be classics, no matter what the stupid masses say.

I think when Nelly dropped his song.... The popularity of the shoe fell off.   The shoe game is weird, AF1's go in out of the spotlight every so often.  But they will never fall off.  I still cop AF1's but my style hasn't changed....  I buy Jordans, AF1's, AM1's 90s 95's, Dunks, and the occasional new shoe (KD's, Lebrons, etc...)

Buy what you like and be happy.... Those AF1's you cop now will break necks a couple years down the road again.  

I've never liked AF1's personally but I always thought they had decent color ways. I figure they'll be back "in" at some point, but if you're a lover of AF1's this would be your time, as others have said in this thread, to get stuff for CHEAP. I know I'm taking total advantage in the lack of hype behind Nike SB to get all the orange, grey and pink box gems I can find.

Last edited:
I love them for the wide toe box and good cushioning. Make them with good materials and decent colors and I'm in.

i think they suck. worst shoe ever. don't ever buy them, especially the older ones - they might fall apart.

I don't think they've become underrated. Just over saturation of AFs and people got sick of them and moved on.
Personally, they are overrated for sure.
Never have understood the love of AFs. Some people get so offended if you say you don't like Air Force Ones as if it's impossible not to like them.
I understand the history and all of that behind it, but the look of the shoe is doodoo IMO.
There are still die-hard Air Force One heads or buyers. Always will be, just like Dunks or Blazers, people aren't gonna let a classic die.
I see people wearing Air Force One's a lot, not as many as a few years ago, but still quite a few.
Maybe less "Sneakerheads" are into them but the general public is still buying white/white and black/black Air Force 1s

I think people really started to stop when those Jordan x air force fusions came out..... :smh:

yeah i say maybe a bit before that.. when these were really in motion they should have dropped the fusion craze.. ish would have been nuts if they did it 2 years earlier.

I personally think they are overrated.

lol. pay homage. i could find at least 150 colorways that are considered classics/fire. sure they over saturated the market (as they do with every shoe they can milk) but they have consistently dropped gems throughout the years.

but i guess foams brons yeezys and anything limited is whats good right now lol.

It's not. It's a timeless shoe and a lot of people still wear them until now.

I used to collect AF1s but I stopped couple of years ago since I buy more Air Jordans now. But that doesn't stop me from wearing them instead of selling them.

Last edited:
not in my opinion.  in fact, i think they were overrated back in the day, with nelly and all that.  i've never owned a pair.  too clunky for me.

I've never been big on Air Force 1's myself. I don't like the chunky sole. I see dudes in their 40's and 50's go hard over them to me they never lived up to what people made them out to be back in the days.

Back
Top Bottom