Air Force Max 2019

Tried on the South Beach Air Force Max 2019 today. Definitely the best big man shoe since the original Hyperposite. The strap feels real good and the cushioning is top notch.

Think I prefer the all black colorway, but they didn't have it at the mall, only the other two.

For some reason, none of the colorways are on NDC, so I may wait until NDC gets a colorway as I got a Nike gift card for Chanukah that I'd rather use than cash.

Anybody play on court with the Air Force Max 2019 yet?

Guess nobody cares about this shoe. Finishline has slashed the price from $160 down to $95 less than a month after release. Went ahead and ordered a pair from Finishline since NDC still isn't stocking the shoe.

Balling in full length air max units in 2019.
Zoom air or bust.

upload_2019-1-8_21-3-7.gif

Balling in full length air max units in 2019.
Zoom air or bust.

It's almost as if players come in different shapes and sizes and there are different positions.

Big men may not sell shoes, but they still need shoes. The Hyperposite came out six years ago. Nike making a new big man shoe was long overdue.

I think it’s pretty crazy how little the love these are getting. Saw them in person and they look kinda coo. Might pick up if the price drops a little more

I’m gonna pick up one of the two black colorways on FNL here in a few weeks.

Just bought the “media days” to play in. I think they look dope! Plus they will work better for my 280lb manatee frame...

yea we need performance reviews for this shoe. doesnt seem like anybody in the nba wears these except that one time ad wore them for media day

Wtf pics???
I’ll post pics when they get here. Had to order from Nike because I wear a 15.

yea we need performance reviews for this shoe. doesnt seem like anybody in the nba wears these except that one time ad wore them for media day

Yeah...the fact that AD has only worn them a handful of times in game is not encouraging. I’m not expecting them to be AMAZING to play in, but someone of my size can make decent use of Air Max vs Zoom.

It's almost as if players come in different shapes and sizes and there are different positions.

Big men may not sell shoes, but they still need shoes. The Hyperposite came out six years ago. Nike making a new big man shoe was long overdue.

Have you played in yours? I super surprised there aren’t more reviews out there. They look cool and perfect for the bigger dude. I just wonder if they are heavy and play sloppy.

Have you played in yours? I super surprised there aren’t more reviews out there. They look cool and perfect for the bigger dude. I just wonder if they are heavy and play sloppy.

Haven't played in them yet. Been too cold to play outside and my gym is closed for renovation so they can put in a larger pool and a basketball court (finally!). I've just tried them on and jogged in them a little bit to see if they were keepers or not. They feel great. I'm a big guy and this is definitely the best shoe for me since the Hyperposite. My 7th pair of Hyperposites finally died on me so I really needed something new. For $89 the Air Force Max was a no brainer ($95 from finishline with $6 cash back on ebates).

C2108F8E-4C4B-48AC-B401-D64C1E360CC8.jpeg
Alright here is my initial review on these. Just got done playing in mine. Some take sways here that may explain why AD doesn’t use them much at all. We’ll start with the pro’s. Lock down is on point. Shoe keeps you locked in the whole time. Traction is very nice as well. No problems on an indoor court. Now for the not so good. First of all these are pretty heavy. Not sure what they weigh in my size 15, but it’s substantial. Secondly these need an outrigger bad. I noticed on some cuts the shoe felt like it wanted to roll over. Not a good feeling. The Air Max is what it is. Works decently for me being a larger dude, but any smaller guy trying to play in these would not feel the benefits of the Air Max. Speaking of Air Max, the court feel for me is almost non existent. Not a huge deal to me, but to others they will not like that you have no connection to the floor. I’m going to get these broken in and see how they do. If Nike had added Max Zoom and an outrigger these would be a win. However compared to today’s performance shoes with Zoom these don’t hold a candle to them. If these came out in the late 90’s early 2000’s they would be awesome. Going to give them some more clock next week and see if they will be worth using on court. I do however love the design and got the “media day” colorway and I think it’s dope. These may end up in the casual use pile. Those are my 2 cents. Would love to hear other opinions.

Guess nobody cares about this shoe. Finishline has slashed the price from $160 down to $95 less than a month after release. Went ahead and ordered a pair from Finishline since NDC still isn't stocking the shoe.

I care...but FNL doesn't have my size 14, and all the other retailers refuse to put these on discount. I'm not paying $160, that's for sure.

I ended up returning mine to Nike. WAAAAY too heavy and clunky of a shoe for my taste.

Let’s get this thread up. The lows are a different animal compared to those bulky high tops.

Back
Top Bottom