Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! I'm not so sure these will drop as many of you are suggesting. I said it earlier, the game has changed gentlemen. DF!!!

I agree with my good brother! I think you guys have to consider all the factors that have already been mentioned. International cats, the fact that only about 15-20 outlets or so got these, the fact that only 5500 (or even 9000) pairs of this model exist, and to top if off an inferior version is still rumored to release. Take all of that, and couple it with the fact that it is the shoe that started it all, I believe that all of these factors will keep you from getting these things any where close to retail. I expect that $225-$250 mark to be the settling point(which I might add isnt a bad price, considering you all will pay more than $100 over retail for a non-OG colorway for a less classic shoe).

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

the quality of the banned 1 leather is better than that of the high straps by far.
it definitely has nicer leather than any recent 1 retros and possibly most jordan retros in recent years.

some small banned 1 differences worth mentioning:
-more comfortable
-taller rear ankle support
-taller & more padded tongue
-softer tongue material
-insole has thicker and more supportive padding
-the wings logo is bigger

img6047nw.jpg
Best adjustment to this version of the AJ 1s 
smokin.gif

Me and my dude copped a 9.5 and 10 from the south Vegas Outlet. My dude was already set to go to Vegas, this release gave me a extra reason(only reason actually) to go ahead and make the trip. Good thing we work for Airtran and fly for free. My dude not even into sneakers but when he saw the line all you could see were $ $ pop in his eyes. Sorry NT, I may have created a monster, laugh out loud.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Originally Posted by Drefus Jones

Originally Posted by Tweezy

I love Jordan/Nike for doing this. One of the most memorable releases.. We just randomly got superb quality OG colorway 1s completely out of the blue. When the retail version comes out, you guys know they prices of these will skyrocket.
THIS

Yo Drefus, my fellow bigfooter, did you get these joints?

Yeah I copped mine through a connect. Paid too much for EM but Im happy I got EM. What about you?

Originally Posted by apthekid

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

Originally Posted by ericjunior

I'm w/ you bruh! I'll pay a little extra but anything over $200 (shipped) isn't worth it. I'd spend that money on another piece of heat missing from my collection
You guys are forgetting about international cats.  For collectors in Japan and China, these are just going to be worth more from a cost standpoint considering they had absolutely no access to them.  You've got guys in the states paying a G for those Tokyo 5's here, it's more or less the same thing.  I threw my other pair up on eBay and I've been getting a ton of PM's from guys overseas asking if I'll ship to them.

Yo true story...Somebody hit me up from the Philippines trynna scoop up all my extra pairs.  International market is keeping value high on these for the time being...

But seriously, you guys trynna cop at a "reasonable" reseller price...Just be a little patient...trust thekid

My dudes in the Philippines would kill for these. 

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Me and my dude copped a 9.5 and 10 from the south Vegas Outlet. My dude was already set to go to Vegas, this release gave me a extra reason(only reason actually) to go ahead and make the trip. Good thing we work for Airtran and fly for free. My dude not even into sneakers but when he saw the line all you could see were $ $ pop in his eyes. Sorry NT, I may have created a monster, laugh out loud.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

crazy, but 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. good pick up homie.

Originally Posted by chi town aloha

the quality of the banned 1 leather is better than that of the high straps by far.
it definitely has nicer leather than any recent 1 retros and possibly most jordan retros in recent years.

-more comfortable
-softer tongue material

img6047nw.jpg
smokin.gif

see thats what makes them so rare is becasue they went ahead and put the nike air on the tongue you just dont see that coming from jb, also to know these were ging to be stractched and totally trashed jb says you know what lets send these to the outlets and mark them b grades and give our fans a chance to get them....brilliant idea from them i mean NIKE AIR i just cant get over that its sweet and thats what makes them even more rare knowing only outlets got them i mean thats unreal..and this is coming from someone that only collects older jordans.wasnt this excited since prob 01' blk/reds...lol....for all you guys out there wondering if the price will go down...thats a negative if anything they will go up in time becasue there were very limited pairs released total being only in outlets witch some didnt even release in there outlets so for collectors these are even more of a gem...really come down to the NIKE AIR logo making them so much more rarer and iconic...very dope release and you might want to get them now before prices do go up...act quick....

THIS

Yo Drefus, my fellow bigfooter, did you get these joints?

Yeah I copped mine through a connect. Paid too much for EM but Im happy I got EM. What about you?

Yea man I stumbled onto them. My buddy lives in Chicago and went to get his pair. There was a 1 pair per person limit, but since the 14 was kind of lingering, they let him pick that up too. Got beyond lucky on these. Im more of a 15, but im not complaining at all.

laugh.gif
 just when I figure JB ran out of gimmicks to build hype around shoes the do something like this..................

Originally Posted by ijapino

It's a super-soft distressed leather that I haven't seen used very often. In fact, the last shoe that comes to mind is the black/grey Retro I's that released a couple years back.

Thanks, this is what I thought.

So we usually don't camp for things and i personally never take days off for ANYTHING....
but we figured "what the heck" My homie Gerard AKA @gbrock30 (twitter name)had some comped rooms at Ceasars so we took a little road trip down to Atlantic City. I had already picked up a pair over the phone from Portland but didn't get my sz

We figured that the majority of "sneaker people" didn't even register the AC outlets since they don't gamble... that DEFINTIELY paid off because while we sat there with NOONE for hours, we were refreshing lines in CA for hours on NikeTalk & ISS.

We left Tuesday Night after work... B lined DIRECTLY to Harrah's Buffet...
5790362044_39a3e8b946.jpg

few of the many plates lol
5790359394_6b0c45eff0.jpg

5789799387_55d3abcb69.jpg

Then we dipped out there there & swung by Ceasars to check in, chill watch Game 1 of the finals & discuss the game plan..
5789788619_dab687df4a.jpg

What we did is periodically check out the Nike Outlet every hour, to make sure things were locked up
smile.gif

5790340948_a04e0afeb6_z.jpg

Play a little, pop back, play a little pop back.
Then about 2am we said "f it" and posted up with the Chairs
smile.gif

The line at 3am....
5790335964_b08084f9a1.jpg

5789780245_53bb91c740.jpg

You get bored in the middle of the night outside a Nike....
5790325700_7c91d1ef4f.jpg

Everyone on line was chill, chatted it up

THEN.... things got bad at about 7am

Some clown from My Sole to Keep (or whatever the site is)
Went to the local McDonalds to HIRE BUMS & Drug addicts to camp for them so they can flip the kicks.

They had to end up with about 20-30 of them so if you catch them on the resale STEER CLEAR!

That kind of pissed me off because there were some real fans of the kicks on the line

5789769917_f402f081a6.jpg

^ the bottom 3 kids there drove 4 hours from VIRGINIA! to cop

Luckily they were able to cop their pairs.
After the manager showed up I told them what was up with the scam going down & they allowed more than one pair per person

Anyway... Good times angered me but it was fun to meet some new sneakerheads, chill with my buddy AND not be at work during the week

Ended up copping 2 pairs each (plus the 1 i got from portland)

5789769279_f35d1a9ccb_z.jpg

11.5 = for me
11.5 for the owner of Extra butter that always does the right thing for my fiance & I
14 for a buddy in Berlin that is a SUPER MJ fan & is serving in the military now

@gbrock30
Got his 9.5 for himself & a pair for his brother

So all in all was pretty good, just sad that people are out there to Rape the Game

Ended up sleeping 16hrs straight after i got back to my apartment lol

I'm too old for this $hit (32)
Lethal-Weapon.jpg

Originally Posted by STILLENMAX

Just a heads up to all. I am with the Port Authority Police of NY/NJ and use to be on here as PAPD01 so not a newbie..for any of the youngins to the Jordan game who are still un sure of fakes and variants...the market is now being flooded with the retro XI lows in every color under the sun as well as the true blues..with the IIIs cement knock off box and all so just a heads up for anybody shopping for kicks in the Canal st area of NYC. I admit it to the true blues looked quite good my friends.....BGA (POE POE TERM FOR BETTER GUARD YOUR ***.
Any way you can work with CBP to crack down on this fake junk from even entering the US?

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

maybe it was Nike's plan from the getgo to go wth the "ban" theme? release a shoe at stores that have NEVER had a release date and take all the regulars (Ntowns, FTL/FA, boutiques,etc) out of the picture aka "ban" the shoe from the regular stores? great way to build hype and get the whole "ban" theme across....just my opinion of course
I like where you are going with this.  Too bad Nike/JB is NOT this creative
laugh.gif

I was thinking the same thing UaC. Has any Jordan sig other than maybe samples ever hit outlets first or only? And even if, definitely not at these numbers in terms of stock.

Originally Posted by kicks4eva

-more comfortable
-softer tongue material

img6047nw.jpg
smokin.gif

see thats what makes them so rare is becasue they went ahead and put the nike air on the tongue you just dont see that coming from jb, also to know these were ging to be stractched and totally trashed jb says you know what lets send these to the outlets and mark them b grades and give our fans a chance to get them....brilliant idea from them i mean NIKE AIR i just cant get over that its sweet and thats what makes them even more rare knowing only outlets got them i mean thats unreal..and this is coming from someone that only collects older jordans.wasnt this excited since prob 01' blk/reds...lol....for all you guys out there wondering if the price will go down...thats a negative if anything they will go up in time becasue there were very limited pairs released total being only in outlets witch some didnt even release in there outlets so for collectors these are even more of a gem...really come down to the NIKE AIR logo making them so much more rarer and iconic...very dope release and you might want to get them now before prices do go up...act quick....

Aside from the obvious "Nike Air" tag, I was actually more impressed with the change in material of the actual tongue.  my 2 cents 

Originally Posted by cristianm

Mark bud good to see you found a pair I'm happy for you.
What happen btw?
much appreciated.
KMNewark
 did me a solid. thanks again for the good look, brotha.

Aside from the obvious "Nike Air" tag, I was actually more impressed with the change in material of the actual tongue.  my 2 cents 

it's so much more comfortable. i found the tongues on the high straps to be stiff and always shifted around during normal wear because of the material. these are less slippery and more padded.
one of my favorite aspects in terms of comfort is the thicker and more supportive insoles.
the recent 1 retros that i own all have thin isoles and became uncomfortable after a few hours of walking around in them. these seem like a nice and well needed upgrade comfort-wise. not that 1's are that comfortable to begin with.

love hearing about real sneakerheads, i couldnt get a sitter, but my boy grabbed me a sz 14 in Mass this morning. these will not be for sale, i want to keep them and wear them. great concept

Heads up guys. There's still a TON of the banned 1s at San Marcos Outlet in Texas. Might want to try calling up later today or whatever. Sneakerheads running around trying to pay janitors, gardeners, GAP employees & security guards to get extra pairs.

Originally Posted by Type X

So we usually don't camp for things and i personally never take days off for ANYTHING....
but we figured "what the heck" My homie Gerard AKA @gbrock30 (twitter name)had some comped rooms at Ceasars so we took a little road trip down to Atlantic City. I had already picked up a pair over the phone from Portland but didn't get my sz

We figured that the majority of "sneaker people" didn't even register the AC outlets since they don't gamble... that DEFINTIELY paid off because while we sat there with NOONE for hours, we were refreshing lines in CA for hours on NikeTalk & ISS.

We left Tuesday Night after work... B lined DIRECTLY to Harrah's Buffet...
5790362044_39a3e8b946.jpg

few of the many plates lol
5790359394_6b0c45eff0.jpg

5789799387_55d3abcb69.jpg

Then we dipped out there there & swung by Ceasars to check in, chill watch Game 1 of the finals & discuss the game plan..
5789788619_dab687df4a.jpg

What we did is periodically check out the Nike Outlet every hour, to make sure things were locked up
smile.gif

5790340948_a04e0afeb6_z.jpg

Play a little, pop back, play a little pop back.
Then about 2am we said "f it" and posted up with the Chairs
smile.gif

The line at 3am....
5790335964_b08084f9a1.jpg

5789780245_53bb91c740.jpg

You get bored in the middle of the night outside a Nike....
5790325700_7c91d1ef4f.jpg

Everyone on line was chill, chatted it up

THEN.... things got bad at about 7am

Some clown from My Sole to Keep (or whatever the site is)
Went to the local McDonalds to HIRE BUMS & Drug addicts to camp for them so they can flip the kicks.

They had to end up with about 20-30 of them so if you catch them on the resale STEER CLEAR!

That kind of pissed me off because there were some real fans of the kicks on the line

5789769917_f402f081a6.jpg

^ the bottom 3 kids there drove 4 hours from VIRGINIA! to cop

Luckily they were able to cop their pairs.
After the manager showed up I told them what was up with the scam going down & they allowed more than one pair per person

Anyway... Good times angered me but it was fun to meet some new sneakerheads, chill with my buddy AND not be at work during the week

Ended up copping 2 pairs each (plus the 1 i got from portland)

5789769279_f35d1a9ccb_z.jpg

11.5 = for me
11.5 for the owner of Extra butter that always does the right thing for my fiance & I
14 for a buddy in Berlin that is a SUPER MJ fan & is serving in the military now

@gbrock30
Got his 9.5 for himself & a pair for his brother

So all in all was pretty good, just sad that people are out there to Rape the Game

Ended up sleeping 16hrs straight after i got back to my apartment lol

I'm too old for this $hit (32)
Lethal-Weapon.jpg
That's me in the red shirt in the back!  Waddup homie!!!

Also, I talked to that dude that you're talkin about...He said he was Flight Club's biggest supplier.  Not sure what you heard about "My Sole To Keep", but dude said he put out an add on facebook.

It's either genius or super dirty depending on your perspective...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom