Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture make me wanna go cop some camo shorts

Still havent worn my pair yet, maybe sometime this summer ill get a chance. I love the nike air on the tongue
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

I like the tongue better on the GR's believe it or not, I think it adds to the character of the edition. I don't, however, like the black X's all over the rest of the shoe. It's overkill and looks tacky as hell. The red one on this edition is perfect, nice and understated, which goes well with the lining and the insole. Plus who knows if the GR version is going to have leather like this. Best quality leather I've seen on a JB release in forever.

better than "Nike Air"

48636619165495df66fc3f97f53ac8e680bb4fa0_r.gif

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

I like the tongue better on the GR's believe it or not, I think it adds to the character of the edition. I don't, however, like the black X's all over the rest of the shoe. It's overkill and looks tacky as hell. The red one on this edition is perfect, nice and understated, which goes well with the lining and the insole. Plus who knows if the GR version is going to have leather like this. Best quality leather I've seen on a JB release in forever.

better than "Nike Air"

Meh, I'm not a Nike Air complainer like a lot of the guys on the forum.  For the most part, it's not that big of a deal to me.  And I'm an older guy who grew up wearing the editions of Jordans that a lot of younger guys on here wish they'd put out in today's market.  The Jumpman logo is something I've loved since as far back as I can remember, when he was still just a dude who could light up Larry Bird but couldn't get past the Bad Boy Pistons.  I used to sketch it all the time endlessly and even though I've been a Knick fan since birth, idolized him.  Everyone did.  Many a day I spent in my driveway imagining I was the man himself in his shoes.  So I don't mind having it on retros, it's the best logo ever created in my humble opinion.

For this particular shoe, I just like the X on the tongue.  I'm a fan of the Banned theme, it's a great special edition of a classic shoe/colorway, it's a cool composition.   I think the X'd out tongue adds to the aesthetics.  The reason I don't like the GR version is because the black X's are just all over the place, the sides, the back, it's too much.  It takes away from the overall theme of the shoe and it just makes it look sloppy.

better than "Nike Air"

Meh, I'm not a Nike Air complainer like a lot of the guys on the forum.  For the most part, it's not that big of a deal to me.  And I'm an older guy who grew up wearing the editions of Jordans that a lot of younger guys on here wish they'd put out in today's market.  The Jumpman logo is something I've loved since as far back as I can remember, when he was still just a dude who could light up Larry Bird but couldn't get past the Bad Boy Pistons.  I used to sketch it all the time endlessly and even though I've been a Knick fan since birth, idolized him.  Everyone did.  Many a day I spent in my driveway imagining I was the man himself in his shoes.  So I don't mind having it on retros, it's the best logo ever created in my humble opinion.

For this particular shoe, I just like the X on the tongue.  I'm a fan of the Banned theme, it's a great special edition of a classic shoe/colorway, it's a cool composition.   I think the X'd out tongue adds to the aesthetics.  The reason I don't like the GR version is because the black X's are just all over the place, the sides, the back, it's too much.  It takes away from the overall theme of the shoe and it just makes it look sloppy.

I'm wit you on the entire first paragragh...and somewhat the 2nd...but i think the x wasn't needed on the tongue...personally i don't like the little x's inside the sock liner. But a black X if it was the same as the "b grades" would be tolerable...

better than "Nike Air"

I'm wit you on the entire first paragragh...and somewhat the 2nd...but i think the x wasn't needed on the tongue...personally i don't like the little x's inside the sock liner. But a black X if it was the same as the "b grades" would be tolerable...
Yeah, I think it's a matter of taste.  I like the liner a lot actually, for some reason I'm a big fan of flashy aspects of clothing or shoes that people can't see, (i.e. liners, the underside of cuffs...etc.).  Big fan of the gingham lining on this year's AF1's.

I could deal with a black X just on the back, but the ones on the side just look sloppy IMO.  The red is way, way better.  I like that someone would really have to be looking hard at these to notice they were a special edition.

It's funny how these are being labeled the B grades though.  I sold my other pair to a dude who kept calling them B-grades, and I kept correcting him, as if it was offensive to refer to them with that label.

^^ if they were both to release in the same day w/o any hype bs, which one would you get? in your humble opinion!

Originally Posted by bnesdatruth

The Gr ones are starting to Grow on me. Too much hype on this outlet release. Ima Just wait till they Drop. Plus the ones Comming out are more unique.
The hell you say. Lol but serious, buy what you like. I personally think the GR version will be disgusting garbage but to each his own. Dont worry about the Gr ones, theyll most certainly be around for a while and be mass discounted (just like the DMP 1s were). I like how JB executed this release. The true fans who wanted excellent quality and Nike Air were forced to do work or cough up the cash to but from a reseller. The occasional fan and those who didnt want to pay extra to get the outlet version can get the GR version.

W T F ^ True Fan? The hell are you talking bout. Don't say I'm not a true fan because I don't got a whip to go to a outlet and not paying Re-sale prices. Btw both Shoes are equally as good imo.

Originally Posted by vipersupra

^^ if they were both to release in the same day w/o any hype bs, which one would you get? in your humble opinion!

Oh no doubt the ones that dropped at outlets.  Not a fan of the GR's, mostly due to the overkill with the black X's.   Plus isn't the leather going to be different? No way I'd make that sacrifice.

Originally Posted by sthebest

I like how JB executed this release. The true fans who wanted excellent quality and Nike Air were forced to do work or cough up the cash to but from a reseller.
i guess i'm a true fan.
laugh.gif
  i don't know, i just know that I DID own a pair of the 1985 versions.  i can say that the outlet version has good quality and is more aimed towards the original idea of the 1st air jordan.  yeah, the shape isn't totally the same, but i do appreciate jordan brand using better materials and using nike air on the tongue.  i am a harsh critic of jordan brand, but i agree, i like how they executed this release.  i hope the royal 1's come out like this too.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

There's absolutely NOTHING that can be said that will make the alleged retail version of this release acceptable. NOTHING. #TheEnd

True fan??? Most true fans couldn't even cop because they didn't even release in major cities such as Philadelphia. This was more of a release for the small towns and the middle of no where outlets where jordan fans probably don't get too much heat due to not have boutiques or certain sneaker stores.

Originally Posted by bnesdatruth

The Gr ones are starting to Grow on me. Too much hype on this outlet release. Ima Just wait till they Drop. Plus the ones Comming out are more unique.
Generaiya lol'd
20b0obk.gif

I'm glad I don't have $250 to spend because if i did, after I saw that banned shirt/camo's fit, I'd have to cop a pair...

Originally Posted by COBYATCH

got my freshnes shirt, just need to find the shoes at a reasonable price hahah. what would you guys says is a good price for a sz. 11?

so you bought a shirt....before you had the shoes?
roll.gif

but anywhere from 220-280

yeah hahah
laugh.gif

i was actually gonna buy some bred dmp 1's from my friend but it doesn't feel right wearing them with the "banned" shirt yaknow lol.

Man banned camp is no fun
laugh.gif
. That outfit up there really has me itching to order the shirt and camo shorts... and I hate camo shorts.

And the people arguing black vs. red laces. I just ask myself, what would MJ do?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

f1246_sprite-slam-dunk-contest-trendsetters-michael-jordan-2-1.jpg

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Man banned camp is no fun
laugh.gif
. That outfit up there really has me itching to order the shirt and camo shorts... and I hate camo shorts.

And the people arguing black vs. red laces. I just ask myself, what would MJ do?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

f1246_sprite-slam-dunk-contest-trendsetters-michael-jordan-2-1.jpg
Generaiya is ready to un-DS his pair after seeing this pic, wow 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

True fan??? Most true fans couldn't even cop because they didn't even release in major cities such as Philadelphia. This was more of a release for the small towns and the middle of no where outlets where jordan fans probably don't get too much heat due to not have boutiques or certain sneaker stores.
There's no outlet in Philadelphia...there's on in A/C though...where they did, in fact, release.  All of 45 mins away...Not sure what "true fan couldn't" cop these...if you wanted them, then you have them...there were plenty to go around

Originally Posted by apthekid

There's no outlet in Philadelphia...there's on in A/C though...where they did, in fact, release.  All of 45 mins away...Not sure what "true fan couldn't" cop these...if you wanted them, then you have them...there were plenty to go around

Someone who works a 9-5, thats who.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Someone who works a 9-5, thats who.

i wk a 9a-5p monday-friday......... so Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom