Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see you trapped

another thing to realize is that there are hardcore enthusiasts who ONLY collect OG and special edition 1s. Especially in Japan. It's really like a subculture in sneaker collecting. These only dropped in US outlets and weren't available in the rest of the world. And people in other parts of the world will pay BIG money for a DS pair just for collection purposes. And consider this, a DS pair of these is currently going on the bottom end of the scale for what a DS pair of 1985s with the box would go for. They go for more than the 1994 and 2001 retros despite being only 2 years old. AND the demand is so strong on these, they pushed up the value of those POS DMP Bulls 1s to $200.

Of all the shoes that have released and will released by Jordan Brand, THESE are the opus. The most special because it represents the founding on the whole Jordan Brand. The leather is so supple it only creases slightly because of the distressing and soft nature. The three special sets of laces, need i remind you all, had Imagine If? on the tips. Not to mention that the type of insole that was used on the Banned 1s has a silky feel and tells the story of why the shoe was made. No..these will NEVER drop in price.
So much truth.

Seattle Premium Outlets are about an hr from Canada..

There were several collectors that made the trip and stayed overnight to get pairs..

In addition there were a couple cats buying pairs off people in line..

So they could be shipped to their "clients" in Asia..

Price of these will remain consistent with what we are seeing now..

Even when the next 1s drop.

So now are we hyping the banned 1's or the black/red colorway of the air Jordan 1? The banned 1 is an amazing shoe but let's not forget that the first reason we were attracted to the shoe was the Nike air branding on the tongue as opposed to the commemorative what if and the date the shoe was released and banned. If the leather and all this was the case, they wouldn't have been going for $200 on eBay 3 months after release.

These things don't hold any real value but it is definitely different from a hobby of eating or consuming or something. Within the first decade, you should at least be able to make your money back. But I don't know why people cream over the original retros or the older models. I copped a pair of DS, plastic-wrapped 2001 True Blue 3s only for that POS to fall apart after a few wears. One of the reasons I'm leaving the shoe game is because 2012's Jordans, for the most part, seriously sucked in terms of quality but cost as much as some very expensive artisan-handmade leather chukkas from some farmer in Maine. It makes no sense. This post makes no sense. End roid rage. 

These things don't hold any real value but it is definitely different from a hobby of eating or consuming or something. Within the first decade, you should at least be able to make your money back. But I don't know why people cream over the original retros or the older models. I copped a pair of DS, plastic-wrapped 2001 True Blue 3s only for that POS to fall apart after a few wears. One of the reasons I'm leaving the shoe game is because 2012's Jordans, for the most part, seriously sucked in terms of quality but cost as much as some very expensive artisan-handmade leather chukkas from some farmer in Maine. It makes no sense. This post makes no sense. End roid rage. 
I hear you on 3's falling apart. But the thing with 1s is they last forever. 1985's are still wearable. 

What y'all think of some VNDS banned worn once but pass as DS for 560 shipped. 

Insane for an Air Jordan 1, ridiculous for a worn pair of shoes, outrageous for a shoe that retailed for $110. But all that means NOTHING if you have that kind of money to burn bro.

What y'all think of some VNDS banned worn once but pass as DS for 560 shipped. 
you could find a ds pair for that much,just be patient, but if youve been looking id say jump on it if you truly need the shoes right now
I wouldnt even pay that much for a ds pair i think max you should pay is 400 somebody is tryna rip you off pretty good
retouching the scarcity subject this thread got to earlier, i dont think a ds pair is coming around for $400, vnds is what to expect for the $400-500 range in some places.

wait for someone to post a DS pair to e-bay/SC/nt in the 5-700$ range and talk them down.
more likely to talk someone down on craigslist, most dudes on ebay/sc/nt are looking to cash out with a bin price. all just a matter of being patient

laugh.gif

Sad, but true.  As for the True Blues, plastic wrapping them is what caused that crumbling.

True. I was finally pushed over the edge with the royals and na 3s. Instead of paying $300-400 resell for each just bought a pair of actual quality sneakers from Balenciaga at $595. Still expensive... but retail, great quality, and something different I won't see on everyone's feet.

Really done with Jordans now after buying the BC4 and them being so uncomfortable.
that back plastic piece screws with me while im driving, i gotta tuck my pants into the shoe cause its so uncomfortable

LOL at everyone complaining about JB quality in 2012. It is what it is. Buy or don't. You all sound so stupid complaining about the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Just leave Jordan Brand and be done with it already. I think the quality is fine. Not great, but good enough. 160-180 isn't even that expensive. What do you expect.

LOL at everyone complaining about JB quality in 2012. It is what it is. Buy or don't. You all sound so stupid complaining about the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Just leave Jordan Brand and be done with it already. I think the quality is fine. Not great, but good enough. 160-180 isn't even that expensive. What do you expect.

It is what it is.... I mean, you have the heads who been in the game for awhile now who are truly appalled with the quality-- and rightfully so... 12's used to be straight up tanks.... no mas. But then you've got the dudes who just can't afford to scoop every retro and feel some type of way about it-- and use the quality excuse to justify their no purchase... like anyone cares. If only they could all be Banned and Vegas 1 quality.

It is what it is.... I mean, you have the heads who been in the game for awhile now who are truly appalled with the quality-- and rightfully so... 12's used to be straight up tanks.... no mas. But then you've got the dudes who just can't afford to scoop every retro and feel some type of way about it-- and use the quality excuse to justify their no purchase... like anyone cares. If only they could all be Banned and Vegas 1 quality.
Good points...I'm just over it with the quality complaints. We get it, it's not what it used to be, now stop it. They quality was better back then because the demand was lower. I think the quality is actually pretty good these days considering HOW HIGH THE DEMAND IS NOW. They could put out waaaaaaay worse quality and it would still sell out every time. Shoes don't sit on shelves like they used to, so why should they spend extra on quality? It's not even that bad...it's just become "cool" to complain about the quality...like it lets everyone know that you've been around long enough to remember when it was better. It's been half a decade since we've seen good quality, so let's just accept it.

I picked up a pair ds sz 10.5 for 300 last month from a local sneaker group. You can find them for a decent price, just gotta be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom