Air Jordan 1 HI OG “ROYAL TOE” - Spring 2020

These are dope, even if theyll inevitably be pushed later than current release. As someone who struck out on OG royals and couldn’t stomach resale, happy with these as a consolation prize.

What? Unless you are a very rare size, Royal prices were like $20-$30 above retail at their lowest point in 2017.

Considering theres not much blue on the sneaker, I wonder how they would look with the blue laces.

I wouldn't mind these either. Also struck out on royals because I overslept from staying up all night the previous night for Kaws 4 that never dropped

What? Unless you are a very rare size, Royal prices were like $20-$30 above retail at their lowest point in 2017.
I believe I saw size 9 at 300 range after the drop for royals. Could be wrong though. Unless you're talking about the blue chicagos. Don't know the official name of what they called it, but the chicago style color blocking. Then yea, those were basically 20 over retail.

I believe I saw size 9 at 300 range after the drop for royals. Could be wrong though. Unless you're talking about the blue chicagos. Don't know the official name of what they called it, but the chicago style color blocking. Then yea, those were basically 20 over retail.

Nah, I’m talking about 2017 OG Royal 1s. I took an L on release day and ended up doubling up. Ended up buying one pair on StockX a week or two after release pairs shipped and prices came waaaaay down. I wear a size 11 though.

Nah, I’m talking about 2017 OG Royal 1s. I took an L on release day and ended up doubling up. Ended up buying one pair on StockX a week or two after release pairs shipped and prices came waaaaay down. I wear a size 11 though.
That could be it then. Unfortunately, it sucks being part of the money size group. Lots of shoes are way cheaper in those bigger sizes. I heard the bigger sizes used to be the money sizes a long time ago.

That could be it then. Unfortunately, it sucks being part of the money size group. Lots of shoes are way cheaper in those bigger sizes. I heard the bigger sizes used to be the money sizes a long time ago.

Yep, I’ve been buying retros since 2002 so I can definitely vouch that was the case. I remember during the 1st wave of SB Dunk hype during 2005-2007, finding bigger sizes was a pretty big challenge. Distribution was far less centralized back then as well (since online sales were far less common) so it was a mission trying to find sizes at times.

EDIT: Typo on year

Last edited:
Yep, I’ve been buying retros since 2002 so I can definitely vouch that was the case. I remember during the 1st wave of SB Dunk hype during 2005-2005, finding bigger sizes was a pretty big challenge. Distribution was far less centralized back then as well (since online sales were far less common) so it was a mission trying to find sizes at times.
Facts.

That group didn't exist back then. All the 9.5 and below started becoming a thing in the past year to year and a half.

They made more royals than they made previous OG I's and they weren't that expensive at all until the past year.

That group didn't exist back then. All the 9.5 and below started becoming a thing in the past year to year and a half.

They made more royals than they made previous OG I's and they weren't that expensive at all until the past year.

All of this. The Asian market also grew as China’s middle class has been growing (especially since the early 2000s) but, most importantly, sites like StockX/GOAT and e-commerce in general has become far more global than it used to be. Back in the day, I remember people on eBay would post items/shoes and specify “US SALES ONLY.” (They could still very well do this now but eBay is not a good place to buy shoes so I don’t buy from individual, independent eBay sellers anymore)

Saw this and I’m sold.
56709109-8EB5-4B10-8707-BEA0B2536A43.png

These are a must-cop. But I am really afraid that I could not compete with all the resellers. Why has sneaker buying turned into such a dreadful event?

These are a must-cop. But I am really afraid that I could not compete with all the resellers. Why has sneaker buying turned into such a dreadful event?

Let’s hope these are produced in Gym Red numbers. If they are, they shouldn’t be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom