Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
1s, chucks, and vans are probably the only shoes that look just as good beat as they do brand new IMO.

I wear mine a lot, especially to work out in. The more I wear them the softer the leather is getting. They are one of my most versatile shoes in my closet.

if you get em wit an employee discount maybe but i cant see having 6 pairs of a jordan 1 even tho its n/a
I can. 
smile.gif

^
exactly, it's also the least necessary J to double up on because they never crack or anything. They're tanks!
They are certainly tanks. 
smile.gif

and the soles not goin anywhere... all the way around stitching, not just toe stitching
True story. Hopeful durability for years to come. 
smile.gif

Just curious, what do you do with all your extra pairs? I assume one t wear, one for display and the others....in case the wearable gets turned into beaters?
No displays. Do ppl display their shoes? I wear mine. I'll wear all of these eventually. If not, then I'll sell what's left down the road. 
smile.gif

Was in Oakland at Heiroglyphics day saw a bunch of people with them on which makes sense since these shoes go with raiders gear really well

HEIRO!! I miss those guys. I'll take that music over 97% of the crap thats out these days.

These will be the joints everyone slept on this year and in the next few years cats will go back to find once the black/red and Royal hype dies down.

Every time I rock mine my cousin hits me like "Damn son, I sort of want those now"

When will the royals or black/red hype ever slow down? I dont see that happening.

Was in Oakland at Heiroglyphics day saw a bunch of people with them on which makes sense since these shoes go with raiders gear really well

HEIRO!! I miss those guys. I'll take that music over 97% of the crap thats out these days.

These will be the joints everyone slept on this year and in the next few years cats will go back to find once the black/red and Royal hype dies down.

Every time I rock mine my cousin hits me like "Damn son, I sort of want those now"

When will the royals or black/red hype ever slow down? I dont see that happening.

Every shoes hype dies down.

You see anyone dropping outrageous amounts on concords anymore?

Every shoe hype dies down? No, normally kicks peak and then go down some and remain around a certain amount.

Concord prices have been hurt by all the grey markets and fakes on the market, but they're still over $300.

concords? Really? I dont see those available for less than $300-$350 (size 10.5). its more then they were going for when released. You could have copped for less than that a couple of months after release. That hype wont die down. Wont see those for less than $300 brand new, and if you do, its an air randy special.

Maybe some shoes lose their hype. Royals cant lose their hype based on the amount of pairs available. Throw in the fakes and those are even more difficult.

I think I know what you mean, but i dont agree with royals and black/red losing hype. Shadows will always be pretty available to grab.

Watch. Try to go back and cop a pair in 3-4 years.

It'll be like trying to find a pair of Varsity Red VI's for a decent price. You snooze, you lose.

hype dies down, but once you turn your back for a few months.... BOOM! varsity red VI numbers

i love when 1s yellow and are creased, i was thinking about taking all of my 1s out of the boxes and having them yellow early naturally. i still stuff them but dont wear force fields or anything to prevent creasing

look a lil better than i thought

View media item 564832

how did you get the yellow midsole? love the look

Last edited:
Still lovin these. Pretty much my beaters and no need for another pair. Such a neutral cw. Only thing is i may swap out for an updated insole cause outside of the n/a nostalgia printed on em, they still thin and crappy.

it always happen, once the decent priced ones are gone... the only ones left are the high priced ones, people have no choice & that becomes the norm price

Last edited:
Man the only complaint I had about the heiro show was keek the sneak not really my style but it is the town and thats how they get down other than that great food music girls and sunshine what a labor day

hype dies down, but once you turn your back for a few months.... BOOM! varsity red VI numbers

i love when 1s yellow and are creased, i was thinking about taking all of my 1s out of the boxes and having them yellow early naturally. i still stuff them but dont wear force fields or anything to prevent creasing

View media item 564832

how did you get the yellow midsole? love the look

no idea
they are always in my trunk

View media item 564832
nice, i love the yellow but that jumpman on the heel has to go lol PM me if you want to know how to do it (remove the jumpman that is)

I think PRIME meant more in the sense of when ppl get over a shoe and afterwards either move on to a new release or catch up on releases they overlooked. 

Prices will settle at wherever it wants and ppl will either pay it or forget it and worry about the next release.

That's how I interpreted it at least lol

I think PRIME meant more in the sense of when ppl get over a shoe and afterwards either move on to a new release or catch up on releases they overlooked. 

Prices will settle at wherever it wants and ppl will either pay it or forget it and worry about the next release.

That's how I interpreted it at least lol

That is exactly how I meant it, thank you :lol:

putting some 5mm waxed laces on my shadows for the coming cold/wet months:

waxed on left shoe (right side of photo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom