Air Jordan 1 High OG CO.JP Thread - “Tokyo” & “Midnight Navy”

Don't really want to pay resale, if I miss out that's fine. This is the first Jordan I'm going after since Royal 1s a few years ago (and before those were Bred XI years before that lol) and I've entered 4 SP raffles instore, then Bait, Feature, and DTLR online. I might go hit up one or two more SP today.

Don't really want to pay resale, if I miss out that's fine. This is the first Jordan I'm going after since Royal 1s a few years ago (and before those were Bred XI years before that lol) and I've entered 4 SP raffles instore, then Bait, Feature, and DTLR online. I might go hit up one or two more SP today.
I didn’t see the dtlr raffle, do you know if it’s still up?

Thanks all for the links. At first I told myself I didn't want these since I've had two pairs of the '01 silver metallic mids. Then I told myself I want these again since I could never find the '01 Japan high tops in my 11.5-12.

might have to do the same after the boys eat on Friday. Just one time I like to hit on the Nike app

Pretty much. These weren't popular in 01. Now it seems like these are a must have on social media.

Things were different 20 years ago. Now you have "influencers", social media, brands, resellers etc all doing their best to hype every product. Of course there were hyped products decades ago, but it was not as easy to promote things back then.

Also, just because something wasn't popular 20 years ago doesn't mean it should stay that way now. Things change, just buy and wear what you like when you like, no reason to fret about what was popular in the past and what might be popular in the future.

Sentimental value for me :nthat:

Plus I love this colorway

These shoes and I have some good memories dating back to elementary school

This was the 2nd shoe that kicked off my sneaker obsession (Black Cement 3s in ‘01 started it all for me)

Things were different 20 years ago. Now you have "influencers", social media, brands, resellers etc all doing their best to hype every product. Of course there were hyped products decades ago, but it was not as easy to promote things back then.

Also, just because something wasn't popular 20 years ago doesn't mean it should stay that way now. Things change, just buy and wear what you like when you like, no reason to fret about what was popular in the past and what might be popular in the future.

I disagree. If a Jordan model/color was good, the people flocked onto it. It was truly organic. Everything now is artificial with people buying based off of resell potential and what they saw other people telling them to buy. The Black/Red and Black/Royal were popular back in 2001. The Silver pair was the red headed stepchild of the trio.

1596656045061.png

Here's an on-foot of my mids I took in 2014. I bought these because they were cheap ($75 barely worn off the bay), colorway was neutral and easy to wear with anything, quality was great, and it was a pretty uncommon shoe at the time. I wanted these or the white/navy. Loved them though. Didn't worry about what the consensus was on them then or now.

The wife hit on the Japan 1's at jimmy jazz and the Satin snakes at shoe palace, both in my size since she didn't want the snakes. Meanwhile, I struck out on them all lol.

Back
Top Bottom