Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG “Sports Illustrated”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
giphy.gif

I picked these up last weekend at FTL, I used my bday coupon so I was happy.
They had the crimson joints, but I probably wouldn’t wear them, so I passed
The color scheme on these works better for me

Blacked out my swoosh as well. Might be a bit more boring, but I like black/white/red. I used a few coats of Angelus black paint with "2-Soft" additive. Might have to do a bit more, as you can still kinda see some of the color separation from the original stripes.

fa8h8zhf72721.jpg

Doing this tonight. Way cleaner look. The quality on these go overlooked I like this leather over a lot of other 1s I own. Being able to black out the check and the quality is made me keep these

Started working just need my red leather laces and I’m done. Like the black check with red piping way better than a janky red check. Was going to do the customary black leather pair but I’m curious. Still Ds btw
94F5EA8F-9BF1-4C20-95C5-8D2021EB198A.jpeg

Heya! Just ordered a pair (my first pair of Jordan's) and was wondering if anyone could help me out with the painting of the stripe! I've done some research and watched a couple vids, but I was hoping one of you who'd done it could tell me what I need to do to get em black! Is there any difference in the paint used since they're threads? Do I need a dry iron or heat gun to set the paint in after? Thanks for any help!

I would figure it's easier to remove the thread and paint the leather swoosh black

I'm no customizer though

Hahaha!! The .gif's got me ROTFL, so I had to exit and come back in here to take another look. Those look pretty good my man! Curious...you gonna add the red piping as well? I'm curious if that will add a nicer finish to the swoosh or if it'll be a touch too much...? Could kind of go either way.

I've been rocking mine with the green laces predominately, since release. The green has been perfect for Spring. I've had the black set in for one rock as well. Was happy with that but back to green for St. Patty's yesterday.

I'm thinking I'm done rocking these for quite some time. Next time they'll probably be rocked is if I go to Dirks last home game (still holding my tickets for now...may sell since prices are skyrocketing and we can't tell if he's bowing out for sure or not yet.....Sigh! Probably go ahead and list if he passes Wilt C. tonight)....But after that, they're done until Christmas. At which point, I'll be rocking with Red laces for the holiday season. :D:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom