Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Defiant $175

Boy... was in line for 700’s and these at a boutique this morning but hit on SNKRS before they opened... so thankful... that boutique is final sale! These might not be sticking around unless there is some other aspect that blows me away.

I feel like that crease is the result of wearing a sneaker thats way too big.

That part is irrelevant, really. Too big or not, it’s the type of material used there. Anyone who doesn’t baby that area of the shoe, and allows it to bend in any way for an extended period of time, will create that effect. That’s based on materials used. It looked like a softer leather in original pics, now it looks stiffer and even more synthetic.

Last edited:
But don’t we get a higher priced kick around ASG for the last few years .... chameleons, lasers.

Those were the only two and I believe lasers always have had a higher pricetag (i.e. laser 4s this year). The chameleon cw also were higher priced for the 6s and 31s that released as well. City of Flights were the usual $160.

That part is irrelevant, really. Too big or not, it’s the type of material used there. Anyone who doesn’t baby that area of the shoe, and allows it to bend in any way for an extended period of time, will create that effect. That’s based on materials used. It looked like a softer leather in original pics, now it looks stiffer and even more synthetic.

100%

Some of the OG 1 lows from a few years ago had this same problem as well. I recall my Royal lows having really crappy toebox material like this.

Those were the only two and I believe lasers always have had a higher pricetag (i.e. laser 4s this year). The chameleon cw also were higher priced for the 6s and 31s that released as well. City of Flights were the usual $160.
That's how they try and get everyone buying at the higher price point. Whether it be lasering, All-star, Wings, Gatorade, or collabs, i.e. Union, Kaws, Levi's, OVO, Travis Scott. They do it with older/ Jumpman mold 1's too. They may add a aglet here, "better" material there, make it more limited and/ or initially release a shoe like its more limited than it really is, then raise the price. Example: you have 23NY which was $140, better than usual materials, and initially limited. Next day Jeter's for $160, better materials, limited. Then you get a super limited Frag collab with new mold at $190. Then the first release in 2015 is "Anniversary" "Lasers" for $185, DSM's $185, then you drop long awaited NA Chi's, for less than those for $160. BOOM, standard is $160 now. Also if you compare that to the premium $400 Pinnacles, that's a steal. They just try to rinse and repeat the process.

Last edited:
These are trash

I rather actually just have cyber Monday 1’s.

Hell the sail 1’s with some of the most butter leather around deserve more love than these.

That's how they try and get everyone buying at the higher price point. Whether it be lasering, All-star, Wings, Gatorade, or collabs, i.e. Union, Kaws, Levi's, OVO, Travis Scott. They do it with older/ Jumpman mold 1's too. They may add a aglet here, "better" material there, make it more limited and/ or initially release a shoe like its more limited than it really is, then raise the price. Example: you have 23NY which was $140, better than usual materials, and initially limited. Next day Jeter's for $160, better materials, limited. Then you get a super limited Frag collab with new mold at $190. Then the first release in 2015 is "Anniversary" "Lasers" for $185, DSM's $185, then you drop long awaited NA Chi's, for less than those for $160. BOOM, standard is $160 now. Also if you compare that to the premium $400 Pinnacles, that's a steal. They just try to rinse and repeat the process.

Wow, this is depressingly accurate.

Seen a few fb videos of a dude folding shoe in hand and no way they creased liked that one viral pic. Seems kinda fishy. Not defending this shoe but just easy to feed the haters lol

Seen a few fb videos of a dude folding shoe in hand and no way they creased liked that one viral pic. Seems kinda fishy. Not defending this shoe but just easy to feed the haters lol
Yep on ig too. Def the picture is fake

Back
Top Bottom