AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

JB pleeaaaeeee give us that 2006 DMP chunky mid cut shape
IMG_4777.jpeg

Im cool with the leather upper. I just hope it’s good quality tumbled leather. White mesh from JB has been horrible for years. Aging as it sits.

Embroidered Jumpman is also a + my 06 started to peel 10yrs later and I store my stuff correctly.

All positives to me
Agreed.

I even wouldn’t mind if they made the jumpman metal like the jubilees.

I still wish these didn’t deviate so much from the regular DMPs as I feel these changes make this an entirely new shoe. That being said, for an entirely new shoe, it’s still nice and I’m definitely going to grab a pair 🙏🏽

Diversity is the spice of life, why want something exactly the same? If anything we should want them to be better than the original. That being said these new XIs aren’t comfortable anyway.

Diversity is the spice of life, why want something exactly the same?
This goes against everything NT stands for when it comes to Jordan’s :lol:

Every single OG release (obviously this isn’t one but they’re being dubbed “DMP’s” which would mean they’re supposed to be the same shoe as past) we’re all screaming for them to be 1:1 copies of the OG’s as much as possible.

Stitching the jumpman is small but added with changing the mesh out for leather makes these almost a completely different shoe from the DMP’s. They may be “quality of life” improvements but they’re still changes. It’s not like mesh is inherently bad.. would everyone feel the same if the Concords got changed from mesh to leather? Would we still consider them Concords?

If we want them to be “better”, make the soles cloudy / milky and not icy so we can eliminate yellowing once and for all. All in favor?

This goes against everything NT stands for when it comes to Jordan’s :lol:

Every single OG release (obviously this isn’t one but they’re being dubbed “DMP’s” which would mean they’re supposed to be the same shoe as past) we’re all screaming for them to be 1:1 copies of the OG’s as much as possible.

Stitching the jumpman is small but added with changing the mesh out for leather makes these almost a completely different shoe from the DMP’s. They may be “quality of life” improvements but they’re still changes. It’s not like mesh is inherently bad.. would everyone feel the same if the Concords got changed from mesh to leather? Would we still consider them Concords?

If we want them to be “better”, make the soles cloudy / milky and not icy so we can eliminate yellowing once and for all. All in favor?

This release isn't about improving the original DMP or anything else. It's about stretching the revenue on what is in many ways the same shoe, over and over again and getting consumers to go along with it. Yes, every release is about making money, period, but here's JB with a way to sell hundreds of millions worth of Concords repeatedly while avoiding the perception they're played out or releasing too often.
Here's the 2018 Concord, sold out on Day 1.
Now here's the 2023 "DMP," which will likely sell out Day 1. But it's not the same shoe as the actual Concords.
Maybe up next in a couple/few more years are the Concords again, but with 23 on the heel instead of 45. Another instant sellout.
And then comes a retro of the ACTUAL original DMP, which everyone will eat up because it's the ACTUAL DMP and different to this year's release lol.
It wouldn't be a surprise to me to see these all drop by 2027 or 2028, which would mean JB dropped four variations of the white/black "Concord" XI colorway--a shoe it knows is massively desired by a ton of people--within a nine or 10 year span. Even if JB stretched it out till 2030, that's effectively four "Concord" drops within 12 years, versus only dropping the true Concords once every seven years or so.
Obviously I'm guessing at all this stuff, but it looks pretty obvious to me what's going on and what's to come.

This release isn't about improving the original DMP or anything else. It's about stretching the revenue on what is in many ways the same shoe, over and over again and getting consumers to go along with it. Yes, every release is about making money, period, but here's JB with a way to sell hundreds of millions worth of Concords repeatedly while avoiding the perception they're played out or releasing too often.
Here's the 2018 Concord, sold out on Day 1.
Now here's the 2023 "DMP," which will likely sell out Day 1. But it's not the same shoe as the actual Concords.
Maybe up next in a couple/few more years are the Concords again, but with 23 on the heel instead of 45. Another instant sellout.
And then comes a retro of the ACTUAL original DMP, which everyone will eat up because it's the ACTUAL DMP and different to this year's release lol.
It wouldn't be a surprise to me to see these all drop by 2027 or 2028, which would mean JB dropped four variations of the white/black "Concord" XI colorway--a shoe it knows is massively desired by a ton of people--within a nine or 10 year span. Even if JB stretched it out till 2030, that's effectively four "Concord" drops within 12 years, versus only dropping the true Concords once every seven years or so.
Obviously I'm guessing at all this stuff, but it looks pretty obvious to me what's going on and what's to come.
Yeah I agree with what you’re saying.

I’m more so baffled that people are arguing that we should want “new and improved” versions of shoes when we’re discussing a shoe originally released in 1995 on a forum where threads regarding OG colorways constantly dive into stitch patterns being changed from the original versions, and elephant print being half an inch too high on the front toe box on a pair of 3’s someone just bought so they’re gonna sell them and find a pair with a lower EP. M

You can’t have it both ways - either we want them the same or we want them improved. If people want the DMP’s (or most 11’s) “improved” and variety is the spice of life, why do we even still like icy soles that turn piss yellow over time?

Yeah I agree with what you’re saying.

I’m more so baffled that people are arguing that we should want “new and improved” versions of shoes when we’re discussing a shoe originally released in 1995 on a forum where threads regarding OG colorways constantly dive into stitch patterns being changed from the original versions, and elephant print being half an inch too high on the front toe box on a pair of 3’s someone just bought so they’re gonna sell them and find a pair with a lower EP. M

You can’t have it both ways - either we want them the same or we want them improved. If people want the DMP’s (or most 11’s) “improved” and variety is the spice of life, why do we even still like icy soles that turn piss yellow over time?

I can't speak for other people. Personally, I always just want the classic OG colorways and the shoes themselves to be as close to the OGs as possible. I'm not worried about "improved" versions that change the OGs. I have no desire for a tumbled-leather or smooth-leather "DMP" XI. Regarding such a new build as "improved" is a matter of personal preference. The Cordura nylon upper is one of the things I always liked most about XIs, and I much prefer it over leather versions.
Personally, I'd be fine with JB just releasing Concords every three or four years and not screwing around with all this other stuff. Hell, I only bought the original DMP because it was as close as I could get to a factory-fresh pair of Concords, not because I actually wanted a white/black XI with gold accents and black traction pods on the outsole. I still have two DS pairs of 2018 Concords plus a lightly worn pair (which I wouldn't have had to stock up on if JB did what I wanted and released that shoe every couple/few years), so I have zero need for a leather variation of an original variation I only bought in the first place because it was almost a real Concord :lol:

I can't speak for other people. Personally, I always just want the classic OG colorways and the shoes themselves to be as close to the OGs as possible. I'm not worried about "improved" versions that change the OGs. I have no desire for a tumbled-leather or smooth-leather "DMP" XI. Regarding such a new build as "improved" is a matter of personal preference. The Cordura nylon upper is one of the things I always liked most about XIs, and I much prefer it over leather versions.
Personally, I'd be fine with JB just releasing Concords every three or four years and not screwing around with all this other stuff. Hell, I only bought the original DMP because it was as close as I could get to a factory-fresh pair of Concords, not because I actually wanted a white/black XI with gold accents and black traction pods on the outsole. I still have two DS pairs of 2018 Concords plus a lightly worn pair (which I wouldn't have had to stock up on if JB did what I wanted and released that shoe every couple/few years), so I have zero need for a leather variation of an original variation I only bought in the first place because it was almost a real Concord :lol:
I’m just going with the flow at this point. I have 2 pairs of DS Concords and I will get 2-3 pairs of these. I can make sure I keep all of my Concords in great shape until the OG retros again…if they somehow don’t jack them up. Plus, these will give me future trade bait if necessary.

I’m just going with the flow at this point. I have 2 pairs of DS Concords and I will get 2-3 pairs of these. I can make sure I keep all of my Concords in great shape until the OG retros again…if they somehow don’t jack them up. Plus, these will give me future trade bait if necessary.

You don’t need these. Just like me, the Concords will be back before you get anywhere near busting up the Concords you already have :lol:
I mean, in six months it’s already five years since Concords dropped. Which is terrifying lol
But I bet they’re back with 23 on the heel by 2026.

You don’t need these. Just like me, the Concords will be back before you get anywhere near busting up the Concords you already have :lol:
I mean, in six months it’s already five years since Concords dropped. Which is terrifying lol
But I bet they’re back with 23 on the heel by 2026.
I told you, I’m Italian. I love gold and leather. I do NEED these. :lol:

Only way I won’t cop is if they jack them up and they look dog ugly like Rosie O’Donnell.

Back
Top Bottom