Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Don’t y’all that have the 2012 already get excited for these?

I have a near DS Bordeaux 7 and Aqua 8 and Id be ecstatic if they dropped again next year.

I was hoping for the cool greys as I’m still on my cdps and haven’t worn either of my two pairs of the last blk/reds

Well, you know to expect them in either 2020 or 2021. I want them too. I refuse to buy 2010 GC nonsense.

I have a near DS Bordeaux 7 and Aqua 8 and Id be ecstatic if they dropped again next year.
I have never owned a retro of these. I got scammed twice on ebay in early 2000s trying to get the 01 pair. Had zero interest in the 2012 pair. Yeah, Im ready.

^ That sucks man. I'm really hoping they make a lot of these (Nike R&D folks, I hope you're reading this). Over the years I've noticed when NTers talk about how they found NT, this shoe and colorway always comes up. So many people were looking for information on how to get this shoe that Christmas. I was at the right place at the right time then.

Well, you know to expect them in either 2020 or 2021. I want them too. I refuse to buy 2010 GC nonsense.
I gave those away a couple weeks after getting them. Horrible shape and the blue sole was a no go. Newer heads don’t understand that 2008-2015 retros looked very weird for much more money.

I gave those away a couple weeks after getting them. Horrible shape and the blue sole was a no go. Newer heads don’t understand that 2008-2015 retros looked very weird for much more money.

They were just wrong in every way. I bought the 2011 Concords, not really knowing exactly about the quality. After getting them, I knew they weren't that great, but I kept them, why? Because my 2000 Concords separated and I needed to reglue them. Tbh, I STILL need to reglue that pair. I just wanted a fresh pair of concords to wear, that's the ONLY reason why I kept the 2011 version. I'm so slow on my shoe repairs. I have so much to fix, and when I finally do, I will post them somewhere on NT. I spent a lot of time looking at how to repair different types of shoes, and looking at the proper materials to buy to make all the necessary fixes in my shoes. But after learning about the 2011 Concords, I refused to buy any XI from that era. I did cop the 09 SJ's as a backup to my 2000 SJ. I have stories about all of those, if you're ever interested, see the link in my sig.

^ That sucks man. I'm really hoping they make a lot of these (Nike R&D folks, I hope you're reading this). Over the years I've noticed when NTers talk about how they found NT, this shoe and colorway always comes up. So many people were looking for information on how to get this shoe that Christmas. I was at the right place at the right time then.
I was too broke to even try for the 01 release. I wanted them. But living check to check on my own with a 3 year old son. Wasnt happening. I missed a lot between 99-04 unfortunately. The pairs I have been able to get during that period has been on ebay.

I was too broke to even try for the 01 release. I wanted them. But living check to check on my own with a 3 year old son. Wasnt happening. I missed a lot between 99-04 unfortunately. The pairs I have been able to get during that period has been on ebay.

Perfectly understandable. As much as it's fun to buy shoes and build a collection, responsibilities always come first. They're only things, they come and go.

Perfectly understandable. As much as it's fun to buy shoes and build a collection, responsibilities always come first. They're only things, they come and go.
Believe it or not, the shoe that got me all the way back into it was the black red 19 in 2004. Bought those from an Eastbay mag when I finally started to get my **** together. The pl put me back to these black red XIs so much I began to break out old VHS games and started watching again. Because I didnt know any better, thats when I started searching for all the older shoes again online. Not realizing fakes were everywhere and easy to buy. That how I got scammed. It wasnt till I started lurking here is when I got to learn a lot about the differences.

Believe it or not, the shoe that got me all the way back into it was the black red 19 in 2004. Bought those from an Eastbay mag when I finally started to get my **** together. The pl put me back to these black red XIs so much I began to break out old VHS games and started watching again. Because I didnt know any better, thats when I started searching for all the older shoes again online. Not realizing fakes were everywhere and easy to buy. That how I got scammed. It wasnt till I started lurking here is when I got to learn a lot about the differences.

You picked a good cw to come back with. Although I'm not totally fond of the XIX, I respect that blk/red cw, it looks nice. Ebay definitely better than it used to be, still gotta keep your eyes peeled if you go that route lol.

I'm super excited for these. They are the missing piece now that the Jams and cords have restored properly. These will he my 5th version of the black and red xi counting the lows. 2002s were good, 2008s were the worse xi ever, the 2012 were bad, and the lows sucked as well. The lows might have pissed me off the most out of the 3 as the Concord lows from the year prior weren't too bad, but the patent cut on the black red lows was cdp bad.

You picked a good cw to come back with. Although I'm not totally fond of the XIX, I respect that blk/red cw, it looks nice. Ebay definitely better than it used to be, still gotta keep your eyes peeled if you go that route lol.
Yeah the 19 def is not the 11:lol:. But that pl was awesome. Felt and shined like the originals did. I still have that pair just for sentimental reasons. They are pillows on feet though. But not much to look at.
Anyway, this black red XI has a lot of history and stories with myself and many others in here. I hope there are people that will tell them. I love reading those.

2012 pair was trash. Even if I had a DS pair I’d be ecstatic about these.

The real trash was that disgraceful 2015 Bred low release. I tried my pair on and it was the most uncomfortable pair of 11s I’ve ever worn-somehow I sold it to some idiot on StockX a year or two ago for almost $300.

Breh I just took in we’re getting infrared 6s, bred 4s AND these guys next year. Killer year for lovers for the OG bred colors.

Air Jordan 11 Black/Red OG
6D41C13A-4155-4F37-83CE-8EF24707FB87.jpeg

DA2AFFBC-8B45-439B-ABE4-E3402FE0D086.jpeg

C367541A-DEED-47B1-8220-BF685576C3A2.jpeg

C8711A81-9DD7-4F6E-BC9C-6575D64F2B3B.jpeg

7F7884D2-8066-4557-91A2-E0C8F6A5D623.jpeg

Yeah, because Nightwing mentioned the Concords have a polyurethane insole. It would be nice to have a pair of playoffs that you want to wear for more than 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom