Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

80EBA01A-2004-4E64-8DE9-BC392BFF10F6.jpeg

Ya but is it even possible to tie the factory laces this tight when laced up to the top eyelet? I play basketball and i’ve never felt the need to tie my shoes anywhere near this excessively tight lol.

I’m with you on this one.

In several photos, MJ’s laces appear to be about 12-18” longer than those of the original public issue.

Somewhere in the 90s literature (probably Slam/Kicks), there’s an article that discusses Jordan’s on-court sneaker preferences, which included using a brand new pair for every game, switching to low-tops and sizing up at halftime to accommodate foot-swelling. It was also discussed how the PE version of each model was molded specifically for MJ’s feet and differed significantly from the public release.

Given this information, it seems plausible that Jordan could have requested and been granted longer laces, if that was his desire.

Last edited:
You know what, I've been a fan of Jordans for a long time and I still love them. But I am a grown man in my mid 30's and I decide that this year that it's time I retire from the Jordan shoe game. MJ retired from the NBA three times in his life and he still is. His playing days are way behind him and he'll never play again. And now I'm retiring from the Jordan shoe game for good this year. I will be buying these Black/red 11's as my last pair of Jordans ever. And after that I'm done. I will never ever buy Air Jordans again. Ever.

Last edited:
You know what, I've been a fan of Jordans for a long time and I still love them. But I am a grown man in my mid 30's and I decide that this year that it's time I retire from the Jordan shoe game. MJ retired from the NBA three times in his life and he still is. His playing days are way behind him and he'll never play again. And now I'm retiring from the Jordan shoe game for good this year. I will be buying these Black/red 11's as my last pair of Jordans ever. And after that I'm done. I will never ever buy Air Jordans again. Ever.
I’m 32 and i’ve Been loving Jordan’s for a long time and i’m In the same boat as you, these Black/red 11’s WILL DEFINITELY be my last Jordan’s I purchase as well. I have all the Jordan’s I want and it’s no point anymore. I feel you 100%

I've been reading a great deal about the red tint on the mesh. I had the original pair back in the days when they first released and they had that red tint. However, the tint was due to age and wear. The mesh faded over time from being in the elements. Sun, rain, snow, etc... Upon purchase the mesh was black. Just my experience.

What does you all’s age have to do with anything? Jordan played until he was 40 and still wears his shoes to this day. Do what you do but I don’t understand what age has to do with anything. Just say y’all are gonna stop buying Jordan’s lol.

Their age has everything to do with the situation given the context in which it was written. They are older, more mature, and the past is now being left behind. The upcoming 11 in its original format (more or less) will bring things full circle.

I’m 32 and i’ve Been loving Jordan’s for a long time and i’m In the same boat as you, these Black/red 11’s WILL DEFINITELY be my last Jordan’s I purchase as well. I have all the Jordan’s I want and it’s no point anymore. I feel you 100%

I was where you guys are now a couple of years ago. I'm a bit older than you guys though. 41. I will not be getting these since I bought the last release a few years ago and they are still brand new. The patent leather height is a nice but I've never been one to have more than one pair of the same colorway of the shoe. Welcome to the club gentlemen. Bigger and better things lay ahead. Invest that money that you will now have available and let it work for you.

Their age has everything to do with the situation given the context in which it was written. They are older, more mature, and the past is now being left behind. The upcoming 11 in its original format (more or less) will bring things full circle.
Im 38 years old. Been wearing Jordan since I was 12. Wanted them since I was 10. I have worked the same job for 19 years. Have house, several rides, and 3 children. 3 grandchildren through marriage. Maturity and age have zero to do with wearing Jordan shoes.

Im 38 years old. Been wearing Jordan since I was 12. Wanted them since I was 10. I have worked the same job for 19 years. Have house, several rides, and 3 children. 3 grandchildren through marriage. Maturity and age have zero to do with wearing Jordan shoes.

Yeah, Repp, it doesn't in the context you placed it. I'm 41 with the same resume as you with the exception that I have 2 young kids and no grandkids. I don't think wearing them is the issue for those guys. I think it was just getting that last itch scratched and now that it has with the introduction of the high patent they can give up the longing for something they wanted. I haven't bought a pair in quite some time but I still wear the hell outta them. My itch was scratched when I got the Concords last year. :lol:

I was where you guys are now a couple of years ago. I'm a bit older than you guys though. 41. I will not be getting these since I bought the last release a few years ago and they are still brand new. The patent leather height is a nice but I've never been one to have more than one pair of the same colorway of the shoe. Welcome to the club gentlemen. Bigger and better things lay ahead. Invest that money that you will now have available and let it work for you.

To each their own obviously, but how are you able to look at these and then look at your 2012s and feel content?

Sell those ****s for these; they're not even out yet and they're still clearly the better product.

Hey we had varsity red on these bad boys in 2001 and 2012. But why 2019? In my opinion I think it should be "true" red instead of "varsity" red. Don't you think so?

Man I wish I could have a freakin MJ room with old memorabilia, merch, newspapers, magazines you name it. All that with some OG Jordan's wrapped up on shelf to top it off.:smokin That'd be great being able to just walk in the room and look at/read it all. Experience a blast from the past whenever I want to.
It is. But understand there is more to it than just MJ. Yes, I have a lot of old stuff and shoes displayed. Its something I enjoy. But there is another part dedicated to my dad and alot of his old collectibles and pics as well when I was a kid. He personally was the reason I got into all of this. It used to be the original garage now its a place to remember some fun times I had when I was younger. Between the shoes, band posters, old framed photos, and childhood toys. Damn near everything in the room ties back to my dad somehow. He was born in Chicago so I inherited his like for Chicago sports. He was put to rest in a Walter Payton jersey in 95. The same jersey number is on my arm for life. Small glimpse to you guys on what it all means to me.

Back
Top Bottom