Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

I'm not complaining, but when you look closely the 2019 is not on par with the OG shape. the new shape is off and looks a little deformed next to the 1996. The cut of all the materials are different. the PL cut is OD high on the new iteration. the leather heel piece 2 totally different sizes. they look "stiff" next to the OG. it's like they tried to make it look more sleek, but really looks awkward next to the real deal.
👀
IMG_20191214_203404_415.jpg
Nothing will beat the OG, pretty close though

it's not debatable Boo_Radley_ Boo_Radley_ . you want to be right, but the facts are the facts. the pics don't lie. 2 totally different molds. this new mold is nothing like the OG. it's just better than the molds they used for the past couple retros.

Hey guys I ordered 2 pairs from east bay today 11.5 & 13. My cc was charged for both but only received email confirmation for the 11.5 should I be worried?
Check your orders in your account. If the sz 13 is listed but dollar amounts are zero’d out it didn’t go through or was cancelled. The 11.5 will probably have “1 unit ready to ship” on it

This one of the reasons I slept on this release. I copped the Space Jams from a couple years ago and the materials are trash compared to the older pairs. Mesh is mad stiff, stiff leather on the back panel, ect. I'm so used to the older pairs. I passed on the concords last year for the same reason.
I still have my 45 space jam deadstock (forgot i had them)
I wish the cut was closer to my 01 pair,

it's not debatable. you want to be right, but the facts are the facts. the pics don't lie. 2 totally different molds. this new mold is nothing like the OG. it's just better than the molds they used for the past couple retros.

I have OG’s in hand I don’t have to rely on pics. They aren’t perfect but they are as close as they have ever been including the 1st retros.

Me, after securing my pair today:
“That it. I’m done. Retired from the shoe game”
1576375439598.gif

Hype and rumors build for the Chi 1’s, and Nike drops the official pics:
1576375649600.gif
Leaving the house for the day
“Let’s f’n go gonna be a good day”

Forgetting your keys inside
“Oh s*** one sec”

Nike got us man.. lol

I still have my 45 space jam deadstock (forgot i had them)
I wish the cut was closer to my 01 pair,

You're not missing out. I hardly wear mines. It's annoying taking them out the box every time to wear and they aren't that comfortable compared to the 01's.

Man end is hella wack for that. Didn’t even try after I got the W from them. Any Bay Area peeps know where a sz8 might be sitting?

I'm not complaining, but when you look closely the 2019 is not on par with the OG shape. the new shape is off and looks a little deformed next to the 1996. The cut of all the materials are different. the PL cut is OD high on the new iteration. the leather heel piece 2 totally different sizes. they look "stiff" next to the OG. it's like they tried to make it look more sleek, but really looks awkward next to the real deal.
👀
IMG_20191214_203404_415.jpg
Agree to disagree.

I think this is miles away from what I loved when I got into all this and copped my first pair of “11’s”.. CDP’s. I was ecstatic. But now..I’m even more ecstatic to have something so close to the OG.

Times changed. Materials change. It’s not the 90’s anymore. I’m happy they made this much of an effort.

Back
Top Bottom