Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I was at the mall by 4:30, completely out in Finsh line, and Footlocker. Drove 30 min to get these with my wife. FootLocker store employee was real cocky with his self when I asked. Then looked at me and asked how bad I really wanted them..?.. He wanted to resell "his" size 11 that was in the back. Then wanted to know just how much I was willing to pay. Which I replied RETAIL please. Then finally told me there were no more pairs.:smh:

So I left feeling pretty pissed off knowing we drove down here for nothing only to find out my wife had purchased from eastbay earlier while I was working. :pimp: My wife gets the mvp award like no other..

Grabbed my size 12 from foot action an there were two size 13s in the box smh.... Headed to Hibbett and got my pair. So I had a size 13 I had no use for and saw a young man sitting there waiting and it reminded me of myself back in the 90s I asked his dad “what size does your son wear” he replied “13 but we trying to get something close he really wants these.” Called the young man over and said “you got $200 even from your pops but I’m willing to sell these to you $20 under retail and keep the tax because I know has this has felt to not get these for the past 20+ years.” Kid gave me a hug we exchanged the shoes and money and put middle finger in the air to resellers. Y’all stay blessed and happy holidays.
giphy.gif

I really can't believe some people think these will resell like the 6-7 years ago.

Or that people struvk out. I saw people on Twitter who said they couldn't get any and gave up.

My guess is the little dimples as was questioned is perfectly normal. Probably comes from the mold extrusion process ?? All my other 11s have them. Some more than others. But they are all there.

Interesting i just looked at my dmps, breds from 01 and 16 SJ. There are a few on the DMPs only a couple on the SJs and myabe one on the breds. By far the most noticeable on today's concords.

These dimples are from the ‘runners’ in the injection molding process. When the finished product (mid sole) is removed, the flashing gets cut/broken off. If there are more or less of these dimples (releases) vs say an older pair it’s due to the molds being different. May need someone to compare these concords to the recent XIs released such as the ‘win likes’ or platinums that may indicate they came off the same molds as those pairs. The space jams, 72-10s, etc. may date back too far in production time. Molds get out of tolerance the more product they run through them and at some point are replaced. These concords were a higher volume run, could be completely new molds for this release.

Anybody who ordered off SNKRS today in the ny area get same day delivery free of charge ... and recieved their sneakers today ?
I did, but I’m in Long Beach, CA. However, I had them shipped to my work which is about 30 minutes away. I had two missed calls (I don’t answer calls from numbers I don’t recognize) from the courier, then he sent me a text. I’ll just get them on Monday.

went to my local mall today and they are completely gone, not one store has the men's sizes other than what was on the store display shelves which are like sizes 14 and up>D I was a fool to think this would make through the weekend:lol:

These dimples are from the ‘runners’ in the injection molding process. When the finished product (mid sole) is removed, the flashing gets cut/broken off. If there are more or less of these dimples (releases) vs say an older pair it’s due to the molds being different. May need someone to compare these concords to the recent XIs released such as the ‘win likes’ or platinums that may indicate they came off the same molds as those pairs. The space jams, 72-10s, etc. may date back too far in production time. Molds get out of tolerance the more product they run through them and at some point are replaced. These concords were a higher volume run, could be completely new molds for this release.
Good info!
Also not as numerous or pronounced on my win likes

Glad most people got their shoes with relative ease, but this release just lacked the entertainment and classic "defining" moments as the one from 2011.

Not a single sighting of the Get Money Boyz, no babies getting "ammonia," no bare knuckle brawls. Not even a mall door being torn down. I had a good laugh seeing some of the shenanigans that took place across the world

Any stark differences from this year's release to the 2011s? Don't want to get the years confused.

Shoe collection is looking scarce though, missing a lot of old pairs and classics I want. Either XI release this year would be on top of that list along with those Raptor 4s.

Glad most people got their shoes with relative ease, but this release just lacked the entertainment and classic "defining" moments as the one from 2011.

Not a single sighting of the Get Money Boyz, no babies getting "ammonia," no bare knuckle brawls. Not even a mall door being torn down. I had a good laugh seeing some of the shenanigans that took place across the world

If stores still did FCFS, we would have. Even the comments on the social media pages of retailers were comedy.

man, it's going to be a long wait for me.

though some are fun, some incidents unfortunately cost lives, i honestly hope all jordan grails are released like this.

we shouldn't allow a pair of damn sneakers cause grief and heartaches. it's senseless.

Any stark differences from this year's release to the 2011s? Don't want to get the years confused.

Shoe collection is looking scarce though, missing a lot of old pairs and classics I want. Either XI release this year would be on top of that list along with those Raptor 4s.

Lots. These are much closer to the ogs. Granted it’s been like 18 years since I had a pair of og Concords, but these def look and feel like the og. The 2011 incarnation is but a shadow of how the 11 should be with its low cut patent and cheaper materials.

Any consequences for not picking these up from FL? Ended copping a pair through the sneakers app, and couldn’t wait till they opened to purchase. Went snowboarding instead lol

Did a quick check my shoes are fine Patent leather seems to be ok. But my box is beat up sheesh lol.

And the OG box is cool. But i prefer the other box. Adds a little something imo.

Any consequences for not picking these up from FL? Ended copping a pair through the sneakers app, and couldn’t wait till they opened to purchase. Went snowboarding instead lol
nothing they just move on to the next person in-line after the pickup window expires

From the top of my head. Higher patent cut, #45, proper facing jumpman, OG box.

When you these and the 2011 side by side. You will see a drastic difference.

Back
Top Bottom