Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Necessary to spray the ballistic nylon upper with Crep? Or Nah?

Asking as the father of a messy 1yr old.

I did. I used Jason Markk REPEL on the upper. Taped off the patent and did 2 coats of it. Then I used a few sprays of my guitar polish on the patent leather. Gives it a great shine and feels extra smooth like you just waxed your car.

DC8AA328-25C0-430E-BCCB-E5966929857D.jpeg

I dont think I could realistically go through 5 pairs. I can wear a shoe for years.

Im not totally knocking the practical aspect of it if you're wanting to have the shoe in regular rotation for say 5 years. I dont feel like Id know when to cycle them out. Id either do it too often or id go for 3 years with my first pair :lol:

I dont think I could realistically go through 5 pairs. I can wear a shoe for years.

Im not totally knocking the practical aspect of it if you're wanting to have the shoe in regular rotation for say 5 years. I dont feel like Id know when to cycle them out. Id either do it too often or id go for 3 years with my first pair :lol:

I have three pairs and will get a fourth within the next month or so. Asking how it makes sense necessarily includes too many variables. This shoe has caused me nothing but heartache (in shoe geek terms) since the OG release in '95. No need to explain why again. Today, I am easily able to afford my pairs because I have a solid income. So I said to myself, I will not be without these for years to come, and I won't have to baby one or two pairs to make that happen. Will I burn through all four pairs before the next concord retro happens? Maybe, maybe not. But the peace of mind I have is where I'm coming from. Worst case, I have an urworn pair in seven or eight years. Big deal, I can sell it then and basically get my money back. It's not like I could have taken the $1,000 I'll have spent on these and invested it into something that is worth $15K in those seven or eight years. So for me, it's not even ridiculous. Now, if you're someone who can't afford it but buys multiple pairs, anyway? Yeah, that's dumb. They're still just shoes.

I'm loving my Concords, but I wish the Quality matched the 2016 PEs. From the stitched number, to the thicker patent leather.
IMG_0647.jpeg
IMG_0648.jpeg

Interesting. I wore my barely worn first pair of "Space Jams" all day today and while I love them, I kept thinking I wish they had the shape, cordura padding, patent cut and overall look of my new concords. Agree about the stitched 23. Not sure the patent thickness is actually even a thing, I will check. If it is, it's miniscule. The white line on a black upper looks more pronounced than it does against the white upper of the concords. It can also vary from pair to pair. Either way, neither is the same as the patent quality on the OGs so it's basically a wash to me. Space Jams are sick, but these concords are on a different level overall in my book. Not even a question. I'd trade the differences you mention for the padded upper and improved shape/patent cut all day, every day, forever. But that's just me.

Does upper deck still do that program where you can send an item certain time of year to get signed by MJ? I know it’s like $1500 fee but think these would be dope to get signed

I’d fork over the cash I think but they might have stopped that

I guess I should say something since all these 5 pairs concords are directed towards me. Simply I guess I just love me some concords. And I had the chance to rarely pay retail for an retro pair I love why not. And who knows when these will release again. I know I know they might recycle everyth8ng with the 23 again. But these imo are as close to the 95 og concords as Nike will get. NOW if they release the OG concords with the real full grain leather then ima get 10 pairs lmao nah but seriously

I mean no disrespect, just genuinely wanted to know why some buy so many. If anything I respect the passion for the shoe. Just pure curiousity

5 pairs is hella strong!

This is the first time I’m going to actually go through with doubling up. I usually end up selling one pair a little down the line, but these are too crispy and I think I always want a fresh pair to stare at. Makes me want a fresh pair of the Black/Concords even though I’ve only worn my pair twice so they still look DS.

Only other time I double or triple up on something is jeans. When I find a pair that fits perfectly and has a nice wash that I like, I’ll buy multiples to have back ups.

Back
Top Bottom