Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I'd make a lot of people in here mad with how I dress. 99% of the time it's a band shirt and some shorts lol.

Same here man :emoji_100:%. If I'm not in that, I'm on my old school G ish. like this...

20220926_172226.jpg

In which The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince , and others have roasted me in the past for, NUMEROUS times. I gives ZERO F's about it, tho. I'm DOIN' me.

:emoji_100:

^ basically how I look because I cut the sleeves of all my sh*t 😂 I feel like it's my deed as a metal head and plus it's easier to just show up at the gym pretty much ready

I can still remember this commercial for the XI even though it came out during the 1995-96 NBA season.

Same here man :emoji_100:%. If I'm not in that, I'm on my old school G ish. like this...

20220926_172226.jpg

In which The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince , and others have roasted me in the past for, NUMEROUS times. I gives ZERO F's about it, tho. I'm DOIN' me.

:emoji_100:

Although this is supposed to be a thread about the Concord XI, it's nice to see you maintain a '90s look and style. Those Ben Davis shirts that rappers popularized, particularly West Coast artists, is so early '90s. I would count the shoes as early '90s too despite the DMP VI coming out in 2006 & 2020 because the VI originated in 1991.

It's like you were meticulous with the timeline of your articles of clothing and shoes along with matching the colors.

OG 11's were special/different
I'm glad I'm old enough to have been around for when they first hit. It was pretty crazy - and only Nike could have pulled it off. The 90s started to take off with great innovations and designs with shoes... but nothing was like the XI. When we first saw them everyone thought they were moon boots, how were these basketball shoes? What is with the dress shoe leather? It was the biggest swerve from Nike - and once it set in and yes having MJ wear them almost everyone was in agreement this was the greatest shoe ever. Then the black playoffs hit in our school colors and it was game over.

It's been over 25 YEARS and there still is nothing like these

I'm glad I'm old enough to have been around for when they first hit. It was pretty crazy - and only Nike could have pulled it off. The 90s started to take off with great innovations and designs with shoes... but nothing was like the XI. When we first saw them everyone thought they were moon boots, how were these basketball shoes? What is with the dress shoe leather? It was the biggest swerve from Nike - and once it set in and yes having MJ wear them almost everyone was in agreement this was the greatest shoe ever. Then the black playoffs hit in our school colors and it was game over.

It's been over 25 YEARS and there still is nothing like these
I was around as well, and a lot of the shoe stores(Footlocker/Athletes Foot/Footaction) in the mall in my area didn’t get them because they didn’t even know what they were or if they were even going to get them in. I got lucky during the week and went to our PX (Post Exchange, I’m from a military town) and got them for maybe a $100. It wasn’t until the Columbias were out that the stores in my area really started picking up on them. But I knew I didn’t want them, in my teenage mind then, and kind of now, the Columbias always looked like a regular shoe, the Concords just popped to me because of the black patent leather. Then once the Playoffs came out it was game over. I skipped the later periods of school and copped them from Footaction. Then turned around and copped the Playoff I.E.s. It was like only a handful of people in my Senior class that even had them, any of them. And everyone else besides me came from different states. Getting Jordans in my city wasn’t really hard, it was up to the store if they ordered them. But there wasn’t lines, raffles, or any of that. First come, first serve. And most of them time, they sat. Really sat. Even when they retro’d the 2s and the 3s they sat, the Cement 3s sat in my area. I happened to just be in the mall for lunch and bought them because they were always dope to me. I remember hoping that they had my size, dude was like “we have every size Champ”. The kids and soldiers in my city didn’t care about the retros, they wanted the latest/newest Jordan. Even the 9s and the 10s sat in my city as well. The last release I remember them caring about were the Playoff 8s. They were into the other brands like the Shaq Reebok and stuff like that. But for a very short time I was the only kid in my school with the Concords, then some cat transferred to my school with Columbias, then another transfer who rocked Concords, then we all bought the Playoffs. It was a cool time as far as shoes…….. I kind of miss the simplicity of seeing a shoe you like, especially if it was Mike, and if your store had them, you just bought them, and wore them, no tricks, no gimmicks, no back door or bot. Just see the shoe, buy the shoe, wear the shoe. It was so simple.

I know I'm an anomaly, but when I first saw the Concords on the shelf at Foot Locker, my first reaction was deep disappointment. Still no visible air & this patent leather is going to look like crap so fast, and where the heck is the black version, as I was only wanting black Jays back then. Passed right by them and never looked back until 2018.

OG 11's were special/different
They were a work of art that saved the Air Jordan line. People find it impossible to believe that Air Jordans were approaching third tier basketball shoe status in 1995. That year Air Maxes and Cross trainers were the most desired sneakers in general public. The Air Max 95 was KING sneaker at that time. Neon 95s had a instant cult following and were hard to cop even back then. DT2s and Marino's everywhere. Low top black/white barrages were like the pandas on the first day of 9th grade lol. Air Penny 1s, Both CB Maxes, CW Max, Uptempo 95s were on every ball court. I love the VIII/IX/X Air Jordan trinity with everything in me (Powder and Olive IXs are the greatest sneakers Nike has ever released.) but they were clearly underwhelming compared to everything Nike was dropping. Nike couldn't give away a pair of Xs in 95. A majority of steels moved from deep discounts. Chicago and Powder Xs were non factors and sat. The shadow X was even more niche and undesired than olives. If you lived in a small market there is a great chance you weren't aware of the regional Xs. Nobody outside hardcore sneaker collectors cared about the 94-95 1/2/3 retros. When the concords appeared they look so radically different from everything at the time. It's amazing reading how many people said they looked like moon boots because that's the same thing I said when I first saw them but then over the next few sightings of them I started the beauty of design. That distinct cut of black patent leather on OG concords is nothing less than SERIOUS. It's has a beautiful luster that gave off a shimmering contrast to the white base. The color balance on Concords are PERFECT. The best looking black and white shoe. They even look more iconic than black/white chuck Taylors. I'm a sucker for Nike sub logos. The first time I noticed the vertical Greek Jumpman Jordan logo blew my mind. GENIUS DESIGN! If I had a nickel for every time I doodled that logo on my book covers in 95 lol. The OG laces are the most underrated aspect of the OG concords. They are way thicker than any retro to date. They made the shoe look durable and stout but yet so neat with thick white rope lace laying beautiful in a line over white mesh. Too FN clean!!! The icy sole was sprinkles on top. This shoe was a slow burn in my area. I started seeing them in Oct 95 in my school and they broke my neck. Interest went up when people were talking about seeing them in woo hah video and NY undercover. CBS used to show Big East games nationally back then and it was dope AF to see Iverson and the rest of the team wear the XI while a majority of other Nike programs wore Force/team Nikes (UMass was another team that wore XIs from start of 95 season as well)I was sold on them after seeing WGN bulls games with him wearing black jersey with concords and pregame b reel of him working out in tiny swoosh era Nike gear contrasting with jumpman on heels and 23 on black back tab. It made Jordan look fierce, rejuvenated and focused. That 45 jersey and Air Jordan Xs did not give off same effect a few months earlier in 95 playoffs. You would even get a rare non MJ worn sighting of them from other players in NBA. These started selling and getting more popular around the holiday season of 95. After Xmas break there was no question that the concords were the hardest shoes out. The Columbia's sat for a little while until the playoff XI dropped. Game changer is an understatement for the climate when Black and Red XIs dropped. Before social media, magazines or even a "culture" this is the first sneaker I saw with my eyes to command a line and heard the term "sold out" used for. No matter how cliche or a parody they have become when speaking about the culture, the concords will always be a memorable and special shoe to me. I had 3 pairs of the OG before the retros started. I had 2 pairs of 2000 release. I had 2 pairs of 2014 lows. I was retired from sneakers in 2006 but the hunt, desire and marvel for a DMP pack brought me back in. I have never been humbled and b**** slapped by a shoe release harder than that day of insanity and sadism of the 2011 release. I still have PTSD and nightmares lol. I didn't even attempt for the 2018 drop but lately I been on the hunt to have these back in my life.

They were a work of art that saved the Air Jordan line. People find it impossible to believe that Air Jordans were approaching third tier basketball shoe status in 1995. That year Air Maxes and Cross trainers were the most desired sneakers in general public. The Air Max 95 was KING sneaker at that time. Neon 95s had a instant cult following and were hard to cop even back then. DT2s and Marino's everywhere. Low top black/white barrages were like the pandas on the first day of 9th grade lol. Air Penny 1s, Both CB Maxes, CW Max, Uptempo 95s were on every ball court. I love the VIII/IX/X Air Jordan trinity with everything in me (Powder and Olive IXs are the greatest sneakers Nike has ever released.) but they were clearly underwhelming compared to everything Nike was dropping. Nike couldn't give away a pair of Xs in 95. A majority of steels moved from deep discounts. Chicago and Powder Xs were non factors and sat. The shadow X was even more niche and undesired than olives. If you lived in a small market there is a great chance you weren't aware of the regional Xs. Nobody outside hardcore sneaker collectors cared about the 94-95 1/2/3 retros. When the concords appeared they look so radically different from everything at the time. It's amazing reading how many people said they looked like moon boots because that's the same thing I said when I first saw them but then over the next few sightings of them I started the beauty of design. That distinct cut of black patent leather on OG concords is nothing less than SERIOUS. It's has a beautiful luster that gave off a shimmering contrast to the white base. The color balance on Concords are PERFECT. The best looking black and white shoe. They even look more iconic than black/white chuck Taylors. I'm a sucker for Nike sub logos. The first time I noticed the vertical Greek Jumpman Jordan logo blew my mind. GENIUS DESIGN! If I had a nickel for every time I doodled that logo on my book covers in 95 lol. The OG laces are the most underrated aspect of the OG concords. They are way thicker than any retro to date. They made the shoe look durable and stout but yet so neat with thick white rope lace laying beautiful in a line over white mesh. Too FN clean!!! The icy sole was sprinkles on top. This shoe was a slow burn in my area. I started seeing them in Oct 95 in my school and they broke my neck. Interest went up when people were talking about seeing them in woo hah video and NY undercover. CBS used to show Big East games nationally back then and it was dope AF to see Iverson and the rest of the team wear the XI while a majority of other Nike programs wore Force/team Nikes (UMass was another team that wore XIs from start of 95 season as well)I was sold on them after seeing WGN bulls games with him wearing black jersey with concords and pregame b reel of him working out in tiny swoosh era Nike gear contrasting with jumpman on heels and 23 on black back tab. It made Jordan look fierce, rejuvenated and focused. That 45 jersey and Air Jordan Xs did not give off same effect a few months earlier in 95 playoffs. You would even get a rare non MJ worn sighting of them from other players in NBA. These started selling and getting more popular around the holiday season of 95. After Xmas break there was no question that the concords were the hardest shoes out. The Columbia's sat for a little while until the playoff XI dropped. Game changer is an understatement for the climate when Black and Red XIs dropped. Before social media, magazines or even a "culture" this is the first sneaker I saw with my eyes to command a line and heard the term "sold out" used for. No matter how cliche or a parody they have become when speaking about the culture, the concords will always be a memorable and special shoe to me. I had 3 pairs of the OG before the retros started. I had 2 pairs of 2000 release. I had 2 pairs of 2014 lows. I was retired from sneakers in 2006 but the hunt, desire and marvel for a DMP pack brought me back in. I have never been humbled and b**** slapped by a shoe release harder than that day of insanity and sadism of the 2011 release. I still have PTSD and nightmares lol. I didn't even attempt for the 2018 drop but lately I been on the hunt to have these back in my life.
9DCDF63F-8753-4C4D-8050-7911DAF9F501.gif

We need more posts like this.

Back
Top Bottom