Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

good paying profession

I always think about what school will cost 13 years down the road and I have three kids...I just don't think we'll be able to support the cost without them being swamped in debt

maybe there's other schools your kids can go to tuition free or discounted based on your job

We’ll see but whatever they choose I’ll do my best to make it work or pray they get a scholarship. That’s still 12 and 16 years down the road so I’ll enjoy them while they’re young. I might also be at a different school by then.

Saw a kid (young man I guess) wearing these today in my store... said "nice Concords" as I walked by and dude was geeked. We all like to be acknowledged when were wear fly spit.

Anyway, here's a real throw back for me...

18766_278611968335_1032598_n.jpg

Don't ask me why I was wearing so many damn shirts.

What’s good for cleaning glue residue off the patent leather?

I taped off the patent leather with blue painters tape so that I could spray the nylon upper with waterproofing. When I pulled off the tape, some of the glue was left behind.

I tried wiping it off with a microfiber towel and a tiny bit of Jason Mark foam, but I really had to scrub hard to remove the glue.

I actually think that was a Big Ten ball from Hardees. I did used to have this clear Michael Jordan basketball with a fake autograph printed on it as a kid I got for free one Christmas at a school giveaway and it was the dopest. Unfortunately it yellowed just like the bottom of these shoes will.

LOL I had that clear ball. It sucked. But I always hated rubber basketballs. They bounce wrong and rub your fingers raw.

I get why some of you guys like the 23 conversion deal. I just can’t be bothered about it. The number on the back is the last thing to me that makes 11s cool. Plus it’s going to crack/peel/ whatever long before I’m done wearing a given pair so I’ve shut off my OCD when it comes to that. I’ve been wearing one pair around the house every night after work for 10 days. Noticed yesterday the bottom outside vertical line of the 4 on the left shoe has already peeled/rubbed off a bit. I’ve only worn them with sweats and they haven’t even touched the outside ground yet. Didn’t even bother posting a pic, it’s just whatever to me. That bit must not have been applied well because it wasn’t like that out of the box and I’ve only had soft sweats rubbing on them. Meh, like I said, last thing I care about on these. But curious to see how durable the factory numbers turn out to be—and same for the 23 conversions if anyone does them and reports back in a couple months.

On another note, I wrapped up the 4-year-old’s pair tonight. Concords are so damn sick, I kept taking them out of the box and just looking at them as I was wrapping other gifts. My girl was going, what is WRONG with you LOL. I guess you know a shoe is the GOAT when even the little kids’ version has you just staring at them and thinking, “Godamm” :rofl:

Turn authentic kicks into fakes though? Nah bruh, you're reaching on that one. It's more of a preference thing.

On another note, I wrapped up the 4-year-old’s pair tonight. Concords are so damn sick, I kept taking them out of the box and just looking at them as I was wrapping other gifts. My girl was going, what is WRONG with you LOL. I guess you know a shoe is the GOAT when even the little kids’ version has you just staring at them and thinking, “Godamm” :rofl:
youre going to be doing the same thing again when those mach runners show up lol

This whole 45 to 23 and vice versa debacle is whatever at this point. I find it kinda funny though because thorough the years, whenever the OG 45 Concord would show up or been spotted - like this pic from 2011 of Drake and his closet:
air-jordan-xi-retro-concord-45-sample-1.jpg

everyone went crazy and hoped Nike/JB would actually release them to the public.

So come 2018 JB releases them. They did everything right to try and recreate the actual 45 sample MJ himself first wore in all it's glory; straight down to the box. The silhouette is right, the high cut patent leather is right; they even gave us the OG box with the OG black plastic inside. Also, let's not forget that they still gave us concord plastic shoe trees (which is not OG, but a better solution to the paper because of it's negative affects to the shoe). Most importantly, it came with the Four Five; the one thing everyone - and I mean everyone, wanted most of all.

Now to read about people not satisfied with the "45", "flimsy" OG box, "cheap" black plastic sheet, "too high" PL cut - it's quite funny and shows such a disregard to the "grailed" details JB executed for this historic release. :rofl:IMO

Kudos to the purists that appreciate what this 2018 shoe means, because it really means a lot. For the ones that don't care and respectfully don't want to understand - do what makes you happy.

Consider this a line in the sand.

for the record tho, I ain't mad at that "23" application :nthat:

Last edited:
Y’all were not lying when y’all said these got snug. Sheesh lol.

11.5 was killing me today. :lol:

I don’t find them to be really snug, but the toe box is narrow. That’s my only dislike.

I plan on beating these shoes up. I can only “admire” shoes for so long lol.

Y’all really scrubbing numbers off a brand new air jordan to replace them with ones that make you feel better? Lol. Trippin’. If anything, you just turned your kicks into fakes. Do you though.

I definitely disagree with this. No way are they turning them into fakes, if anything they should be considered customs.

This whole 45 to 23 and vice versa debacle is whatever at this point. I find it kinda funny though because thorough the years, whenever the OG 45 Concord would show up or been spotted - like this pic from 2011 of Drake and his closet:
air-jordan-xi-retro-concord-45-sample-1.jpg

everyone went crazy and hoped Nike/JB would actually release them to the public.

So come 2018 JB releases them. They did everything right to try and recreate the actual 45 sample MJ himself first wore in all it's glory; straight down to the box. The silhouette is right, the high cut patent leather is right; they even gave us the OG box with the OG black plastic inside. Also, let's not forget that they still gave us concord plastic shoe trees (which is not OG, but a better solution to the paper because of it's negative affects to the shoe). Most importantly, it came with the Four Five; the one thing everyone - and I mean everyone, wanted most of all.

Now to read about people not satisfied with the "45", "flimsy" OG box, "cheap" black plastic sheet, "too high" PL cut - it's quite funny and shows such a disregard to the "grailed" details JB executed for this historic release. :rofl:IMO

Kudos to the purists that appreciate what this 2018 shoe means, because it really means a lot. For the ones that don't care and respectfully don't want to understand - do what makes you happy.

Consider this a line in the sand.

for the record tho, I ain't mad at that "23" application :nthat:
D6AAAA1B-FDB8-4188-8CF7-E82014A169A9.jpeg

Just got this from BSTN, is the jumpmans arms that long on these?!? And check out the carbon plate and also do you guys have holes on the white part? Idk about these.....

E4C9C4CD-44FE-4B49-A58E-ECD0EF3B6D05.jpeg
22B75C8B-A276-49E0-A8D2-26957516DA97.jpeg
After getting back in the game I thought the same thing. But the holes are normal. Some carbon plates look smooth and painted while others look "normal".

Back
Top Bottom