Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

This whole 45 to 23 and vice versa debacle is whatever at this point. I find it kinda funny though because thorough the years, whenever the OG 45 Concord would show up or been spotted - like this pic from 2011 of Drake and his closet:
air-jordan-xi-retro-concord-45-sample-1.jpg

everyone went crazy and hoped Nike/JB would actually release them to the public.

So come 2018 JB releases them. They did everything right to try and recreate the actual 45 sample MJ himself first wore in all it's glory; straight down to the box. The silhouette is right, the high cut patent leather is right; they even gave us the OG box with the OG black plastic inside. Also, let's not forget that they still gave us concord plastic shoe trees (which is not OG, but a better solution to the paper because of it's negative affects to the shoe). Most importantly, it came with the Four Five; the one thing everyone - and I mean everyone, wanted most of all.

Now to read about people not satisfied with the "45", "flimsy" OG box, "cheap" black plastic sheet, "too high" PL cut - it's quite funny and shows such a disregard to the "grailed" details JB executed for this historic release. :rofl:IMO

Kudos to the purists that appreciate what this 2018 shoe means, because it really means a lot. For the ones that don't care and respectfully don't want to understand - do what makes you happy.

Consider this a line in the sand.

for the record tho, I ain't mad at that "23" application :nthat:

I personally think this is the best retro 11 release ever, or tied with the 16’ Space Jams. This is how retro’s should have been being made all along. My only complaint is the 45 not being stitched on, but I don’t have any preference between 45 or 23 in these. Now when the breds drop next year, those need a 23 on them, though I am copping either way of course as that’s my all time fav shoe.

This whole 45 to 23 and vice versa debacle is whatever at this point. I find it kinda funny though because thorough the years, whenever the OG 45 Concord would show up or been spotted - like this pic from 2011 of Drake and his closet:
air-jordan-xi-retro-concord-45-sample-1.jpg

everyone went crazy and hoped Nike/JB would actually release them to the public.

So come 2018 JB releases them. They did everything right to try and recreate the actual 45 sample MJ himself first wore in all it's glory; straight down to the box. The silhouette is right, the high cut patent leather is right; they even gave us the OG box with the OG black plastic inside. Also, let's not forget that they still gave us concord plastic shoe trees (which is not OG, but a better solution to the paper because of it's negative affects to the shoe). Most importantly, it came with the Four Five; the one thing everyone - and I mean everyone, wanted most of all.

Now to read about people not satisfied with the "45", "flimsy" OG box, "cheap" black plastic sheet, "too high" PL cut - it's quite funny and shows such a disregard to the "grailed" details JB executed for this historic release. :rofl:IMO

Kudos to the purists that appreciate what this 2018 shoe means, because it really means a lot. For the ones that don't care and respectfully don't want to understand - do what makes you happy.

Consider this a line in the sand.

for the record tho, I ain't mad at that "23" application :nthat:

The argument is the 45 is just ugly. If they would have executed it better (2016 Jams) it would be a different story. It’s too low on most pairs and not straight. JB went lazy with that part.

I personally think this is the best retro 11 release ever, or tied with the 16’ Space Jams. This is how retro’s should have been being made all along. My only complaint is the 45 not being stitched on, but I don’t have any preference between 45 or 23 in these. Now when the breds drop next year, those need a 23 on them, though I am copping either way of course as that’s my all time fav shoe.

TO EACH HIS OWN. My favorite 11 retro release was the 2000 & 2001 when hype wasn't that huge and the feeling of getting them cuz you didn't get the originals like 6-7 years back was just amazing. Plus it was the golden years if the sneaker culture; great times, NT was a youngin. Got my Concords at a local champs (Birthday gift since my bday was in october and the release was as well). The black/red XI's i got off my uncle who had a hook up everytime from his local mom and pops; He would would get his shoes 2-3 weeks earIy. And finally, got the spacejams off a website called Fogdog.com (was like a big 5's) which no one knew about and ordered my pairs. 2006 DMP release was also dope too, a local NT'er hooked me up with a pair back on the release date. NT members back in the days definitely has each other back, was a tight, solid (Pause) community.

The 2000-2001 retros were dope too. Certainly much better than the 2009-2013 retros in terms of quality and shape. But as someone who was fortunate enough to own the og 96’ pairs, I can safely say these Concords are as close to the og as we can get. They are damn near identical in both shape and quality, perhaps the og patent leather is slightly thicker but I was ecstatic upon purchasing these cause I never thought I could get something this close that is wearable.

gotta learn the difference between fakes and customs my guy.

I’ve actually been on this since ‘92, son. Don’t lecture me about sneaker knowledge.

Are you really that unhappy of a person, that you need to rearrange a shoe because it didn’t fit your emotional expectations? lol.

They may not be outright fakes but you’re sure altering the appearance of them to look like that.

Is a Lambo fake if it has an aftermarket rear airfoil on it? :D

Hell no, but now it looks like ***. Put some new mats in it so your feet can feel better or a seat cover? Ok, good to go. But to alter its classic appearance based on your inability to be content with what’s been created? Na.

Let me get some Shaq’s and add a 23 to them too while we’re at it. Hell, let’s just take the patent leather off the concords and put it on the cool grey xi’s. That’ll do.

I think it’s just a classic “Always want what you cant (currently) have”.
If they did 23, no doubt ppl woulda said why didnt you make em like the space jams with the 45?
I just cant possibly dislike it enough to go through all the trouble of changing it to 23. That said, still really wanna see someone use the kit though

I’ve actually been on this since ‘92, son. Don’t lecture me about sneaker knowledge.

Are you really that unhappy of a person, that you need to rearrange a shoe because it didn’t fit your emotional expectations? lol.

They may not be outright fakes but you’re sure altering the appearance of them to look like that.

just cause somebody customizes something doesnt mean theyre an unhappy miserable person. wtf? people customize things all the time. all types of things, son.

I just have a couple extra pairs, so I thought it would be cool to have a 45 version and a 23 version in the display. I love these and feel like JB will just mess up the next Concord release, since this one was just about perfect.

I just have a couple extra pairs, so I thought it would be cool to have a 45 version and a 23 version in the display. I love these and feel like JB will just mess up the next Concord release, since this one was just about perfect.
you thought it would be cool because youre a reasonable person. I seriously dont understand the hate lol

and yes, leaving it up to nike means god knows how long and god knows what theyll do to it. This is the one.

Hell no, but now it looks like ***. Put some new mats in it so your feet can feel better or a seat cover? Ok, good to go. But to alter its classic appearance based on your inability to be content with what’s been created? Na.

Let me get some Shaq’s and add a 23 to them too while we’re at it. Hell, let’s just take the patent leather off the concords and put it on the cool grey xi’s. That’ll do.

What you’re saying makes no sense G. Concords have had 23 on it before. The OG retail release had 23 on it. Michael Jordan is synonymous with the number 23 because that’s his usual number. Him wearing 45 on a jersey has history behind it as well and he wore it for what, 22 games? But it’s a gimmick by Nike and JB to release the 45 on the back like the PE’s he wore 3-4 times versus the 23 on the back that he wore ~40 times in the ‘95-96 season along with promotional material for the shoe. I personally wouldn’t change the 45 and this is coming from someone who isn’t a fan of it in the first place but what people do with their shoes is their business. Add to the fact that they’re modifying it to the way it SHOULD be then I don’t understand why anyone would have a problem with it.

What you’re saying makes no sense G. Concords have had 23 on it before. The OG retail release had 23 on it. Michael Jordan is synonymous with the number 23 because that’s his usual number. Him wearing 45 on a jersey has history behind it as well and he wore it for what, 22 games? But it’s a gimmick by Nike and JB to release the 45 on the back like the PE’s he wore 3-4 times versus the 23 on the back that he wore ~40 times in the ‘95-96 season along with promotional material for the shoe. I personally wouldn’t change the 45 and this is coming from someone who isn’t a fan of it in the first place but what people do with their shoes is their business. Add to the fact that they’re modifying it to the way it SHOULD be then I don’t understand why anyone would have a problem with it.

It makes no sense to you because you’re not thinking initially. Let me break it down to you Barney style.

The shoes come as is. For a reason. You trying to change their appearance in any way is asinine. It makes you look like an ingrate and insatiable.

The thirst is real.

..and I had the ‘95 concords. Preaching about sneakers is irrelevant. I already said what you unknowingly seem to be reiterating.

It makes no sense to you because you’re not thinking initially. Let me break it down to you Barney style.

The shoes come as is. For a reason. You trying to change their appearance in any way is asinine. It makes you look like an ingrate and insatiable.

The thirst is real.

..and I had the ‘95 concords. Preaching about sneakers is irrelevant. I already said what you unknowingly seem to be reiterating.

So what exactly is the reason to put 45 on these

Back
Top Bottom