Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

My FTL restock order from earlier shows as 'open/in process'. My guess is the restock was legit, we shall see though

Edit: aaaaaaand it's gone :lol::smh:

Last edited by a moderator:
0F64BA15-E647-4136-9BA5-254C7D1018D9.jpeg

CB29319C-68F6-4535-9E88-93505100DC90.jpeg

I dig both 45/23. I got mad respect for this release and the effort put in. All I ask is if they do drop the 23 pair again one day...do it the same as these shape/material wise.

I dig both 45/23. I got mad respect for this release and the effort put in. All I ask is if they do drop the 23 pair again one day...do it the same as these shape/material wise.
Great pic. I agree, keep the same shape and materials. The only very small thing I would like is a slight thicker cut of pl. Thats the only thing but its too small to make a huge deal about. Easily my favorite release since the 2016 XI.

Great pic. I agree, keep the same shape and materials. The only very small thing I would like is a slight thicker cut of pl. Thats the only thing but its too small to make a huge deal about. Easily my favorite release since the 2016 XI.
Same, this and the 2016 pair are way up there in recent Jordan retros!!

Makaveli album was IT

Yup. Pretty much my all time fav album. I still remember going to cop the album when it dropped (with Bred 11’s on) and there being a line literally 500+ deep at Tower Records for the midnight release. The line was literally wrapped around the block. Pure insanity.

What age will any of y’all stop buying
Kicks?

50s?

Man, I'm enjoying the other responses!

The thing for me is...it has never been about what other people think. I could care less if anyone else notices what I wear or if they like them. My first Js were OG fire red 5s with the 23 on the side that I got on discount from a Nike outlet when I was 13 years old. I don't remember anyone caring or really even noticing that I wore those, but I LOVED those shoes! And I loved watching the Bulls for YEARS leading up to that and afterwards.

Eventually that pair had seen better days and I was making better money and was able to cop the OG Olympic 7s. Jordan and the rest of the Dream Team were bigger than life right then. I still kept rocking my 5s for years afterwards, but couldn't wear them all the time as they were getting pretty beat, but SO comfortable. I wear size 13 and Jordans have always fit my feet well...like they were actually designed for big feet. "It's the SHOES!!!" is cemented in my head and that's that.

I have gone through phases with other shoes, but I have always enjoyed shoes...whether a $17 pair of Chuck Taylors or a $220 XI or Yeezy. None of that is gonna change. I was at the mall picking up shoes this week and an older guy, clearly mid-'50s, was in there getting the Jordan 1 SIs. I loved that he was out doing it and he was wearing Supreme and had on Yeezy 700 Wave Runners. You could tell he was happy as heck and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Man, I'm enjoying the other responses!

The thing for me is...it has never been about what other people think. I could care less if anyone else notices what I wear or if they like them. My first Js were OG fire red 5s with the 23 on the side that I got on discount from a Nike outlet when I was 13 years old. I don't remember anyone caring or really even noticing that I wore those, but I LOVED those shoes! And I loved watching the Bulls for YEARS leading up to that and afterwards.

Eventually that pair had seen better days and I was making better money and was able to cop the OG Olympic 7s. Jordan and the rest of the Dream Team were bigger than life right then. I still kept rocking my 5s for years afterwards, but couldn't wear them all the time as they were getting pretty beat, but SO comfortable. I wear size 13 and Jordans have always fit my feet well...like they were actually designed for big feet. "It's the SHOES!!!" is cemented in my head and that's that.

I have gone through phases with other shoes, but I have always enjoyed shoes...whether a $17 pair of Chuck Taylors or a $220 XI or Yeezy. None of that is gonna change. I was at the mall picking up shoes this week and an older guy, clearly mid-'50s was in there getting the Jordan 1 SIs. I loved that he was out doing it and he was wearing Supreme and had on Yeezy 700 Wave Runners. You could tell he was happy as heck and that's all that matters.

I recently sold my deadstock 2007 Fire Reds, only because I buy my shoes to wear now and I was too scared to rock these at this point in fear of them cracking. Will def be copping when they drop again though.

Yup. Pretty much my all time fav album. I still remember going to cop the album when it dropped (with Bred 11’s on) and there being a line literally 500+ deep at Tower Records for the midnight release. The line was literally wrapped around the block. Pure insanity.

That’s right: back then people lined up for albums, never shoes. No one saw that turn coming back then LOL

Used to line up to play some Killer Instinct when it first came out at the local arcades.... man those were the days

Fall of 10th grade, GnR’s Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 came out. I remember being jealous of the kids in my school who got to go to the midnight releases and came in the next day with the CDs. I only had $20 to my name and had to pick which one to buy. Never in a million years could I have imagined what would become of the music industry during the ensuing 20-something years. Or to the shoe business. Wild to look back on in retrospect. I know the kids on here can’t grasp it and I couldn’t have either at 20, but it really isn’t that long of a time that it took for the world to become so much different. Crazy, really.

Dang I feel like I might be the youngest person in this thread. :lol: Loving all the personal stories about these and other happenings back in the day though.

Reactions: ARK
It makes no sense to you because you’re not thinking initially. Let me break it down to you Barney style.

The shoes come as is. For a reason. You trying to change their appearance in any way is asinine. It makes you look like an ingrate and insatiable.

The thirst is real.

..and I had the ‘95 concords. Preaching about sneakers is irrelevant. I already said what you unknowingly seem to be reiterating.
Lol

They really nailed this one. Finally. For once. Look at that pic, that’s the closest retro to an OG maybe ... dare I say ever? Certainly the most accurate in what, more than 15 years?

It sucks the retros of any Jordan or Nike ever deviated from the OGs in the first place. But they did. So if Nike had told me, pick ONE shoe for us to do right again, these are what I would have picked. Still sort of stunned these things turned out like this. Blown away, really. I say it almost never, but THANKS, Nike/JB. Maybe you learned something from this release. Namely, that it’s probably not that tough to do, and when you do it, your loyal fans really do appreciate it (petty complaints re: the 45 aside).
These are the polar opposite to those laughably bad 2011 concords. Just sick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom