Air Jordan 11 Retro Platinum Tint/Sail-University Red October 27 2018

i'm still very excited about the shoe but i agree that it it was cream patent leather, it would look a lot better

Check outlets this week
Maybe you can find a return and purchase with F&F coupon
It starts on Thursday

I love egg nog..so the color is nice to me :lol:

Saw em in hand on Saturday and couldn’t pull the trigger..no patent leather just simply feels weird

I don't necessarily mind the idea of some 11s dropping that don't have patent leather. A few years ago, there was a concord 11 sample floating around that replaced the patent with black durabuck or whatever. I know that if JB ever released that shoe, certain people would be up in arms about what a shamockery it is, but I'd buy it. It would be a cool alternative--not substitute--to the traditional 11. In fact, when the concords dropped in 95, I remember wishing they had been made exactly that way, with black nubuck or durabuck because I thought the patent was just so over the top for casual wear. Whereas a white shoe with a more traditional black "suede" or "leather" toe would have been similar to the Uptempos of the same era. Today I have no problem wearing patent 11s casually, but a non-patent version would be fine with me as well. That said, I agree completely that this here platinum 11 is wholly unappealing, patent or no patent.

The 11 is famous for it's patent leather mudguard, but one the best 11s of all time, the Navy Snakeskin Lows, had a mudguard that WASN'T patent leather. Sure that's an exception to the rule, but just saying.

The 11 is famous for it's patent leather mudguard, but one the best 11s of all time, the Navy Snakeskin Lows, had a mudguard that WASN'T patent leather. Sure that's an exception to the rule, but just saying.

i own the green snakeskin lows and love em. would love to get pairs of the other shades. i heard blues dropping.

The way the 11 is built--the lines and the mudguard--make it a shoe with loads of potential in terms of color and materials blocking. I don't need them all to be patent leather or OG colorways, as long as we still get the OGs from time to time as we do now. I'm not looking for JB to sell the 11 up the river like it has done with other shoes in nonstop endless nonsensical colorways and builds, but I wouldn't mind some cool other makeups that are done the right way. Part of the reason we get bent about Jordan or Nike "butchering classics" is because most of the new spins they put on those shoes aren't actually appealing to most people, as opposed to people hating it because they just can't accept anything that isn't an OG colorway. The platinum tints are a perfect example. You go out and really do a different 11, and you make it look like this? All the possibilities and this is what they come up with? It's pretty weak.

IMG_20181029_181740600.jpg

Had To Dubb Up!!! Will Get Dirty Way Too Fast!!!

These for some reason remind me of the pacific 7s with that off white color no one liked on release.. Give em couple years, I know that’s long but these will be rated eventually just because they are different.

I'm not a fan of patent leather, so the nubuck doesn't bother me at all. Can't wait to see how they look in-hand when my pair c9mes from SP.

And I love my 72-10s. My favorite 11 CW, actually *shrug*

What was your guys thoughts on these?

410FCCF3-4EE4-4D52-98D8-A9E152422456.jpeg

Not a bad shoe at all but personally not a fan. My favorite thing about 11s is the contrast blocking between the mudguard/rand/whatever you want to call it, and the upper. But I'm not a fan of monochromatic shoes in general. At least not shoes like this where the contrast is what makes them look good in the first place.

72-10s for me only bc the white translucent bottom. Smoky black would’ve been ideal

I think the 72-10 was a dope shoe a very different approach to the normal 11 , I think if anything a red sole like the playoffs would have been cool like a special version of the shoe he actually wore ..when mine were ds I loved the milky soles I thought Nike did an excellent job with this shoe..blew the gammas away for sure but this is just my opinion.

The way the 11 is built--the lines and the mudguard--make it a shoe with loads of potential in terms of color and materials blocking. I don't need them all to be patent leather or OG colorways, as long as we still get the OGs from time to time as we do now. I'm not looking for JB to sell the 11 up the river like it has done with other shoes in nonstop endless nonsensical colorways and builds, but I wouldn't mind some cool other makeups that are done the right way. Part of the reason we get bent about Jordan or Nike "butchering classics" is because most of the new spins they put on those shoes aren't actually appealing to most people, as opposed to people hating it because they just can't accept anything that isn't an OG colorway. The platinum tints are a perfect example. You go out and really do a different 11, and you make it look like this? All the possibilities and this is what they come up with? It's pretty weak.

I didn’t understand why they would release these either ..but when I read the story behind the colorway on snkrs app they said they chose to do a shoe that used materials and colors from space and flight suits which after reading I thought was a dope concept. Kinda like a nasa space suit 11 is what these are supposed to resemble so if you look at it like that it will make more since..those suits are a dull off white color with some red piping.

Everyone shuts up about the patent leather :rofl:

haha its not so much as that theres no patent. imo, its moreso that they took away the patent, but instead of redeeming themselves and putting something of good quality in its place, they chose to do that cruddy nubuck. thats my take on it at least. if the nubuck had been nice, i probably would have copped.

i was gonna ask what was the main reason people didn't like them besides the lack of PL, and you've just answered it, thank you!

Yeah, rumor has it that the Navy Snakeskin lows are releasing next year. A pair I've always wanted, so hopefully the reports are true.

wow, great to know, thank you for the info, i missed out on the green skins, so hopefully i get an opportunity to cop.

What was your guys thoughts on these?

410FCCF3-4EE4-4D52-98D8-A9E152422456.jpeg

def cop, but i would cop any xi

I didn’t understand why they would release these either ..but when I read the story behind the colorway on snkrs app they said they chose to do a shoe that used materials and colors from space and flight suits which after reading I thought was a dope concept. Kinda like a nasa space suit 11 is what these are supposed to resemble so if you look at it like that it will make more since..those suits are a dull off white color with some red piping.

yes i agree the story itself is pretty interesting

Back
Top Bottom