Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

Street gear dudes look like scumbags I would never shop at a place like that.. dude probably wants $350 out the gate.

http://i66.tinypic.com/21s7z6.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/21a021j.jpg
thanks.. from what I see, Patent leather on 2016 is slightly higher than the pair MJ wore. Jumpans facing same direction, 45 the same. Sole color the only real discrepancy???

lol @ DTLR charging $10 shipping where as 99% of other retailers offer free shipping.

When I placed my raffle for dtlr the shipping was less than state tax. My Nike pair, which has free shipping, costs more because of the tax.

So the FTL app only tells us if we won a raffle? How does the "head start" come into play? I have a 3min head start...

Last edited:
The patent leather cut seems VERY similar to og 11s. Are you comparing these to any of the 3 hightop OG's? Or are you just comparing these to the movie pair??? And where's your pic of the on court version MJ wore?
If my previous comparison isn't clear enough here's a pair of on-court. Again, look at the Jumpman placement. Elastic tab goes down to about shoulder of logo where on the 2016s its at the crotch. Only difference between on-court and screen is the 23 and the 45... Same lower PL as screen, same lower jumpman placement and same lack of blue sole. Same leather curve going lower too. 

If you can't see that 2016s, as coveted as they'll be, aren't OG screen "Space Jams" or even PEs I don't know what to tell ya.

Hate that they chg'd the packaging to the top open
And not the drawer

thanks.. from what I see, Patent leather on 2016 is slightly higher than the pair MJ wore. Jumpans facing same direction, 45 the same. Sole color the only real discrepancy???
The PE pair is more of a deeper purple, the 45 on the 2016's appear to be a bit taller and wider compared to the PE's, the placement of the Jumpman are higher on the 2016's as you can see the ball is level to the center of the 5 oppose to the PE's (the ball is level to the center of the 4), and the soles were a milkier ice blue tone on the PE's compared to the 2016's. The 2016's soles are more of a clearer icy blue tint.
n351ls.jpg

Last edited:
I keep telling ya'll the cut wasn't OG. Not in the movie or on the court bruh. The PL on these is way higher.

If you can't tell how clearly different they are then at least look at the placement of the jumpman in relation to the elastic heel tab... OG had the bottom of the elastic at around the shoulder of the JM, new ones have it at damn near the crotch. Look at how low the curve of the black leather goes on the OG, the 23 vs the 45, white vs blue soles. These are decidedly NOT accurate.

View media item 2255534

View media item 2255546

Just for the sake of clarity regarding the argument over these being based off of the movie pair and / or the pair MJ wore in the 95' Eastern Conference Finals...Just quick compiled information from discussions we had earlier on in the thread...

Apparently these are the actual pairs Nike / JB used to base these '16 released off of...The ones owned by CroatianStyle and posted up in his little Cali exhibit he had earlier on this year...

View media item 1929818View media item 1929806View media item 1929782
Here's a video with some good shots, of one pair at least...Apparently this is THE pair MJ wore in the movie, stitched "23" and all...Skip to about 2:45 to get to the Jams...

This video shows the DS pair that CroatianStyle has...Skip to about 1:50 to take a peek...

Argument can go either way honestly...

In my view the release pairs are more in line with the what MJ wore in the '95 Finals with Nike / JB using the Space Jam connection as an obvious selling point...The PL height on the 2016 release is a clear throwback to the 95' - 96' release pairs which, more often than not, had a much fuller cut (Though there were inconsistent cuts even back then...Via different factories / countries of origin etc...)...

FWIW though...The PL cut on the game worn pair is super thin, even in comparison to the pairs used for the movie...

Anyway pics of the shoes in game...

View media item 2256420View media item 2256421View media item 2256422View media item 2256423View media item 2256424View media item 2256425View media item 2256426View media item 2256427View media item 2256428View media item 2256429View media item 2256431View media item 2256432
Long winded but, essentially, the release shoe we're getting is a mash up of the OG's, MJ game worn PE's, and movie pairs...Concord accents, thicker PL cut, and stitched 45...For JB to say definitively that this shoe is a 100% faithful re-creation of the movie pair is, as is usual for JB, a spin to get hype through the roof for the release...Simple as that...

just called my champs and they told me they done calling people 
mean.gif
  i never get called from footlocker so thats a lost and i dont even know about footaction also just sign up for the DTLR raffle so im pray i get it otherwise im screwed kinda trying to avoid ordering from euro sites 

Back
Top Bottom