Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

72-10s are special indeed. This is a shoe that will most likely never see a re-release. I think in time it will be highly desirable. SJs will be available every 7-9 years as long as JB is around and retros are being produced.

CroatianStyle's pair, which JB is using for inspiration, has "23" stitched on the heel...Wouldn't worry about the "45"...

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. We got Chi X's last year at the start of the remastered line. Those aren't even a PE and they gave us the PE version with the "45"....

Space Jams ARE a PE though. They've never been in game without the 45 on the back. If they're making the jumpman purple with purple traction pods then you know the "45" is coming too :wink:

Best way to seperate it from the actual OG CW's and Nike still gets to keep the mystique of the space jams cause I doubt they'll say jumpman jam on them either. Nike is genius.

72-10s are special indeed. This is a shoe that will most likely never see a re-release. I think in time it will be highly desirable. SJs will be available every 7-9 years as long as JB is around and retros are being produced.

The shoes won't mean a thing once dubs break the record

The apparel too :x having a shirt repping the second best record of all time...

The shoes won't mean a thing once dubs break the record

The apparel too :x having a shirt repping the second best record of all time...

Every record is meant to be broken. It's all about who did it first. Will Curry have 6 rings? Pete Sampras broke the record with 14 slams, then Roger Federer came in and broke that with 17 and 302 weeks at no.1 vs. 286. Now we have Novak Djokovic who can potentially break both records. That still won't make 72-10 any less of an accomplishment. These kids are playing a different game than the ball that was played in the '90s and before.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. We got Chi X's last year at the start of the remastered line. Those aren't even a PE and they gave us the PE version with the "45"....

Space Jams ARE a PE though. They've never been in game without the 45 on the back. If they're making the jumpman purple with purple traction pods then you know the "45" is coming too :wink:

Best way to seperate it from the actual OG CW's and Nike still gets to keep the mystique of the space jams cause I doubt they'll say jumpman jam on them either. Nike is genius.

The Chi X's were a PE version that MJ wore...With the "45" on the side that is...

Dre's pair has "23"...Using his pair for inspiration I'm putting my money on a "23 being on there...Add to that is the fact that this release is coinciding with the anniversary of the movie, not MJ wearing these in an NBA game, pushes me even further into the "23" camp...The pair's used for the film were "23"...Now if these were celebrating MJ's wearing them in the '95 Eastern Conference Finals I'd be slightly leaning "45"...

I wouldn't be mad with the "45" and in truth it's what I'd prefer...Just looking at it logically, and with the info we have this far, it's just not likely to be there...

Last edited:
These are beautiful, I must secure these if I don't secure anything else this year. 

Don't worry Sak. You're going get to cook on every thing you want this year. I hope all of us do. So far I've gotten everything I've wanted. Maroons, 72s, chromes, and WCs. It hasn't been this easy since '05-'08 imo.

Yes they have stronger ties with the movie than any actual in game wear. These wouldn't be so legendary without the movie. I can't believe it's been 20 years since R.Kelly came out with I believe I can fly haha. He wasn't always known for "I just wanna piss on you." Haha

Don't worry Sak. You're going get to cook on every thing you want this year. I hope all of us do. So far I've gotten everything I've wanted. Maroons, 72s, chromes, and WCs. It hasn't been this easy since '05-'08 imo.
True I managed to secure the Nike Air Cement 4s, I'm sure I can secure these and the other releases I want.

Last year people were hating on the 72-10, I was too, but at the end I won a raffle and decided to get them cuz it was not hard work.

These will sell out too regardless, book it.

Last year people were hating on the 72-10, I was too, but at the end I won a raffle and decided to get them cuz it was not hard work.

These will sell out too regardless, book it.

A lot of people were on the fence with them, but once you see them in person you quickly change your mind. I thought they went really fast in NYC. Definitely a lot of interest.

Not at all... They legit make a million pairs

Just be ready come release day.

A lot of people were on the fence with them, but once you see them in person you quickly change your mind. I thought they went really fast in NYC. Definitely a lot of interest.
I didn't like them at first, they've grown on me ever since. On the verge of trading my 2014 Black Infrapinks 6s for them. 

Okay, this is how I'm going to choose to look at this situation. He wore the purple Jumpman in that series before he wore them in the movie. That makes them just a PE sample and not a shoe exclusive to the movie. For me the purple pair will be special in its own way but will not be the 'Space Jam' to me.

I will look at the blue Space Jam as a commemorative shoe. Nike often takes models and gives them colorways to honor past events even tho they aren't the exact colorway that was worn on court (DMPs, LeBron Championship Packs, etc.). That is how I will continue to look at the pair with the blue jumpman. It's not the pair he wore in the movie but it was made to commemorate the movie. Both pairs will be special for me.

I would not have copped another blue pair but if the purple pair is done correctly (proper phrase on tongue, proper slight blue tint on sole), I will likely cop.

As for the question about NBA dress code, the NBA required white or black based sneakers with team color accents. The entire team had to wear either black or white. Several teams, including the Bulls, wore white for the regular season and black for the playoffs. MJ pulled out the concords for the Magic Playoff series and was told he couldn't wear them anymore cuz they were white based and his team was wearing black. That's why he wore the Flight Ones for a game then pulled out the black 11 sample he had.
What was the point of all that?

Just look at them as what Royal 1's are to the ones. That's all they are.
You mean a +cw? Or what? He is saying the real space jam (concord jm) is not real to him but the retro, which is blue, is real to him.

Last edited:
JB is changing every OG retro back to its OG colors. Aqua's, Bordeaux's, cements, Hares etc. I know people are going to be hurt when they release the Infrareds with a darker Infrared
Precisely why i decided to wait. Seen this trend starting while some solid models were releasing. Just matter of time till they redo.

Back
Top Bottom