Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

Not sure if it was addressed but is the jumpman on the retail pair supposed to be royal blue or concord? Looks royal in the pics.

​They do look royal in some pics. Think lighting may be reason.  They will be concord purple.
yea and because of this there's still people that don't believe they were concord in space jam. think the blue ray had it showing properly tho

yea and because of this there's still people that don't believe they were concord in space jam. think the blue ray had it showing properly tho
​Watched that movie on video when younger.  It easily could've have passed as royal. HD wasn't around those days.  Plus in 2000 it wasn't givin that much thought.  Most just assumed yep, that's the same color and everything.  Still pics over the years educated me as well.  Mostly this forum/site actually.

color was concord. I assume it varies just like with other colors JB uses, I've seen some pics where the purple on aqua 8s look bluish

Nike switches colors around on certain retros and it pisses me when they do that.  Just when you think you got the original Jordan you always wanted to get back. Nope, shades of red, purple blue, actually matter to certain.  But it smart in one way to keep us all coming back for more.  I don't want to by 5 diff versions of the jam to fill the thirst of what I wanted out of just that one perfect pair.  To me the pe is a perfect retro, to others a jam with 23 on the back is perfect and I agree.  It depends on what that shoe personally means to you.  The Brand knows how to keep us coming back.  Colors are the main attraction and they know it.  A shade of red has made myself buy several diff jordans of the same model.  I hate to admit.  But when you want that perfect pair you continue to buy.  Hell aqua VIIIs are one my all times, and a shade of GREY got my purchase and I had originals and own the 07.

Nike switches colors around on certain retros and it pisses me when they do that.  Just when you think you got the original Jordan you always wanted to get back. Nope, shades of red, purple blue, actually matter to certain.  But it smart in one way to keep us all coming back for more.  I don't want to by 5 diff versions of the jam to fill the thirst of what I wanted out of just that one perfect pair.  To me the pe is a perfect retro, to others a jam with 23 on the back is perfect and I agree.  It depends on what that shoe personally means to you.  The Brand knows how to keep us coming back.  Colors are the main attraction and they know it.  A shade of red has made myself buy several diff jordans of the same model.  I hate to admit.  But when you want that perfect pair you continue to buy.  Hell aqua VIIIs are one my all times, and a shade of GREY got my purchase and I had originals and own the 07.

I kinda agree with this. I feel like this shoe doenst know what it is lol. In Nightwings video he is like "What is it, Space Jams, or PEs"? I don't know. It makes me wonder how Nike isn't decided on what it is. Honestly, I don't have the connection to Jordans as others do. That's not to knock anyone who wants this shoe. To me, and I know I might get roasted, but I'm gonna have to try these on. I don't really like black shoes.....I'm kinda digging these though. I think I have decided, if I can go to the mall and try them on and like them, I will buy. If I dont, then it's no big deal to pass.***shoulder shrug***

I kinda agree with this. I feel like this shoe doenst know what it is lol. In Nightwings video he is like "What is it, Space Jams, or PEs"? I don't know. It makes me wonder how Nike isn't decided on what it is. Honestly, I don't have the connection to Jordans as others do. That's not to knock anyone who wants this shoe. To me, and I know I might get roasted, but I'm gonna have to try these on. I don't really like black shoes.....I'm kinda digging these though. I think I have decided, if I can go to the mall and try them on and like them, I will buy. If I dont, then it's no big deal to pass.***shoulder shrug***
​  With you on your comment,  they put the space jam packaging all over it.  But a 45 on the back of the shoe.  PE or the movie, where are they going.  With all the packaging, you would think they would take it all the way.  The shoe says PE the packaging says Movie.  I love the PE version more but still this is how Nike does, give a little but not all.  With all the hype, 23 should have been on the back to match the movie version completely.  This is what nike does to us.  Wanting that perfect pair.

he's right... nightwing's pair is sitting straight, da first pair is tilted towards us so it skewes da angle.
even with the overhead angle it's clear the pl height is higher and thicker than nightwing's pair

i would wait till ya can verify they're da exact same size before we all jump to conclusions..

So what do you think about the 3 pics above? Just wanting your thoughts if possible about all this.

i hope JB actually commits to da higher cut Patent leather...that nightiwng pair is a lil bit deflating, why 1/2 step on da OGish looking mold and pull a 2009ish cut last minute? :smh:

not to mention da 2009 pairs are wild uncomfortable..

i would wait till ya can verify they're da exact same size before we all jump to conclusions..
i hope JB actually commits to da higher cut Patent leather...that nightiwng pair is a lil bit deflating, why 1/2 step on da OGish looking mold and pull a 2009ish cut last minute? :smh:

not to mention da 2009 pairs are wild uncomfortable..
i don't think verifying size is necessary, especially since the retail pair is a retail pair and the gm pair is not. Many"early" pairs had ridiculously high pl cut

Last edited:
2000x4000px-LL-53777a61_jordan-spacejams.jpeg

View media item 2206328
nightwing's pair lacks that bulkiness da early pairs & OG's had...

imma still cop but now it'll just be one pair...i got 2 pairs of 2009...i wanted a drastic change...it looks like JB split da difference.

​Watched that movie on video when younger.  It easily could've have passed as royal. HD wasn't around those days.  Plus in 2000 it wasn't givin that much thought.  Most just assumed yep, that's the same color and everything.  Still pics over the years educated me as well.  Mostly this forum/site actually.
yea the camera tech didn't pic it up right and that's why the original public release was blue and not concord

Ugh how we know Nightwing pair is legit? I hope mines look like the MS/early pairs honestly. Thought we was making progress. NW pair is better than 09 but not good enough. Hope his are fake. Damn! :smh:

Last edited:
:rofl:

They look exactly like the 96 pair lol

View media item 2206351
OG PL didn't swallow of the while upper like people claimed to justify the early pairs and i hope retail pairs don't either

OG PL was higher originally but not too high

Eh I guess your kind of right. I'll give you that. I just now took the time to actually look at nightwings video and they actually don't look bad and are pretty on par with what I was expecting. I just think a lot of people (maybe younger) don't understand just how bulky OG/2000 11s actually used to be. A lot of us are excited to see that look come back and after those early pics the mere thought of going back to that horrible low/banana profile is haunting to say the least. Anyway, if this "app" mess prevents me from getting 2 pairs of this shoe I swear I'm going to raise hell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom