AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by beh235

If you have a problem with the quality of these, do us all a favor and run into a brick wall b
laugh.gif
. Someone mentioned earlier that the leather looks too thin. How would you know just by looking at a pic? Smh, people just want to #%$@! and moan for the sake of doing it.

I assume you're talking about me..
laugh.gif

Look at the leather density on the back of the shoe on the sides.. on the older retros the stitching dips in and creates almost "columns" of leather.

After taking a look at one of the pictures posted on the other page, the back of these has the stitching at the same level of the leather. Gives the leather a thin look. The stitching should be dug into the leather to give it a chunky thick look like I'm used to seeing on the back of the XIIs.

air-jordan-12-xii-retro-white-black-taxi-countdown-pack.jpg

^ see the leather indentation on the back due to the stitching?

I know I'm probably being real anal about that, but I don't know what you want me to tell you.
laugh.gif
That always stood out to me about the XIIs. Even my CDP Taxis have that quality about them.

If you think I'm arguing just to argue, go ahead. Those last pics look a lot better than the other ones I saw before, but man I'm hoping that I'm just seeing things too critical or something.. I love this colorway. That's really my only gripe about these so far is the leather indentation not being there from what I saw. Other than that, the colors / blocking stayed true for the most part so I'm happy.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by edmtl

Quick question. Is a DS OG Playoff wearable? Thanks in advance.

Yes, they are.  No question about it. 
I have a pair of OG White/Red 12's, worn them about 3 times, and they are as NT always describes them, "Tanks" 
Ill cosign this... my OG playoffs are wearable too.

Biggest problem you might come across (I personally havent had the problem) is sole separation. In that case just glue it back.

My biggest problem is the frailty of the silver "JUMPMAN" tabs.  They've all cracked on me.

My solution: Barge Cement used as a type of sealant.

Might have to cop come on RD. Never owned a pair of these  but they were always 
pimp.gif
 back in the day 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PTone

My biggest problem is the frailty of the silver "JUMPMAN" tabs.  They've all cracked on me.

My solution: Barge Cement used as a type of sealant.

It's like a hit or miss with that issue.  Hasn't happened to me yet, but it's always in the back of my mind. 
Those last pics look great, still 50/50 on them.   If I end up finding a '04 pair or even a '97 OG for less than $350 before April, I might pass on the 2012's.  

I need these in my life. I ain't droppin no $300+ for the ogs, or any pair of shoes for that matter. Lol $75 more and that's my car payment w/insurance for the month. These will do just fine.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

If you have a problem with the quality of these, do us all a favor and run into a brick wall b
laugh.gif
. Someone mentioned earlier that the leather looks too thin. How would you know just by looking at a pic? Smh, people just want to #%$@! and moan for the sake of doing it.

laugh.gif

Look at the leather density on the back of the shoe on the sides.. on the older retros the stitching dips in and creates almost "columns" of leather.

After taking a look at one of the pictures posted on the other page, the back of these has the stitching at the same level of the leather. Gives the leather a thin look. The stitching should be dug into the leather to give it a chunky thick look like I'm used to seeing on the back of the XIIs.

I know I'm probably being real anal about that, but I don't know what you want me to tell you.
laugh.gif
That always stood out to me about the XIIs. Even my CDP Taxis have that quality about them.

If you think I'm arguing just to argue, go ahead. Those last pics look a lot better than the other ones I saw before, but man I'm hoping that I'm just seeing things too critical or something.. I love this colorway. That's really my only gripe about these so far is the leather indentation not being there from what I saw. Other than that, the colors / blocking stayed true for the most part so I'm happy.
tongue.gif
i feel exactly the same way, the xiis became my favorite jordan because of how much padding was in the 2004 retros, the tongue of the shoe was packed, and that zoom air....

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

Originally Posted by spizike231

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tongue.gif
i feel exactly the same way, the xiis became my favorite jordan because of how much padding was in the 2004 retros, the tongue of the shoe was packed, and that zoom air....

All of the padding / leather quality / thickness of the sole is what really made these shoes tanks. From the OGs all the way up to '04 retros, these shoes could take a beating.

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this change in those pictures.
nerd.gif

I hate to say it, but I doubt these 2012's will be able to take a beating anything near to what the previous releases could sustain.

^^ Ok, ok. Maybe I overreacted to your comment. I'm at work and can't see the pics on my computer so I'm p4L in terms of comparitive pics. However, I've seen the 2012 retro pics and for me, they pass the eyeball test. This is coming from a person who had both the OG taxi's and playoffs. And yes they lasted a VERY long time (IMO the best quality numbered Jordan ever). I do have the White/Carolina retro and the padding is nice and they definitely feel different. But to each their own. And yeah, sorry about that brick wall comment
laugh.gif
. I read three straight threads with the same complaint, I got annoyed lol.

I hope these are less of a pain to get than the last few retro releases.

^ I'm sure if you see them in person you are going to change your mind.

Most releases nowadays people say 'pass' until they see hundreds of pics pop up on here and then regret it.

Originally Posted by bence23

HUGE difference?

LMAO.. same damn shoe just different lighting

The difference is big enough, the first pic the stitching looks horrible almost like it was just painted on where the bottom pic actually looks stitched.
Also the bottom picture looks like it has a higher cut then the first one

I think will get the same treatment has the flu game, white red, and rising sun retro's, no cushioning at all.  I tried on all 3 with a pair of the 04 retro's on the other foot and there was a MAJOR difference in cushioning.  There was plenty of bounce in the 04 retro with the air and the carbon fiber plate but literally nothing in the newer models.  One of my favorite models but no thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom