AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by trappedintime
it's not even that.
you see some kids on line that are just socially awkward.

I think sneakers are so popular nowadays because it's an icebreaker for some people.

they can join a forum to find friends online and be heard.

they can talk on line on a friday night to sat morning.

I've seen dudes "camp" for kicks and not even cop a pair, just tag along with a friend.

they're not sneakerheads, they're just mingling in their own way 
laugh.gif

I've even seen some  "OG" sneakerheads spend all day and night talking about kicks on facebook 
laugh.gif
alien.gif

Have you been on tumblr? It's even crazier on there. I gained about 200 followers that are about 14-18, so about 10-15 years younger than me, that have nothing in common with me. But I post photos of what I wear and of my collection, and these kids spend all day putting Jordans, snapbacks, rappers, and weed (all in photo form) on their blogs. They're so homogenous that you can't differentiate one from the other. Swag robots! And you have to think if they're that way online, it's even worse in person. All trying to be someone they think culture tells them they should be in order to be accepted or "someone."

Originally Posted by Brianptt

So glad I passed on these with everyone saying how awful the quality is. I passed b/c there is just too much heat coming up and these will be just like the WC 4's where if I want one later on, the prices will fall to prob around 2-225. Anyone who wasn't able to cop I would recommend just waiting it out b/c prices WILL fall, it seems like there was a good amount of these made and most people bought just to flip.
no bs...a ton on ebay....i know i will have two or 3 for sale depending what size fits me perfect....Luckly ill be able to help a nter out with size.  

Where I'm at. High school kids can't afford these overpriced shoes. But whatever. Done ragging about what people wear. I'm more focus on the shoes. So it is what it is. You guys have your head stuck up your *!%@+ apparently.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by trappedintime
it's not even that.
you see some kids on line that are just socially awkward.

I think sneakers are so popular nowadays because it's an icebreaker for some people.

they can join a forum to find friends online and be heard.

they can talk on line on a friday night to sat morning.

I've seen dudes "camp" for kicks and not even cop a pair, just tag along with a friend.

they're not sneakerheads, they're just mingling in their own way 
laugh.gif

I've even seen some  "OG" sneakerheads spend all day and night talking about kicks on facebook 
laugh.gif
alien.gif
When extra butter opened up at first a few block from my house i thought it was the sickest thing ever, but now any jordan release, like a day before there will be a bunch of like 40 year old woman out there online. They were talking about sellin em 12 hours before they even bought them.  it sucks. the Last time i was on that line was for concords, and there was 2 kids in front of me i was talking to, and they noticed i was going up and down the line tlakin to ppl askin wut sizes they were lookin for etc, trya get an idea of wether or not i had a shot of gettin a pair if i waited 10 hrs. The 2 kids then start tellin me some bs story and i find out they have 8 friends in the car. im like i just asked you who was gettin pairs, and hes like oh yea i meant us and them too. meanwhile heard em  talkin, out of i think 10 kids one was keepin em. the rest re sellers. The hispanic women up front were like 60 i think i dont think they were wearin em either, sucks. Extra butter is the *%!. great shop, just sucks, i wish like my library card gave me priority or somethin. im a local, it sucks

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Though I was able to get two pair and I have one on the way. I will say Footlocker corp will be getting a call on Monday.
I absolutely HATE my local HOH. The employees are like prison guards.. Walking around thinking they control the universe on release dates...

you need to call their corporate offices on 34th st and send them an email as well if they pulled some shady stuff. 

too many of these minimum wage warriors are gassed up and their shady tactics on release dates are a joke.

how does a store get 150 pairs but only sell 80 of those pairs to customers (something that's happened around my way before)  employees got heated at me as i told people in the line that the store had 80 pairs for regular customers, and 70 other pairs held down for resellers, employees and their friends which was true. regular customers have a 1 pair limit but if your in good with an employee you can walk out with 4-5 pairs. it's rediculous.  a few months ago an employee had a slick attitude with me,  i told him that he damn well wouldn't pop off like that and act smug if he were outside his place of employment.  i've gotten a few footlocker employees fired around my way when the situation warranted calls being made to corporate due to shady tactics they pulled which caused me to not be able to get sneakers on their release date.

their an at will employer and can be fired at any given time,  if they screw you over and pull shady stuff, make that call to corporate, if more people started doing that to shady sneaker store employees results would happen quicker.
They were letting their friends get 3-4 tickets. 
Letting friends cut lines.. Putting there hands on people. 

Talking so disrespectfully... It's almost like they don't want to sell to us.  

and that's why i tend to avoid sneaker stores for the most part around my way.    i'm a chill person for the most part but i won't tolerate getting the run around and lied to my face and not do anything about it.  it's not tough guy talk or nothing but i have no problem laying hands on an employee that thinks he can't be touched because he's in his workplace or someone trying to cut the line and i know that so i rather avoid putting myself in that situation to get in trouble because i have a temper that doesn't operate rationally when disrespected.

the majority of the time i'm successful ordering online, i don't have any problems or any b.s and i just don't feel like waiting in front of a store for a few hours to buy a pair of sneakers for retail price so it's online or bust for me.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

Woke Up This Morning With ZERO Intentions Of Picking Up This Release...... Decided It Best To Go Have A Look In Person At The Quality So As I Wasn't Regretful Down The Line For Passing On 'Em.... Having Had An OG PAir Back In '97 I Was A Bit Skeptical About How These Were Going To Turn Out, But Something Kept Me In Line For The Hour And A Half Until It Was Time To Hand Out Tickets..... When The Champs Employee Got To Me, They Had Already Run Out Of My Size 10 (Turns Out They Only Release ONE Size 10 To The Public
30t6p3b.gif
), So I Ended Up Settling On A Size 12 With Hopes Of Trading For My True Size....... Sure Enough, The Big Homie Proballer From Here On NT Ended Up Getting Stuck With A Size 10 Up In Wyoming And Was In Need Of This 12 I Was Stuck With
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

All In All, Not A Bad Release IMO, Although These New Jordan Brand Box's Are About As CHEAP As It Gets
indifferent.gif

*Decided To Pull The Ol' "Flints" Out Of Hibernation To Go And Peep Out These Playoff's

Nice heats. I wore my CG IV's to go get these Playoffs. It's crazy how all these people waiting in line talk about they got this and that but when they show up, none of them are wearing anything eye catching. I think most of em are BS but then again they might have em. I was expecting to see people showoff their kicks. Guess not.

^ I was thinking the same thing.
No real heat other than the most recent retro releases (white/red 14's, Concords, Stealth 10's).

I wore my BHM 3's.

pimp.gif
I always wear BEATERS to every Jordan release if I HAVE to camp out. Too much crap can happen, only kids and dudes trying to show off real bad wear there "heat" lol

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I hate when lines end up being a fashion show. The people in line are 95% males and 5% underrage females. Who are you trying to impress. The main objective is to buy shoes and you should focus on that. At the Cement IV line, this dude and his girl were taking turns every 15 mins or so going to the bathroom to change shoes. Like, the dude would get up and his girl would watch his spot and vice versa. They whipped out '99 Cements, 01 Black Cements, etc. Don't get me wrong, they had heat, but they also looked extremely stupid changing shoes every 15 minutes.

Bart Scott for this "couple" to hit world star...they get shook, and no dambs will be given

Nice heats. I wore my CG IV's to go get these Playoffs. It's crazy how all these people waiting in line talk about they got this and that but when they show up, none of them are wearing anything eye catching. I think most of em are BS but then again they might have em. I was expecting to see people showoff their kicks. Guess not.

No real heat other than the most recent retro releases (white/red 14's, Concords, Stealth 10's).

I wore my BHM 3's.

pimp.gif

I'm telling you bro. Every one was in $40 Vans trying to buy J's. I'm not hating on Vans or anything but I guess I was just expecting more. Oh well.
people probably don't want to get robbed. and vans/converse are actually quite nice, they're affordable for those unfortunate to buy every exclusive sneaker that releases.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

^Na u gotta wear em

That act represents the newness of ya footwear. Other ppl can wear em, but once worn you can't lick the bottoms again or at least I wouldn't recommend it. Lol The shoe kiss represent the original owner, like taking a girl virginity. They remember their first & nothing like being the first. My kicks are my babies. When I get new joints I rock & cradle em like newborns. Giving em baby pecks lol. My girl thinks its ridiculous & funny "at the same d@mn time!!!"

Are you under the impression that sneakers are sterilized? I mean, just because they haven't touched the ground doesn't mean they're "clean". Would you lick some new tires off the assembly line? It's just rubber, like sneaker soles. Would you lick the dirty %!! machines the rubber soles come off of? Would you lick the people hands in the sweatshops who handle them?
Anyone who licks sneakers is an idiot. There are no exceptions.
I ain't lickin nothin from China, don't want to get SARS

Rocked my Taxis to this release and had some dude in front of me ask me how much I'd sell them for. Too bad I don't budge on selling any of my shoes. 
tongue.gif

you need to call their corporate offices on 34th st and send them an email as well if they pulled some shady stuff. 

too many of these minimum wage warriors are gassed up and their shady tactics on release dates are a joke.

how does a store get 150 pairs but only sell 80 of those pairs to customers (something that's happened around my way before)  employees got heated at me as i told people in the line that the store had 80 pairs for regular customers, and 70 other pairs held down for resellers, employees and their friends which was true. regular customers have a 1 pair limit but if your in good with an employee you can walk out with 4-5 pairs. it's rediculous.  a few months ago an employee had a slick attitude with me,  i told him that he damn well wouldn't pop off like that and act smug if he were outside his place of employment.  i've gotten a few footlocker employees fired around my way when the situation warranted calls being made to corporate due to shady tactics they pulled which caused me to not be able to get sneakers on their release date.

their an at will employer and can be fired at any given time,  if they screw you over and pull shady stuff, make that call to corporate, if more people started doing that to shady sneaker store employees results would happen quicker.
They were letting their friends get 3-4 tickets. 
Letting friends cut lines.. Putting there hands on people. 

Talking so disrespectfully... It's almost like they don't want to sell to us.  

and that's why i tend to avoid sneaker stores for the most part around my way.    i'm a chill person for the most part but i won't tolerate getting the run around and lied to my face and not do anything about it.  it's not tough guy talk or nothing but i have no problem laying hands on an employee that thinks he can't be touched because he's in his workplace or someone trying to cut the line and i know that so i rather avoid putting myself in that situation to get in trouble because i have a temper that doesn't operate rationally when disrespected.

the majority of the time i'm successful ordering online, i don't have any problems or any b.s and i just don't feel like waiting in front of a store for a few hours to buy a pair of sneakers for retail price so it's online or bust for me.

don't let the pressure get to you. like many people say, "they're just sneakers". once you let it pressure you because you want it so bad, it'll make a chill day turn to **** before you know it. so try to think you'll get some but it is possible to miss some too like many who missed the Playoffs this time around.. don't let it get to you, don't let it make you look like a fool, and don't let it carry you to jail.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

I wore my BHM 3's.

pimp.gif
I always wear BEATERS to every Jordan release if I HAVE to camp out. Too much crap can happen, only kids and dudes trying to show off real bad wear there "heat" lol
Flints>playoffs. Personally the flints and french blues are the hottest XIIs

Wait so wearing other Js to a release is corny now? I didn't unds a pair or anything but yeah I wore my taxis to the mall today to pick up a pair of toddler playoffs and see how things went this morning. My playoffs were copped online. but I dont camp so maybe that's why.And nah I don't think people are trying to impress dudes...well maybe some are if they are changing shoes...but if I see someone wearing a nice joint there is a mutual respect kinda thing. Hell most people outside our world don't understand why we do what we do. So if I see a fellow sneaker head young or old then that's what's up...don't care if it's foams, Js, or lebrons. Judging and hating take too much time and energy.

Originally Posted by glove72

Wait so wearing other Js to a release is corny now? I didn't unds a pair or anything but yeah I wore my taxis to the mall today to pick up a pair of toddler playoffs and see how things went this morning. My playoffs were copped online. but I dont camp so maybe that's why.And nah I don't think people are trying to impress dudes...well maybe some are if they are changing shoes...but if I see someone wearing a nice joint there is a mutual respect kinda thing. Hell most people outside our world don't understand why we do what we do. So if I see a fellow sneaker head young or old then that's what's up...don't care if it's foams, Js, or lebrons. Judging and hating take too much time and energy.

Same here. Wore my js today swoopin up my pair.  Wasn't trying to impress anyone either, just haven't wore them in a while.  Just reminded my about them because of this release and decided to throw them on. And it was still comfy cuz we all know how comfy the 04' retros feel.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73487027@N02/6955105416/http://www.flickr.com/people/73487027@N02/

Originally Posted by just blaze

Originally Posted by glove72

Same here. Wore my js today swoopin up my pair.  Wasn't trying to impress anyone either, just haven't wore them in a while.  Just reminded my about them because of this release and decided to throw them on. And it was still comfy cuz we all know how comfy the 04' retros feel.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73487027@N02/6955105416/http://www.flickr.com/people/73487027@N02/

Love my 04 flu games. They are build like tanks. Mine are still in great condition even after many frat parties and clubs in NYC. Looking good blaze! 

I wish I was lying, but I'm really not. Everyone was all
eek.gif
at first, but after the 3rd round or so of them switching shoes, everyone was
grin.gif
because they realized how corny they are.

As for wearing heat at a line, cool whatever. The issue is when you're doing it just to say, "Hey, look at me!". I would just wear what I would wear every other day. As said, the main objective is getting shoes, not impressing males and underrage females. Stick to that.
I would call these boys out if that ever happens again. I mean just really think about that who actually does that?

Thanks bro, Same here, one of my favorites too. The pic doesn't show it, but I've wore these like crazy. A little beat but I guess it being red mask that a little more. You could even see on the left toe area is scraped from the shifter on my bike. Don't know what I was thinking riding in em. lol

Originally Posted by CowColor

I wish I was lying, but I'm really not. Everyone was all
eek.gif
at first, but after the 3rd round or so of them switching shoes, everyone was
grin.gif
because they realized how corny they are.

As for wearing heat at a line, cool whatever. The issue is when you're doing it just to say, "Hey, look at me!". I would just wear what I would wear every other day. As said, the main objective is getting shoes, not impressing males and underrage females. Stick to that.
I would call these boys out if that ever happens again. I mean just really think about that who actually does that?

i think everybody in line is nervous about getting jacked/jumped/shot/stabbed for saying anything, even saying, "hey, you're cutting". and as for wearing your kicks, there are so many places you can take your kicks from getting dirty/stepped on, that going to the mall with them aren't a bad choice but it is a way of welcoming conversations

was able to copp two pairs today and this is my opinion. i read alot of people complain about the quality on these. i never complain about quality because it is what it is, if you dont like it dont buy the shoe. but the quality on these ARE GOOD in my opinion! they feel great compared to the white/red 12's that released 2 years ago. they are soft and not rock hard. these playoff 12's are special to me because these were my 1st pair of jordans ever and i still remember when my mom took me to florin mall to buy them when i was 6. i have a og pair i rocked a few times and i compared them to my 2012 pair and to my surprise jordan brand did a good job on these. on to the pics.

SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY CELL PHONE PICS!
my 2012 pairs i picked up this morning

comparison pics 2012's on left OG'S on the right

og

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

I wore my BHM 3's.

pimp.gif
^ agreed, I never understood these dudes wearing "HEAT" to wait in line for some shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom