AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JaeMizzle

OG > Retro, I like how I can buy a OG pair of these and they still are wearable after 15 years. I'm glad I passed on these, waiting in line and touched them and said no way, so I bought some OG Taxis to restore..

I like that too, which is why I gladly spent $200 shipped on a DS pair of White/Red 12's.  
But there's no way in hell I was gonna spend $350 and up on an OG of the Playoffs. It's a pain to find some Taxi's in decent brand new condition.  I don't buy used shoes, so I can't speak on that issue. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by JaeMizzle

OG > Retro, I like how I can buy a OG pair of these and they still are wearable after 15 years. I'm glad I passed on these, waiting in line and touched them and said no way, so I bought some OG Taxis to restore..

I like that too, which is why I gladly spent $200 shipped on a DS pair of White/Red 12's.  
But there's no way in hell I was gonna spend $350 and up on an OG of the Playoffs. It's a pain to find some Taxi's in decent brand new condition.  I don't buy used shoes, so I can't speak on that issue. 
Got a pair of 96's cherry xii's also. Quality is top notch, and like everyone says, they are built like tanks.  I do think the 04's had more comfort when wearing em though.  Thats just me though.  Either way both of course better than 12' retros.

got mine in the mail today. shoe looks and feels a lot better than i expected from jb as of late
got them a half size down and they fit perfectly. my feet are normal width with normal arch btw.
very glad i didn't sleep on them.

Originally Posted by Ice Shattered

I noticed a few people were talking about actual reviews/comments on the shoe a few pages back so if anybody still wants to know/cares
-Sizing
IMO they fit true to size, I'm a size 13 and these fit me perfect, no ridiculous spare room like the Cardinal VII last year.
IMO they don't fit like the 09' Red/White XII or the 08 Taxi's either they almost have a unique feel to them, which isnt a bad thing
The comfort level isn't bad granted i walked around my house so there wasn't as much stress on them as if I were playing basketball/walking for a full day.

-Quality
I dont have any excess glue/paint or creasing anywhere on either pair
The strings are noticeably thinner than the 04's/ Exact same as the 09' Red/White pair
Ridges on the ankle/heel of the shoe aren't as "raised" as the 04's

Overall I'm happy with my pairs, not a step ahead in quality but i don't think this release is a step back either, overall glad i doubled up. My pairs came from Finishline BTW
pimp.gif

thanks for adding the "IMO" too many people here state things as FACT when they are not !

I feel really stupid to get rid of my Ds OG Cherry 12's last year even after getting the playoffs... nothing will ever beat that quality

Still looking for my sz. Had to settle for a sz 12! Also bought them for my lil man and it hurts seeing him rock them! Can't wait!

Shipped from NBA Store. Came double boxed with packing paper so the shoe box doesn't slide around.

2ldyiyw.jpg

Time to stock these and never wear them until they retro again in 5 years then complain about how 2012 Playoff 12s > 2017 Playoff 12s in quality.

Just kidding, I like to wear my shoes.

2ibhgev.jpg

From my perspective, I'm a size 9, if I went .5 down, it would probably be too snug for comfort. It does have a bit of room for my toes.
Comfort level isn't bad. I been walking around in them for a couple hours at the mall.
These are my first 12's so I don't have any older OG's or Retros to compare them.
The leather/padding is pretty thin. I'm not sure if the older 12's were thicker or not but that something to think about if you ball in these, but I don't so it doesn't bother me.
After a few hours of breaking them in, shoes have no creases, but only time will tell.
Everyone's feet are different so how it feels for me might not be the same for you.
Plastic lace loops that look like metal and cheap thin shoe laces.
frown.gif

The quality on mines was good, just a small white glue stain on the sole which came off easily and some frayed stitching all around the shoes. Nothing to bad or noticeable.

Overall I'm still happy with my shoes so I'm not complaining. Like what lil wayne and that kid from Degrassi says, YOLO.

Now lets talk about these shoes!

AIRRON wrote:
bravo these are the types of posts i love to read 
pimp.gif

airsully wrote:
thanks for adding the "IMO" too many people here state things as FACT when they are not !

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Appreciate it you guys, hate to see NT fam on the fence/miss out on a pair due to lack of info. Just to clarify about the sizing in my post earlier i like my shoe to "fit" so i dont really like spare room but like i said IMO they fit true to size, don't mimic the XII's that have retro'd in the past few years as far as size but they still fit true. Anybody torn between buying or not I'd cop they're dope.

Originally Posted by Ice Shattered

AIRRON wrote:
bravo these are the types of posts i love to read 
pimp.gif

airsully wrote:

Appreciate it you guys, hate to see NT fam on the fence/miss out on a pair due to lack of info. Just to clarify about the sizing in my post earlier i like my shoe to "fit" so i dont really like spare room but like i said IMO they fit true to size, don't mimic the XII's that have retro'd in the past few years as far as size but they still fit true. Anybody torn between buying or not I'd cop they're dope.

Ditto, very rare to find post that are good read.
I had a pair ordered from offspring so I checked the order status today and it said deleted...I was able to grab a pair off of CL though for $215.  I am a sz 13 and I would say as most 12's are and as stated before run about .5 size larger also for those still looking def check your local CL, guess are asking for crazy prices but shoot them those offers, Money Talks
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AIRRON

Dont hate on dudes who get multiple pairs. If they got multiple pairs in their sig its one thing, but i know me personally, i wanted to go real hard for this release and i did. I mean i guess you put ur self out there for a rashing when u tell a forum full of people that u dropped a g+ on a release when not everyone got their pairs... But I hope he copped his pairs for the right reasons like i did.

i think every reason to cop multiple pairs is the right reason. you don't have to be an og sneakerhead to cop multiple pairs and be respected by the community. the sneaker culture itself is changing rapidly thanks to the internet. Some ppl mentioned on NT that they saw middle aged indian women waiting in line for jordans. I think the sneaker culture now encompasses more than just collectors "for the right reason" 
1. resellers - are making money selling it to hypebeasts

2. hypebeasts - are the ones that buy hot shoes just so they can say they got hot gear. but that means they have to be in the know and lurk everywhere they can to get their own info

3. collectors - at one point they will unload their goodies too to make money for more shoes or cash, actually collectors can be considered smarter investing type of resellers since they release when they know the market has valued old DS pairs at higher amounts.

everything lately is a mish mosh and the culture 3 years ago and now is vastly different. i would say i'm personally a collector who released a bunch of shoes just bc i had to use the money. and now i buy as many multiple pairs i can get via online so that i can sell all but one and just wear the one pair that i own. i don't collect anymore (collect in the sense that i save DS pairs to resell in the future) bc i have no storage space. 

sorry for the train of thought, my point is, every aspect of the shoe culture is mutually affecting the other and like it or not there's nothing you can say or do to change that. So just go with it bruh, appreciate these shoes bc they are sexy and limited. and if you go the cash then by all means congrats. if not, move on to the next release. what started out as a hobby became half of a business because i noticed the next younger generation really love sneakers too and are willing to pay a premium to get their hands on it. 

tired.gif

Originally Posted by just blaze

Well, I just did it.  Just let go of one of my pairs and right after swooped up a pair of DS 04's.  
pimp.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73487027@N02/7114100139/http://www.flickr.com/people/73487027@N02/
pimp.gif

I can't find a DS pair of 04's to save my life.  For now these will suffice.  Maybe I'm not looking hard enough for the imperfections, but the shape on my pairs is pretty decent.

XII's are definitely a shoe made for shorts so these will be in heavy rotation come the summer time.  Hopefully by then I will be able to track down some OGs or 04's.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by just blaze

Well, I just did it.  Just let go of one of my pairs and right after swooped up a pair of DS 04's.  
pimp.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73487027@N02/7114100139/http://www.flickr.com/people/73487027@N02/
pimp.gif

I can't find a DS pair of 04's to save my life.  For now these will suffice.  Maybe I'm not looking hard enough for the imperfections, but the shape on my pairs is pretty decent.

XII's are definitely a shoe made for shorts so these will be in heavy rotation come the summer time.  Hopefully by then I will be able to track down some OGs or 04's.
04's are so amazing to me.  My favorite J's after the 2000 Concord XI's.  They almost bring a tear to my eye because they are very sentimental to me. 

Got a tweet saying ndc launches moved to no eariler than 8:00am eastern day of launch. I guess no midnight releases now.
West Coast is getting screwed.

Originally Posted by Hibb304

Got a tweet saying ndc launches moved to no eariler than 8:00am eastern day of launch. I guess no midnight releases now.

#!% 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

they would be better off doing the drops at a random time(kd tx iv drop) & tweeting the info whenever they are up

lol wow

Definitely not cool at all for westcoast folks. They really want us to get up @4:45am and start clicking away?! Way too early

Dude replied to my e mail saying that the best offer on the pair of 10.5s on CL is $2,400..

Spoiler [+]
Someone is trying to out troll me..
Challenge accepted.

Originally Posted by spizike231

Dude replied to my e mail saying that the best offer on the pair of 10.5s on CL is $2,400..

Spoiler [+]
Challenge accepted.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Kstrick12

Originally Posted by spizike231

Spoiler [+]
Challenge accepted.
roll.gif
This is gonna get interesting
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom