AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
man i cant wait to wear these, weather has been @*%++% so ive been waiting to unds these babies

Originally Posted by b1gdaddyh

NEED HELP WITH CUSTOMS:

I order from offspring UK and customs has it right now and is trying to charge me $80 in customs fees. I do not want to pay this because I was able to get on NDC the next day for retail.

Is there anyway for me to not incur the fees? Customs says that they can not send it back without the merchant recalling the package, and the merchant says they will have to pay this fee and deduct it from my refund. Any thoughts on how I can avoid this fee?
u could contact your credit card compnay saying you never received your shipment... i think at that point they'd open up a claim w/ the seller and you should get your money back.. obviously not a sure thing but that's just logically waht normally happens in other cases

NEED HELP WITH CUSTOMS:

I order from offspring UK and customs has it right now and is trying to charge me $80 in customs fees. I do not want to pay this because I was able to get on NDC the next day for retail.

Is there anyway for me to not incur the fees? Customs says that they can not send it back without the merchant recalling the package, and the merchant says they will have to pay this fee and deduct it from my refund. Any thoughts on how I can avoid this fee?
What was your total of sale and who is charging you the customs fee?  FedEx?

Originally Posted by glove72

NEED HELP WITH CUSTOMS:

Aramex international is charging the fee and the total is 400 so 20%

maybe I'm late to the party on this, but I just noticed that my XII retros from 04 have PLASTIC lace eyelets, not metal as reported elsewhere (I balled them into the ground so the paint chipped off over time).  The "metal" appearance on the 04s is really just high quality paint.  Wonder if the OGs were plastic as well...

In any case, this helps make the plastic eyelets on the these Retros not as lame for me.

Originally Posted by clkru

maybe I'm late to the party on this, but I just noticed that my XII retros from 04 have PLASTIC lace eyelets, not metal as reported elsewhere (I balled them into the ground so the paint chipped off over time).  The "metal" appearance on the 04s is really just high quality paint.  Wonder if the OGs were plastic as well...

In any case, this helps make the plastic eyelets on the these Retros not as lame for me.

I think they were always plastic...just older retro were darker "brushed" metal and new edition are the shiny "chrome" version
Not a hug fan of the shiny/chrome/plastic but not that big of a deal in the end...still a solid shoe...

NEED HELP WITH CUSTOMS:

damn, you copped more than 1 pair...(kiss of death)...
frown.gif

As far as I know, no one that got that tax on multiple pairs of Concords got out of it...Fed Ex cutomer service did some reductions/waivers but I've never dealt with Aramex...
I don't understand how if you refuse delivery or customs processing how they still charge you the fee via your refund...if there is no delivery, there should be no customs fee, right?

frown.gif

As far as I know, no one that got that tax on multiple pairs of Concords got out of it...Fed Ex cutomer service did some reductions/waivers but I've never dealt with Aramex...
I don't understand how if you refuse delivery or customs processing how they still charge you the fee via your refund...if there is no delivery, there should be no customs fee, right?
yeah i was dumb...but even my tax on 2 pairs of concords wasn't that high. it was more in the range of 50 or so...

I thought the same thing, that refusing delivery would just get me my money back and the shoes would just go back to the merchant. but according to the merchant, they have to pay the fee to get it back. i have no idea. i'm thinking about just making a claim with the CC company but will wait till the merchant gets back to me.

thanks for the input!

frown.gif

yeah i was dumb...but even my tax on 2 pairs of concords wasn't that high. it was more in the range of 50 or so...

I thought the same thing, that refusing delivery would just get me my money back and the shoes would just go back to the merchant. but according to the merchant, they have to pay the fee to get it back. i have no idea. i'm thinking about just making a claim with the CC company but will wait till the merchant gets back to me.

thanks for the input!
yeah, all comes down to who is handling it...good luck fam...report back with the outcome so cats can know who not to deal with and stuff...

^let this be a lesson to others then.. that is too crazy, paying the price of a pair of shoes just for customs.. ouch

anyone else's latest orders being held ransom by ndc?? it's been a week and they still haven't released mine to be shipped.. that's a bad sign
frown.gif

NEED HELP WITH CUSTOMS:

You're stuck, either pay the $80 now, or wait another couple weeks and get it deducted from your refund.  
You can't avoid it, the seller/website should have put a low value on it, but because of legal reasons, they can't. 

Who really got through @ NDC.

Isnt it wierd they cancelled orders on a Random Restock, not that many ppl knew about

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

mad.gif
 ndc just cancelled my order.. my hunt continues i guess.. right when i thought i caught a break

Coincidentally i did the live chat today wondering what was going on with my order and an hour later i get the cancelation email 
frown.gif
. Think if i talk them up i can get a coupon code?

Originally Posted by SolexSup

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

mad.gif
 ndc just cancelled my order.. my hunt continues i guess.. right when i thought i caught a break

Coincidentally i did the live chat today wondering what was going on with my order and an hour later i get the cancelation email 
frown.gif
. Think if i talk them up i can get a coupon code?
i just emailed them.. trying to get one too i guess... doesn't really matter since i didn't get my order.. but i guess 15% off is better than nothing

Haven't worn mine yet... But I absolutely love these kicks... Jus a matter of time till they hit cement...

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Originally Posted by kennyisdead911

I'm in NJ and never get charged tax. 

Wonder why NJ is exempt. NJ has a Nike store right?
Maybe NJ doesn't charge tax on shoes. It's like that in Boston.

NJ doesn't tax necessities.  They sure as hell tax everything else tho.

i wore my sz 13 briefly, i love them but jus too big, pissin me off...looks great with khaki color pants

Originally Posted by woodro

i wore my sz 13 briefly, i love them but jus too big, pissin me off...looks great with khaki color pants

throw some sneaker shields in there, should help a little and be barely noticable because they are too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom