AIR JORDAN 13 BLACK/WHITE/TRUE RED RETRO AFTERMATH AKA Vol 2 THREAD NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING (3/16/

Did you buy the Blacktoe XIII aka He Got Games

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Doubled up

• 2++

• Total voters
yes. the left shoe is a half size smaller.. I honestly probably would never have known the difference if i had not seen the insole sticker as I was putting the left shoe on.

could be a jb error/could be a mixup.. the mgr is going to call me later today.

I actually switched my boy that day for his pair because the pair from the raffle that was won had bad pod bleeding already.. the white pods were red. but now he doesnt want to trade back even though thats not his size.

I know exactly what you mean. I got a left 9 and right 8.5. I couldn't really tell the difference if I put them side by side. I probably could have worn it like that, but it just doesn't psychologically feel right to be wearing two different size shoes. Luckily the manager of the store I bought my shoes at is a good guy, and he pretty much has the phone numbers to his good customers. He called up the guy with 8.5, and sure enough, that guy checked and realized the mixed up prior to wearing them.

yes. the left shoe is a half size smaller.. I honestly probably would never have known the difference if i had not seen the insole sticker as I was putting the left shoe on.

could be a jb error/could be a mixup.. the mgr is going to call me later today.

I actually switched my boy that day for his pair because the pair from the raffle that was won had bad pod bleeding already.. the white pods were red. but now he doesnt want to trade back even though thats not his size.

I know exactly what you mean. I got a left 9 and right 8.5. I couldn't really tell the difference if I put them side by side. I probably could have worn it like that, but it just doesn't psychologically feel right to be wearing two different size shoes. Luckily the manager of the store I bought my shoes at is a good guy, and he pretty much has the phone numbers to his good customers. He called up the guy with 8.5, and sure enough, that guy checked and realized the mixed up prior to wearing them.

Yea i'm TOO OCD to rock em like this so they are seeing what they can do. but if they ultimately can't do anything i guess i'll just rock em >D

^ Oh ok, makes since then.

Same for the 2010 Flint 13s I guess.
Its a nice shoe (Playoff 13s), but I feel like I have to really love them to pay that much, and maybe I'm just being cheap.
Oh well, the White/Black, White/Reds

Yeah I will try for those.
I do like the 3M on them too.
In the future, they'll be mines.

please make sure you research the 04 flints.

they are notorious for pod bleeding and the pinkish purple glue they used is an eye sore.

Last edited:
^ Yeah I've seen that in most pics.

Some aren't as bad as others.

Depending on condition, I may just give up and settle for the 2010 version.

:\

its a matter of whats worth more to you. 3M or no pink pods. the toe box was harder on the 2010s also probably because of a more synthetic leather being used.

i washed my 04s and was shocked when i saw the pods turn pink after i went to put them on weeks later. that + wrinkled toe box = sadj505

JUST GOT MY PAIR TODAY... NOT SURE IF ITS BEEN TALKED ABOUT ALREADY BUT THE PADDING ON THE SIDE PANEL IS A BIG LET DOWN..IF THESE WERENT SO NOSTALGIC TO ME I WOULDVE REGRETTED THIS PURCHASE... MAYBE ITS JUST MY PAIR (WHICH WOULD SUCK) BUT OTHER THAN THAT IM SATISFIED.

JUST GOT MY PAIR TODAY... NOT SURE IF ITS BEEN TALKED ABOUT ALREADY BUT THE PADDING ON THE SIDE PANEL IS A BIG LET DOWN..IF THESE WERENT SO NOSTALGIC TO ME I WOULDVE REGRETTED THIS PURCHASE... MAYBE ITS JUST MY PAIR (WHICH WOULD SUCK) BUT OTHER THAN THAT IM SATISFIED.
no you are right, it's not just your pair.. i mentioned it earlier in the thread, but the white side panels and tongue are definitely not as "fluffy" as they used to be. 

its a matter of whats worth more to you. 3M or no pink pods. the toe box was harder on the 2010s also probably because of a more synthetic leather being used.

i washed my 04s and was shocked when i saw the pods turn pink after i went to put them on weeks later. that + wrinkled toe box = sadj505

This had me :rofl:

But I hear ya.

Neeed some help. I bought my check a pair of  5.5y  13's .  Paid $200 but  They look way different from mine tho . Red insoles , The Bottom doesnt look exactly like mine in terms off neatness  either. The paint looks offon one shoe. Did anyone have this kinda problem with GS sizes ?

Last edited:
Neeed some help. I bought my check a pair of  5.5y  13's .  Paid $200 but  They look way different from mine tho . Red insoles , The bottom looks a Bottom doesnt look exactly like mine in terms off neatness  either. The paint looks offon one shoe. Did anyone have this kinda problem with GS sizes ?

View media item 331735
I also bought my girl a pair of black toe 13's and definitely noticed a few differences as well. The neatness as you mentioned, of the paint was a bit sloppier, the color and texture of the white tumble leather was different( hers being a truer white and less textured than mine) and the color of red on the outsoles were darker on hers than the red on mine. Overall I wasn't skeptical about authenticity as they were still good quality shoes and executed well, within reason, and passed all the typical 'legit check' tests. But I did notice differences between the two. My guess is they are just produced on a different line at different times with maybe different batches of materials. All in all we are both satisfied with our sneakers.

I never owned a pair of the 2011 playoffs 13's. I believe I read around saying that 2011 release was pretty well executed. How does that 2011 release compare to this release?

Wondering if its worth it to trade these for a pair of 2011 playoffs.
Make the trade IMO..I wore my black toes for the first time this past Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours, and was kinda disappointed..Saturday night, I put on my playoffs, and it's just an all around better shoe..The materials are def a little softer, and it's way more comfortable all around..People are def right about the sizing on the black toes..Both my playoffs and black toes are a 9.5, but I coulda gone down to a 9 on the new ones..With this said, black toes are still a solid shoe, and ultimately, I'm very happy to finally have a pair again..It's been a long time coming..Bottom line, do what makes you happy
Yes. I've been wanting some playoffs. Good to know that the quality is almost the same.

honestly think the overseas sites got tired of the demanding, paypal claim-filing americans.

I've been shopping at euro sites for shoes since 09 and in my experience they didn't have every release that we got. Recently, say the last two years, they have carried almost every retro release that we get, so I think we've been spoiled. I don't think it has anything to do with these dudes needing their shoes before they've even finished placing their order for this release.

honestly think the overseas sites got tired of the demanding, paypal claim-filing americans.

I've been shopping at euro sites for shoes since 09 and in my experience they didn't have every release that we got. Recently, say the last two years, they have carried almost every retro release that we get, so I think we've been spoiled. I don't think it has anything to do with these dudes needing their shoes before they've even finished placing their order for this release.

have you followed them recently.
they now sell locally before making pairs available to us foreigners at an unspecified date.

Finally got my pair from. Champs. Website said cancelled, then I got a payment verification emai, called and they upgraded to next day air shipping. Just received them. Still waiting on my pair from eastbay. Don't like the new ups shipping method,where it sits for 2 days,then goes to post office to be delivered. What kind of crap is that

Sorry to continue the off-topic but I know what you mean, some are not as bad but the glue is still visible, I did my "scouting" before I purchased.

You can also get some tweezers and actually pull off some of the excess glue with no hitch.

That 3M though :evil:

View media item 332154

Last edited:
Sorry to continue the off-topic but I know what you mean, some are not as bad but the glue is still visible, I did my "scouting" before I purchased.

You can also get some tweezers and actually pull off some of the excess glue with no hitch.

That 3M though
devil.gif
I like the '10 better with NO 3M .. I just dont see the point in the 3M on basketball shoes. Maybe if they were Air Max 95s or something

Back
Top Bottom