AIR JORDAN 13 BLACK/WHITE/TRUE RED RETRO AFTERMATH AKA Vol 2 THREAD NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING (3/16/

Did you buy the Blacktoe XIII aka He Got Games

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Doubled up

• 2++

• Total voters
Now who is making assumptions and taking things personally? Take your own advice and try reading a little better - I said nothing about restocks are a part of given GR or about people being a noob.
Im not questioning your experience or anyone else's - I'm just stating that this is not my first rodeo.

No, what you said was:

"What makes people think they will be able to score these on a restock?? If you couldnt get them on the day you KNEW they were droppping (the release day), what makes you think you will get them on an unknown (restock day) day in the future?? I think people just say that bs to make themselves feel better about missing out."

That's inflammatory, trying to get a rise out of people who may have missed out. There's no creating "that bs to make themselves feel better about missing out", it's acknowledging that RD isn't the only way one could acquire this shoe for retail. You acted as if people don't understand that restocks are a matter of patience, timing and luck (much the same way copping on release day has now become a matter of patience, timing and luck). Bottom line is that no one is making themselves feel better about anything. Experience and history shows that there will be restocks and the average NTer has a big advantage over the general public in hitting on a restock.

And let's be real, you called me out as incorrect while tossing around the "collecting longer than you've been alive" crack. There's no need for that on here. I've been collecting for 2 decades but I don't need to toss that out there to invalidate anyone else's opinion. These will restock and numerous NTers who missed out or want a second pair will indeed get them.

Last edited:
So blame technology and the internet and shoe forums y u have to stand in line...INFORMATION IS THE ENEMY LOL
Hah, yeah that'd definitely be a good place to point blame.  It's funny though, I can't even remember how I knew about new releases before the web.  I guess eastbay?  I just know I had a lot of J's and was always able to cop a pair with ease.  Unfortunately the late pandemonium has jaded me from buying JB shoes.  And I find myself having an internal battle.  On one end of the spectrum I could personally boycott the brand.  On the other end, I feel like my $180 isn't even a dent in the total profit JB makes off of a big release and ultimately feel that the only person getting hurt is myself by not getting a pair.  So I end up camping out anyway lol.  Maybe raffles are just the best way to safely release them now?

Nobody is saying these guys are destroying society, but anytime a market is invaded by middlemen, the consumer loses power. When the consumer group is an easily exploitable, greedy and materialistic group such as this, it becomes much easier for them. At the end of the day though, I have no respect for someone trying to make a $40-$60 hustle on sneakers. Go to school, get a real job, and an extra $50 isn't worth the time or hassle just to step between another consumer and the retailer.
look at you, sitting on your cloud of judgement handing out life lessons to all the sinners. 

i only hope people were this adamant about topics that really matter, not some trivial non issue like "sneaker resell prices" 

What makes people think they will be able to score these on a restock?? If you couldnt get them on the day you KNEW they were droppping (the release day), what makes you think you will get them on an unknown (restock day) day in the future?? I think people just say that bs to make themselves feel better about missing out.

Yeah, i see what youre saying. I for one am another one hoping to grab a pair IF they ever do, or any cancelled pairs. Definitely know its not likely, but someone has to get them. Im not holding my breath, but always gonna try.

No, what you said was:

"What makes people think they will be able to score these on a restock?? If you couldnt get them on the day you KNEW they were droppping (the release day), what makes you think you will get them on an unknown (restock day) day in the future?? I think people just say that bs to make themselves feel better about missing out."

That's inflammatory, trying to get a rise out of people who may have missed out. There's no creating "that bs to make themselves feel better about missing out", it's acknowledging that RD isn't the only way one could acquire this shoe for retail. You acted as if people don't understand that restocks are a matter of patience, timing and luck (much the same way copping on release day has now become a matter of patience, timing and luck). Bottom line is that no one is making themselves feel better about anything. Experience and history shows that there will be restocks and the average NTer has a big advantage over the general public in hitting on a restock.

And let's be real, you called me out as incorrect while tossing around the "collecting longer than you've been alive" crack. There's no need for that on here. I've been collecting for 2 decades but I don't need to toss that out there to invalidate anyone else's opinion. These will restock and numerous NTers who missed out or want a second pair will indeed get them.

I SURRENDER - I wasnt trying to start anything. CEASE FIRE - TRUCE!!

look at you, sitting on your cloud of judgement handing out life lessons to all the sinners. 

i only hope people were this adamant about topics that really matter, not some trivial non issue like "sneaker resell prices" 

Yep, cloud of judgment is right. I treat this like other communities I'm part of (and I mean that in a larger sense than just one forum such as NT).

Profiting off your fellow sneakerhead just makes it harder on all of us when we could be helping each other out a little more.

There are plenty of more important causes I am just as passionate about, but being part of a community and finding some moral high ground about what that entails is nothing to apologize for.

Man dudes on here always have to take things to a level they don't need to be at in every JB thread.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Yep, cloud of judgment is right. I treat this like other communities I'm part of (and I mean that in a larger sense than just one forum such as NT).

Profiting off your fellow sneakerhead just makes it harder on all of us when we could be helping each other out a little more.

There are plenty of more important causes I am just as passionate about, but being part of a community and finding some moral high ground about what that entails is nothing to apologize for.
word lol and resellers are uneducated low income dirtbags who should aspire to be more like you right, Saint Trappedintime

that way they dont have to flip shoes to pay for their section 8 housing and crack addictions. because if they went to school and got better jobs they wouldn't be reselling shoes. right?

take a nap. 

Got my pair for $240 an I woke up 6 o'clock an camped! Guess next time I gotta make sure I'm first in line!
mean.gif

LOL everybody chill...there will be restocks in stores soon..and possibly later also, like I said Nike is trying to kill the reseller they bring too much bad publicity to the company with the robbery and murders over shoe value/money. Believe it or not they don't want no part of the foolishness. They will continue to re-release all the popular shoes for the people who don't get them the first go around...As for resellers get your money now..soon people will not pay you the ridiculous amount of money you want for shoes..and ur profit will go from 80-150 a shoe to 20 dollar a shoe..which isn't worth the trouble. I'm happy for all the people who really love these shoes and wear them...Nike and retailers is looking out for you...just be patient.

Got my pair for $240 an I woke up 6 o'clock an camped! Guess next time I gotta make sure I'm first in line!
mean.gif
Don't be so eager to bite down on resell prices..most of us wait a week or 2 to wear our shoes anyway (to escape looking like we got 100 twins that weekend)..i dont think its worth 60 dollars to have them on release date.

Bushido, I certainly hope that will eventually be the case, but I'm not banking on it.

Bushido, I certainly hope that will eventually be the case, but I'm not banking on it.
lol..I work for FTL..almost every shoe (except those weird colored retro 9s [cool grey 9 re-released]) since the raptor 7s 2012 has been re-released in my store..40-to-80 pair per RE-RELEASE. im banking on it.

i had no issues with the CDP XIIIs to be honest. one of the best quality pairs from the packs.

That's surprising to hear. The consensus on quite a few of those packs were trash. This whole staggered release (or re-releases) some have mentioned here might not be bad if resellers weren't trying to snap up every damn pair.

dont forget that the 10/13 pack was the first pack to release. the reviews of the pack as a whole were very warm and positive. quality of the packs got worse as more iterations came out.

you hear about pre yellowed carmines and fire red Vs, ashy XVIIs and IVs but you dont hear people cry about the 1st 2 packs... the 10/13 and the 7/16. those were pretty good.

Last edited:
is the quality of the cpd that much better than the 2013 ? found a ds pair from the cpd.Should i sell my 2013 pair to buy the cdp pair ?

Back
Top Bottom